Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the 1 warning?

I notice some red stats too, I assume you just added storage but did not upgrade the engines to compensate for the increased mass?

Cybsled

I admittedly haven't played the quest but if you watch the clip, the way it is presented, it is completely playing into the Trans experience. There is little room left for any other interpretation

Not sure what you are watching. In real life, human embryos are essentially default female until around 7 weeks later or so, at which point the Y chromosome can be expressed and makes the embryo male. So if you had a cloning program and wanted to make a bunch of male and female clones, all you’re doing is altering embryo development to get the results you want.

It isn’t a trans thing in this context, they’re basically making different templates of the originating person because their ultimate goal was essentially some eugenics elite class/cabal and they wanted to have those clones also have children eventually

nu_11

it is known

20230906_124352.jpg

• 12Worf
  • 3Smuggly
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 18 users

Cybsled

What is the 1 warning?

I notice some red stats too, I assume you just added storage but did not upgrade the engines to compensate for the increased mass?

Most common one I get is when maneuverability falls below 60 and it recommends you reduce mass or add another engine

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
What is the 1 warning?

The warning is just for low mobility, and while I have very little experience to compare it to, it doesn't seem that bad when you're flying, although I do very little of that. The red stats aren't prohibitive, I think it's just comparing to what it was before I plunked on all the storage containers. And yea I just did exactly what he did in the video (I think including upgrading engines and adding one) but lengthways and kept adding storage until I got errors.

It's just a quick and dirty guide for those of us who don't wanna mess with full on shipbuilding yet and simply get directly to the inventory upgrade. Also, don't have OCD or you'll be hella triggered every time you land:

20230904193244_1.jpg

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In case anyone wants to know, this will run on a GTX970!

There is no way in-game to make it run in anything other than 1440 as full screen (on my 1440 monitor), so I was getting a good 6 FPS average on low and medium...changing it didn't change the FPS! The AMD FSS2 is just trash and looks worse than shit. Without FSS2 the character models look worse than Fallout 4, with it on, it looks almost as bad as Fallout 3. Plus, I didnt even notice a performance increase...but I didn't leave it on very long or restart the game.

So, I have to force it 1080 by changing my fucking monitor resolution to 1080. This increases to FPS average to around 16 and it still looks worse, by far, than Cyberpunk on the same machine which ran at around 25-30 FPS. Even Hogwarts ran better at 20+ FPS, most of the time and that was the worst performing game I have played, that I can remember.

I have a Ryzen 5 5600X, so it would be nice if these scaling techs would actually work and I could offload some performance demands to the CPU.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I like the fast travel for getting around cities and saving on long runs back to the ship on planets, but I think it's best to avoid planet to planet fast travel. You miss out on so much if you don't actually enter the system in your ship before landing on a planet. About the only time I don't actually "pilot" my ship to a planet is if I have contraband and need to just get rid of it immediately without risking a scan.

So I am confused a bit on this one. By travel from planet to planet is there a smaller warp type flight mode so we are still flying? Or are you talking about "Travelling" to the next planet and it brings you to the space sector where the planet is? As of now I tried to travel from Mars to the Moon using my engines and left stick for throttle and about the max speed I got was 120 and would take 60 days in real time :p Want to make sure I am not missing anything.

So far I found a banker and I am a debt collector. Still haven't started on the first mission with Sarah as my companion. I am figuring out inventory though and cargo, etc and transferring to the ship. I should also do the Atlantis activities.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought early access day1 on steam. Only had 155mins play time,just couldn't get into it.
Applied for refund yesterday and it went through,so that nice.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I am confused a bit on this one. By travel from planet to planet is there a smaller warp type flight mode so we are still flying? Or are you talking about "Travelling" to the next planet and it brings you to the space sector where the planet is? As of now I tried to travel from Mars to the Moon using my engines and left stick for throttle and about the max speed I got was 120 and would take 60 days in real time :p Want to make sure I am not missing anything.
I mean don't fast travel from the surface of one planet to the surface of another. I get in my ship, take off, then travel to the system where I need to go, then I land on the planet I'm heading to. Takes a fair bit longer, but you don't miss out on all the random encounters, extra sidequests, etc.

• 1Truth!

Cybsled

I didn’t even know that was an option, I always took off, plotted course, then traveled

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well, 2 productive days in a row where I kept my focus. Yesterday I did the Terromorph side quest which was amazing, and today I went back and completed the Crimson Fleet faction quest which was pretty cool also to be honest.

This quest was really fun because I was infiltrating the Crimson Fleet as a spy. All the quests I did I reported to my superiors in UC sysDef, the quest was fun because being a spy, I was limited in how I could complete them, mostly not kill anyone. I did screw one and killed a few people and was severely berated by the captain, telling if it happen again that it would not go well. No clue what the consequences would be. In the end you need to chose if you side with the Crimson Fleet or the UC SysDef. The option decides which side you fight for in the big battle, and has some ramifications for the rest of the game. I sided with UC SysDef. Battle was epic, and lots of fun. It advanced my piloting skills a lot, think I had over around 16 ship kills. :)

While not as good as the Terrormorph side quest, it was still great.

I‘m going to take a break from those big quests and clear out my quest log of smaller quests as they have accumulated while doing those 2.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I mean don't fast travel from the surface of one planet to the surface of another. I get in my ship, take off, then travel to the system where I need to go, then I land on the planet I'm heading to. Takes a fair bit longer, but you don't miss out on all the random encounters, extra sidequests, etc.

I‘m doing that too the vast majority of the time. Also it’s more fun doing this since I learn you can land without going to the map by bringing up the ship radar. Not as good as NMS, but no longer just travelling via the map.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok this helps quote a bit: Some of it is traditional stuff but I didn't know you could mine asteroids in space. Or there were trade kiosks to let you sell everything and the Kiosks reloaded credits every day. Looks like I should also progress a little bit in the story instead of just wandering everywhere first and do my activities (mini tutorial)

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
After a few hours my impressions are kinda mixed:
  • It's Fallout. In space. Without much of the personality. Feels pretty generic so far.
  • It runs well and things look good.
  • I like that they FINALLY eliminated the lag of opening boxes and looting.
  • The ship combat is pretty lame - it is about as basic as you can get.
  • Some of the dialog is amusing; others not so much.
  • I get that there is a lot to do; but I'm not sure exactly why I want to do it yet. Seeing the weird and wacky places in Fallout was always something I enjoyed.
  • I'd probably give it a 7 or 8 at this point. It is certainly no Baldur's Gate.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finally playing this. The intro to this game sucks ass lol.

"Oh you touched a thing and passed out, here brosis take my ship and go be a spacemanz"

The dialogue writing is worse than Cyberpunk's, at least in the beginning. I've seen later parts that look much better, so I don't know what to think.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Finished the main story quest, starting on NG+ now...
Man, having to do that dumbass floating mini game in each temple was stupid. Who thought that was fun? I'm fine with having to run there but just let me walk into the damn portal. It would have been nice if the temples had something unique about them, too. A bit of missed opportunity there, imo.

The story itself was decent but honestly felt a little sparse. They could have filled it out a little more; it just didn't have the dramatic heft I would have hoped for. The Starborn were too vague an enemy threat. At the least, though, the MSQ wasn't really a retread of other sciifi games I've played and I appreciate that. I think the gimmick of NG is kind of clever and adds unexpected replayability.

Was debating on whether to speedrun some NG levels but I don't think it makes much sense. I don't really want to become super overpowered with level 10 powers and the ship and gear can be outdone with crafted stuff eventually. And the idea of doing something like 240 is a big no for me.

I think it's odd that despite this all being so far in the future, there doesn't seem to be much AI or cybernetic angles in what I've run across far. Then there's all these books and papers everywhere. It's 200 years in the future but still has the Fallout new/old tech dynamic which I don't think works as well without the nuclear apocalypse to help explain things. They could have at least had something about AI/cybernetics/whatever being banned or restricted because of some cataclysmic war (like how mechs got banned).