Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's weird - there were a ton of comparisons to launch CP2077, a years old game, at launch that put Starfield in an unfavorable light and all of those posts were removed and posters banned rofl. Going from Starfield to CP2077 expansion was honestly jarring and felt like stepping 20 years into the future.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So the latest beta patch, maybe official now, added DSL support, and the game runs as smooth as it should have originally. I haven't been very far in my New game Plus deal, and there's such a night and day difference, but I'm really enjoying it versus having a constantly tweak my graphic settings. Akila City always ran like ass for me, and I think for pretty much everybody, but now it's smooth as silk.

The only problem I found is I'm getting random crashes at intermittent times. Updated my graphics drivers and went back into the save data folder and deleted a few hundred save files. Maybe that'll fix it. Before the update I think I only crashed maybe once or twice throughout my initial playthrough, but now after a bit I can go for an hour and then suddenly I'll get a crash reload the game and then it'll crash maybe 10-15 minutes later. Wondering if it's some sort of odd memory leak requiring a computer reboot. It doesn't freeze up my computer just the game and then you load it back up.

Is anybody else still playing and noticing any of these issues?

Cybsled

I haven't played in about a month and some change - got sidetracked by Phantom Liberty

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I can't get over the main story. The game is fun and I enjoyed it but I haven't changed a whit from the way I felt in my previous post. Let's see what they have planned for the Expansion and see if my disdain for the story dies down any over time. Maybe with some modding I can come back next year with a fresh/less hatred of the narrative take on it, and they can fix some of what they have done in the name of replayability.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I mean, this game is objectively pretty bad. I still played it a good bit, but I'm probably worse off for the experience.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I played through Starfield and it was "okay", like 6/10 okay. Then 2077 DLC hit and I played that and I was really, really mad. That game felt futuristic, immersive, compelling, nextgen und had better writing in a single sidequest than all what Starfield offered together.
So they can stick their DLCs and I give them another chance with ES6. Maybe.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can't get excited for ES6 after this disaster. Supposedly that will be Todd's last game. He has one more chance to redeem himself, or be cast into the outer darkness with the Father of Lies.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

I played through Starfield and it was "okay", like 6/10 okay. Then 2077 DLC hit and I played that and I was really, really mad. That game felt futuristic, immersive, compelling, nextgen und had better writing in a single sidequest than all what Starfield offered together.
So they can stick their DLCs and I give them another chance with ES6. Maybe.

That is what my experience was - I played Starfield and it was okay while I was playing it, then went back to Cyberpunk and was struck by how lifeless and bland Starfield feels in comparison.

• 2Like

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I really wanted to enjoy the game but I didn't even really start the main quest. Outposts were so pointless. I spent a lot of time working on getting a production chain going only to realize there was no use for it. After completing the UC faction quest in a couple hours and then remembering how much content and progression was actually involved in skyrims faction quests I was kinda disgusted and done with it. I guess maybe I'll play it again sometime in the future if heavily modding it makes any difference.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I patched this up last night, not really because I wanted to play it but just to see if the bugs that are preventing me from advancing one faction mission and 2 other side quests were fixed after 3 months.

Well, nope still can't progress.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1702076122318.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

pc is up and running. so giving this a shot again. Already my thoughts are mirroring lots of whats said here and the reddit.

"poi are just far enough away from each other to be tedious, but also not far enough away to make any damn sense"
30 seconds of exploring, and "gee I sure would like a car/bike/hoverjet"

subnautica, empyrion. what the fuck where they thinking with no vehicles?

I'm not sure how ship landing works. does it proc gen an entire new area every time you move your ship?

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure how ship landing works. does it proc gen an entire new area every time you move your ship?
I think it does unless you build something. I could be wrong though. I think it's really stupid that you can land on any planet or moon in any system and there's usually a structure of some kind built within view or walking distance. Like humanity has already visited and built on every rock in the galaxy? Come on.... Maybe I just didn't explore enough, I soured on the game pretty quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Exploration is the biggest problem in the game for most people. Where in Elder Scrolls you can walk in any direction and find something interesting and fun. But in Starfield, you can visit entire solar systems and not find a single thing unique and worth your time.

I would have much rather it been like Mass Effect. Have three modes - One is Active Quest zones that are major areas that you are guided to, or can explore early, but quest objectives are there at some point. Then another mode, where you hover over planets, and other celestial objects in the star chart and can ping for resources and send a harvester. Then the third mode, where you can do what you're doing now, but its for base building with very little point outside of that.

They could make this game into something "better" but this is definitely not a classic hit like any of the Elder Scrolls games and tbh, everyone thats an Elder Scrolls fan should be deeply sad that this is the company that is making 6.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
pc is up and running. so giving this a shot again. Already my thoughts are mirroring lots of whats said here and the reddit.

"poi are just far enough away from each other to be tedious, but also not far enough away to make any damn sense"
30 seconds of exploring, and "gee I sure would like a car/bike/hoverjet"

subnautica, empyrion. what the fuck where they thinking with no vehicles?

Go into your key bindings, and for your boost pack,in the second slot, bind another key. It shoots you forward for faster traveling rather than shooting you straight up. Makes a big difference if you sprint and shoot forward for quicker travel.

I think the balanced packs are supposed to be the best distance wise, but could be wrong. There's also a skill to level that makes your pack more efficient and boost further.

I do agree that a hover bike or buggy would be cool. Figure that will get modded one day.