Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Shooting people in their packs is funny. Some tough space punk went flying up into the roof while panicking and yelling. Was first good laugh of the game and well deserved.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Shooting people in their packs is funny. Some tough space punk went flying up into the roof while panicking and yelling. Was first good laugh of the game and well deserved.
Yeah, once I realized you could nuke em, I started really aiming for the packs. First time it happened, I was "hey that's pretty cool"!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I decided to give outposts a shot one more time. After a bit of wandering along a biome border, I finally found this:

image.png

But when I place the outpost down, either the Al or the He3 goes missing. As in, I can save and load my game repeatedly and each time one or the other will be there, but never both. They don't overlap either; the Al is right on the edge and one of the He3 spots is more or less dead center. Anyone else seen this sort of tomfuckery, and is there any way to fix it?

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I decided to give outposts a shot one more time. After a bit of wandering along a biome border, I finally found this:

View attachment 490272

But when I place the outpost down, either the Al or the He3 goes missing. As in, I can save and load my game repeatedly and each time one or the other will be there, but never both. They don't overlap either; the Al is right on the edge and one of the He3 spots is more or less dead center. Anyone else seen this sort of tomfuckery, and is there any way to fix it?
I don't think so. I had the same problem when finding all of those 7 in one spot (once), but for me it was He3 vs Ytterbium. Ytterbium is rare, but also not used in as much stuff as any of the other items, so I just dropped it from consideration. Both He3 and Aluminum are used in enough things to be very useful, but Aluminum is more important, as it is used in weapon/armor mods. He3 is more for base building things, like generators and the cargo link.

Since I found my interest in the game waning (was constantly procrastinating logging on), I figured it was time to pull out the console commands to eke out those last few hours. I cheated my way to maxed out research and I can only recall using Ytterbium once so far (well, where I had to go buy more; I probably had 10-15 before starting the base). Then I kinda quit adding anything new with the outpost, when I found I can just use vendors to get everything I need, and it would take much less time than setting up more bases.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 490272

That is quite a fucking outpost. I'm guessing that's Linnaeus IV-b, what kind of farmable plants/animals are on that planet?

After making a mega outpost I think going too hard on outpost selection isn't advised. With some mods (specifically increasing the max outpost size, max Cargo Links, etc) it could be pretty cool.

I've only gotten hit by that bug once and haven't really worried about it since.

Last edited:

Burns

That is quite a fucking outpost. I'm guessing that's Linnaeus IV-b, what kind of farmable plants/animals are on that planet?

After making a mega outpost I think going too hard on outpost selection isn't advised. With some mods (specifically increasing the max outpost size, max Cargo Links, etc) it could be pretty cool.
There are no plants or animals on Linnaeus IV-b, but that also means you dont need defenses, which I assume are useful on planets with atmospheres.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes. And bupkis. It's just a big rock.

I finally got it working after picking up and dropping the outpost a dozen or so times. Ytterbium (and Alkanes) definitely isn't something I care about but the limiting factor in this area is always the miniscule overlap between Al and Fe.

Now if it were only possible to get rid of all these stupid landing areas. I guess I can move 4 of them to the other side of the planet, but the last one will always be right next to the outpost, and half the time my ship ends up there instead of on the landing pad. At least I can summon it with the big pad's console, but it's still dumb.

There are no plants or animals on Linnaeus IV-b, but that also means you dont need defenses, which I assume are useful on planets with atmospheres.
Don't pirates still attack once your outpost gets big enough?

Last edited:

Burns

Yes. And bupkis. It's just a big rock.

I finally got it working after picking up and dropping the outpost a dozen or so times. Ytterbium (and Alkanes) definitely isn't something I care about but the limiting factor in this area is always the miniscule overlap between Al and Fe.

Now if it were only possible to get rid of all these stupid landing areas. I guess I can move 4 of them to the other side of the planet, but the last one will always be right next to the outpost, and half the time my ship ends up there instead of on the landing pad. At least I can summon it with the big pad's console, but it's still dumb.

Don't pirates still attack once your outpost gets big enough?
Haven't had a pirate attack, but there could be a trigger that I didn't hit, or I just haven't played long enough for it to happen (maybe 2 or 3 hours since finishing the base).

My base consists of:
  • 10+ level 1 extractors/miners
  • 1 large round landing pad
  • 1 transfer pad
  • 3 level 1 solar
  • 3 He3 gens
  • 1 big Nuke Gen (level 3 power)
  • 6 level 3 storage crates (one linked to each group of extractors)
  • 1 level 1 fabricator linked to a level 1 crate for output
  • 8 hab buildings that are mostly empty outside 3 desks, all worktables, 20 lockboxes, and a bed

faille

Molten Core Raider
It's mind boggling that you can't manufacture ammo, probably the main thing you would want to have a steady and reliable supply of in this game.
And weapons / suits too for that matter, rather than just mods. It shits me that I want to try out a certain play style, whether it's melee or sniper, etc, and I can't unless I luck out on finding a suitable weapons with non shit bonus, or dig through youtubes to find the rare certain drops for them.

First run through I lucked out on finding a legendary melee weapon so used for ages. by the time I decided I needed to switch to guns, I had so much ammo of every type that it wasn't an issue at all. NG+ has been a completely different experience, in that regard.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I just did the whole trash can whoopsie daisy in hopetown to get a weapon that owns the whole game. Kinda funny.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's mind boggling that you can't manufacture ammo, probably the main thing you would want to have a steady and reliable supply of in this game.
And weapons / suits too for that matter, rather than just mods. It shits me that I want to try out a certain play style, whether it's melee or sniper, etc, and I can't unless I luck out on finding a suitable weapons with non shit bonus, or dig through youtubes to find the rare certain drops for them.

First run through I lucked out on finding a legendary melee weapon so used for ages. by the time I decided I needed to switch to guns, I had so much ammo of every type that it wasn't an issue at all. NG+ has been a completely different experience, in that regard.
Just buy off vendors. You should have plenty of money. Switch between weapons too. You will run out if you stick with one.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Just buy off vendors. You should have plenty of money. Switch between weapons too. You will run out if you stick with one.

Get a modified grendel with at least semi auto and armor piercing rounds, and you'll likely never run out of ammo with that one and it should carry you through a lot of the game. Nearly every enemy seems to carry that ammo.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Another little deal I just learned, if you've got stolen items that you wish to keep / use, hit the Den, you can sell them to the trade guy, and just buyback and they're scrubbed of the stolen flag.

Found a decent revolver that I stole from I don't know where, and have been keeping it on the ship. Now I can finally use the damn thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
When making items to fulfill research requirements (make 10 new items etc.,) is there a way to determine if you have already made that tea or jerky before? It all looks the same to me..just don't want to keep on wasting mats on making the same crap 20 times and not getting any progress credit.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I pretty much empty every vendor of ammo but it never seems to be of the type I use more of.
Not really an issue since I have enough weapons I rotate through so I never actually run out, just seems strange to have a whole outpost / manufacturing system in the game that can't make more of the more consumable elements.

• 1Like