Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well this game isn't good, it's like they time-capsuled developers from 2011 right after Skyrim release, told them to make Space Skyrim and totally ignore what has been going on these last 13 years. Storytelling is bland, regular gameplay is Skyrim with mods, space gameplay is so compartmentalized and on rails making a dick-shaped or swastika ship is the only fun thing to do. The most frustrating for me is they tried so hard making the game about " free exploration" when in reality all you explore is loading screens and vendors.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well this game isn't good, it's like they time-capsuled developers from 2011 right after Skyrim release, told them to make Space Skyrim and totally ignore what has been going on these last 13 years. Storytelling is bland, regular gameplay is Skyrim with mods, space gameplay is so compartmentalized and on rails making a dick-shaped or swastika ship is the only fun thing to do. The most frustrating for me is they tried so hard making the game about " free exploration" when in reality all you explore is loading screens and vendors.

Feeling good about my refund. "Played" for 15 minutes or so and it just felt really off. Not to mention I couldn't get it to run in my native resolution so it was badly vertically letterboxed.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Feeling good about my refund. "Played" for 15 minutes or so and it just felt really off. Not to mention I couldn't get it to run in my native resolution so it was badly vertically letterboxed.

It picks up after 200 hours

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It picks up after 200 hours

Hot damn, re-purchasing and firing it up. To help me get through those 200 hours, the Marvels on my second monitor, with Black Panther 2 and The Flash queued up. Maybe wash it all down with some Rings of Power or Wheel of Time.

• 9Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 9 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Hot damn, re-purchasing and firing it up. To help me get through those 200 hours, the Marvels on my second monitor, with Black Panther 2 and The Flash queued up. Maybe wash it all down with some Rings of Power or Wheel of Time.
and vodka, lots and lots of vodka!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In a shocking development Todd's "It's a modding paradise" was a lie. It seems modding is much harder than previous games, leading some old Skyrim/FO4 modders to quit. Also, Skyrim is close to overtaking Starfield in current players on steam:

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

They haven't released the full creation kit as far as I know for Starfield, so I presume that is the main reason why mod development has been limited

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

They haven't released the full creation kit as far as I know for Starfield, so I presume that is the main reason why mod development has been limited
According to the video, it's not released, but the modders he talked to said some of it may not be fixable. Such as it might take hours of tweeking with load order if you want to use more than a few mods, or just outright be impossible if you you don't know what you are doing. If that's the case, less people will want to mod the game and less people will want to mess with playing a modded game.

Also, Todd saying it's a "modding paradise" when they weren't even close to having mod tools ready is bordering on a lie, even if they somehow achieve Skyrim levels of ease of use (which sounds extremely unlikely).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Also, Todd saying it's a "modding paradise" when they weren't even close to having mod tools ready is bordering on a lie, even if they somehow achieve Skyrim levels of ease of use (which sounds extremely unlikely).

Todd lie? No way.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's on BGS to turn Starfield into a modding paradise. Getting load order to be friendly is a key part. Their ES6 sales depend on it.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you guys know how hard it is to cram a 18" futa dong into a spacesuit? Of course modding Starfield is more difficult than Skyrim.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You're supposed to ask her to take the spacesuit off first, Skippy. What the fuck are they teaching in sex Ed nowadays?

Starfield citizens have evolved to Demolition Man style sex.

• 1Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
This didn't even get nominated for GOTY lol
F-1DopNakAEVCff.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Maybe they should do an award for marketing campaigns. They did pretty good on that. Pretty much everything else sucked though, which makes the marketing even more impressive.

• 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Maybe they should do an award for marketing campaigns. They did pretty good on that. Pretty much everything else sucked though, which makes the marketing even more impressive.
Pete Hines and Todd Howard should really get a lifetime achievement award in shoveling shit into the awaiting ears of fans.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In a shocking development Todd's "It's a modding paradise" was a lie. It seems modding is much harder than previous games, leading some old Skyrim/FO4 modders to quit. Also, Skyrim is close to overtaking Starfield in current players on steam:

So mods won't save it?

• 1Worf