StarOcean 5 : Integrity and Faithlessness

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
rrr_img_94695.jpg
rrr_img_94696.jpg

I have no clue what the fuck any of this shit is saying, but its StarOcean and my wallet is ready.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blasphemy. Shadow Hearts: Covenant was best PS2 RPG.

SO4 was a weird game. I really liked the combat, but the story, voice acting, Lymle, and the pedo who followed her around were enough to make it the worst game I ever put into my PS3. I'm sure I'll still get SO5 from Gamefly anyway, because the older games weren't bad.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Blasphemy. Shadow Hearts: Covenant was best .
First two Shadow Hearts games were great. Yuri's one of my favorite jrpg protagonists. Covenant was the game, but the first game's commitment to its world and narrative was very rare at that early juncture in PS2 rpg development. One of maybe 5 non-FF6/7/8/10/Chrono jrpg's I have played where I actually cared about the characters.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I loved 4, fade and lymel were bad romance people but other than that I loved the game.

Not sure what the obsession with older beings looking like kids is about from Asia but it's pretty gross. You saw it in tera and other games as well.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hopefully this doesn't suck a bag of dicks like all of the Star Oceans past 2. I loved Star Ocean 2.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Blasphemy. Shadow Hearts: Covenant was best PS2 RPG.
PS2 was a RPG beast. Covenant was probably one of the most enjoyable ones, with fairly funny characters and development. Wrestler comes to mind.

Though I'd have a hard time finding a favorite RPG from the PS2 era. Aside from the Final Fantasy and Persona series, the (dot)Hack series was decent, Rogue Galaxy, Chrono Cross, Dragon Quest 8, Suikoden series, Valkyrie Profile, Xenosaga series, Tales of the Abyss, etc. Star Ocean 3 was really good too.

Then the EQ stuff, Champions of Norrath which I really enjoyed and Everquest Online. Still remember being at college in the US and the UPS guy knocked on the door and delivered my beta CDs for that. Was fun.

Don't think I will ever own a console that will get as much use as my Matrix chipped PS2 did.

As to this game, will probably be a day one buy like any RPG. Not exactly that many RPGs these days, so buy the ones that are released.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You bitches make me want to go back and play the first 2 shadow hearts games
frown.png
Covenant was amazing, i don't remember much about the first, i bought that later on after playing covenant heh

SO5 is looking sick, i just really hope they get better NA voice actors than they did for TLH, god they were so awful

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wonder how well Suikoden did on the PS4 releases, would like them to do the same with some of these because I've played everything listed so far with the exception of Covenant.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Was SO3 the one where they enter the 4th dimension, cease to exist but because they love each other very hard they re-exist or some stupid shit?

Need a JRPG where they don't beat the ultimate evil thanks to friendship bracelets and pinky swears.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Was SO3 the one where they enter the 4th dimension, cease to exist but because they love each other very hard they re-exist or some stupid shit?

Need a JRPG where they don't beat the ultimate evil thanks to friendship bracelets and pinky swears.
Shadow Hearts is the game for you!

Actually, they probably haven't aged well at all. The PS2 generation has aged worse than any other generation, imo.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
I absolutely detested The Last Hope. That and Tales of Graces F are the only two games in recent memory I just couldn't finish and quit half way through. Lymle was by far and away my most hated character I've put up with. Then they introduced this cat woman girl that was only slightly less annoying that compounded my misery and I couldn't take it anymore. Fuck that game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

I thought breaking the 4th wall was pretty sweet the first time I played SO3

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I absolutely detested The Last Hope. That and Tales of Graces F are the only two games in recent memory I just couldn't finish and quit half way through. Lymle was by far and away my most hated character I've put up with. Then they introduced this cat woman girl that was only slightly less annoying that compounded my misery and I couldn't take it anymore. Fuck that game.
Graces F was an abomination! - I was so looking forward to that,...until i played it