State of Decay (Xbox 360, PC)

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
it currently has some weird mappings for K&M and the mouse is very sensitive but you can play the game without a controller. Grabbed it last night and started a game. Resolutions are really weird on my monitor but everything works fine with my keyboard and mouse. Basically WASD movement, shift jump, LMB = B, RMB attack, left shift sprint. There's a good post with the bindings on the steam forums.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Here's hoping one of the first things they do is open the engine and resources up to modding. At the least configs and whatnot. Everything is so locked down you can't even add new aspect ratios yet, so if you have a 16:10 monitor you have to play in 16:9.

The fastest way to stop this from being a straight console port would be to let us do it ourselves to be honest. The game itself is quite fun but simple, mainly because it's a console game I guess. If the concept was expanded in every way it could be a truly amazing game, but as it stands it's just a good one imo

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Really surprised people aren't talking about this game some more. It needs some tweaking and expanding, but it's one of the most addictive game concepts I've encountered in a while.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
That's fair. I think I need to restart, I've wasted too many construction materials trying out the different facilities you can put in.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For a lazy person who can't be arsed to research it to fans who love to tell all about their favorite things. What's the setup like as far mulitplayer vs single, vs limited muliplayer. Question comes up after saying wasting materials on facilities. Would make it sound to me like a single player experience? Otherwise for example in something like Dayz you'd just continue collecting resources no matter what you waste it on.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
It's all single-player at the moment. The amount of resources in the gameworld is limited, so it's entirely possible to waste them, although I don't know if you can really paint yourself into a corner by doing so.

Golt_sl

shitlord
I dunno, i could see it being a decent co-op game somewhat in the vein of Day Z if they expanded upon the fort building part. Going out on missions for supplies and whatnot. I loved this game on X360, was worth every bit of it.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I'll definitely drop 20$ on the PC version as soon as it adds keyboard/mouse support. I won't touch it until then.
confused.png
I used the keyboard and mouse for it. Then bought a controller, much better with a controller but yes, you can use keyboard/mouse.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just got this for Christmas, I love sandbox and zombies and survival.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
shit fov, check
negative mouse acceleration, check
motion blur you can't turn off, check
orientation that returns to center, check

Yup it's a shit console port.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
It's still a fun game, but yeah. It has consolitis something fierce, and I'm someone that doesn't usually get bothered much by that.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
shit fov, check
negative mouse acceleration, check
motion blur you can't turn off, check
orientation that returns to center, check

Yup it's a shit console port.
Thank you for being a guinea pig, Tuco. Really wanted to try this for PC, but now I won't be.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fuck Jeff Strain in his face with a chainsaw and banish his wife to the salt mines of fucdifikno but don't they tell you when you purchase it's best played with a controller?

Jefferey talked this game up like a Swiss sailor when he left ArenaNet, almost Daikatana level ego. I think the first post on the undead labs was something about how everyone was tired of fantasy games and WW2 games and by god he was going to make a Zombie game no one makes those! Heh. oh Jeff.