Starship Troopers (reboot)

Goatface

not much info, estimated for 2016 release

Ashley Miller & Zack Stentz (screenwriters) - T:SCC, Fringe, X-Men: First Class
Neal Moritz (producer) - I Am Legend, Fast and the Furious, 21 Jump Street, etc etc

Zack Stentz_sl said:
Less a satire & more an actual adaptation of the Heinlein novel. An Officer & a Gentleman in power armor.
don't think they can do anymore harm to the brand, so looking for to it

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Neal Moritz (producer) - I Am Legend, Fast and the Furious
349.gif

about the reboot,why reboot?why not a sequel of the 1st ST?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Neal Moritz (producer) - I Am Legend, Fast and the Furious
349.gif

about the reboot,why reboot?why not a sequel of the 1st ST?
Starship Troopers the movie is to Starship Troopers the book as World War Z the movie is to World War Z the book.

Cybsled

Starship Troopers the movie is to Starship Troopers the book as World War Z the movie is to World War Z the book.
Yes, but SST the movie was awesome.

There already is a sequel

Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation (Video 2004) - IMDb
There is also a 3rd one. 2nd and 3rd were direct-to-video. Both suck compared to the 1st one, but the 3rd is semi decent because they tried harder to fit the style of the 1st one.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
If it has something with 6 arms or more ripping off Denise Richards clothes I'm all in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
I love the first movie though it is different from the book. I also think the cgi in it has survived the test of time far better than Denise Richards has

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Star Trooper is one of those sci-fi classic (Dune) that got fucked by movies.....

I hope...they don't fuck up this time...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
never read the book, only saw the movie, was classic verheoven (robocop, total recall). translation, it was awesome. a reboot would be ok i guess. though i have no intention of ever watching it. but its ok if you want to see how close they get it to the book, though they always tend to mirror the movie they are remaking because its a safer lazier bet.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm sort of wondering at which point they start to "reboot" movies that came out last month.

Because I feel like it can't be that far away.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be terrible. I wonder how much money is involved to make someone a straight face when pitching such ideas.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Second one was terrible, third was was hysterical. Plus they had Casper Van Dien back for #3.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
They need a reboot of it, with hopefully real bodies or corpses that look real. The first movie was essentially satire which is not what the book is about.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think the first movie was great. Maybe not the perfect adaptation of the source material but held on its own it's a great film.

I love Verhoevens style.

Would you like to know more?