Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder if Steam will flag accounts who take advantage of this. Basically using the refund system as a try-before-buy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't think so. If the point of the system was try-before-buy why not make it so an individual account can download any game and play for 2 hours?
From the Steam webpage:

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam-for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.
Making it so any account can play for 2 hours makes them 0 money until someone purchases it. Making you buy first, will net them money, even on some people who don't like it and are too lazy or forget to refund.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Welp, I decided to test out the fine print of their policy, in requesting a refund of The Walking Dead that I purchased upwards of a year ago on sale at some point. Loaded it up, played 5 minutes, couldn't identify with the main characters at all, and promptly uninstalled never to play again. Will update with how it goes!

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Welp, I decided to test out the fine print of their policy, in requesting a refund of The Walking Dead that I purchased upwards of a year ago on sale at some point. Loaded it up, played 5 minutes, couldn't identify with the main characters at all, and promptly uninstalled never to play again. Will update with how it goes!
You have 14 days to get a refund, so you're S.O.L.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Ah, I didn't see that part. Good luck on your evaluation.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Legend of Grimrock 2 is $5.99 at GOG right now. Lowest it's ever been by a few bucks.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, I'm not impressed. Got what amounted to an automatic response within about 8 hours of sending my help ticket in, just re-iterating the rules. Replied back to their response and haven't gotten a re-reply yet. Whatever!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That sale just end? It's showing as full price to me.

Edit: Oh shit, I didn't realize D4 released today.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I requested a refund on the Telltale GoT game. I ended up buying it on Xbox One instead. I had about 3 hours played and was less than 2 weeks. They got to it quick and approved the refund. So they are at least a little flexible on the 2 hours played limit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Shadow Warrior 2013 now 90% off on GoG. Looks great, like a modern Painkiller.

Shadow Warrior (2013) ?-? GOG.com
It's even better than that imo, cheesiest one liners I have heard in a while and the story isn't absolutely cringe worthy somehow. I recommend playing on normal/hard tops, since the enemies get a lot of extra HP and normal strikes very good balance between sword/weapons with enemies exploding after single combo.

This was the launch trailer:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It's even better than that imo, cheesiest one liners I have heard in a while and the story isn't absolutely cringe worthy somehow. I recommend playing on normal/hard tops, since the enemies get a lot of extra HP and normal strikes very good balance between sword/weapons with enemies exploding after single combo.

This was the launch trailer:
Fun game, picked it up on release, I liked the how you could and have to use sword and gun skills to survive. Lots of throw backs to the first one to include secret areas that use old textures etc.