Steam Deals and Digital Sales

spronk

FPS noob
So anyone thats a frequent online black friday buyer what sites do you hit, im gonna be looking for bundles on systems from 3ds XL to xbone, and also video cards.
Black Friday 2015 Video Game Deals - Master Thread - Video Game Deals - Cheap Ass Gamer

master list of all black friday video game deals. click the show spoiler under each retailer to see their full list. if you are gonna spend over $100 on games get a best buy GCU membership ($30) in store this week, you'll save tons

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Deals on guitar hero live and not rock band lead me to believe rock band is winning this time around. Hope a rock band deal comes around because it's a game I can't get on Gamefly.

spronk

FPS noob
pay $20-30 more and get the fallout anthology, it comes with a pretty bitching nuke case and the games are all steam codes i think (plus disc versions in a cool case)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fallout-...&skuId=9852688
Amazon.com: Fallout Anthology - PC: Video Games

81L0lYkfHzL._SL1500_.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
steam autumn sale will not have daily and flash deals
frown.png
basically a bunch of games will be on sale the entire time and they will just highlight different ones on the front page every day. Its not clear if this will apply just to autumn or both autumn and winter sale

NeoGAF - View Single Post - STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

steam guy_sl said:
The Autumn "Black Friday/Exploration" sale is from November 25th 10AM PST til December 1st 10AM PST.

The Holiday sale is from December 22nd 10AM PST til Jan 4th 10AM PST.

"In past sale events, we've asked for two discounts-a duration discount that runs for the length of the sale, and a feature discount that runs in the event that a game is featured on the front page. This year, to optimize the sale for customers and to allow us to feature and recommend your products in more ways to more customers, we're asking for just one discount, to run the length of the sale.

We'll still be highlighting top games on the front page for 24-48 hour spans, but those products will stay at their most competitive discount, before and after being featured. It's not a major change, but it does make the sale a lot more valuable for customers, and it allows us to build sale tools that highlight and recommend products all sale long, instead of just during front page features."

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's a good thing really, means you don't have to wait the entire sale to buy whatever game you want to see if it's on a daily/flash, and instead just buy your shit.

Sulrn

Deuces
On the other hand, you're going from them having a real discount and meh to an unknown %.

Who's to say companies are going to move towards opting for the flash sale point knowing its for the entire duration instead of choosing the meh or somewhere in between? I'd rather wait and get 60% or more instead of being stuck the entire sale for 25 or 15%.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'll reserve judgement until I see the sale, but I kind of enjoyed the daily sales and watching for stuff.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Why do they always change a good thing? Just make a fucking sale. I wait half the year for these sales and every single time they change it to some bull.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I like the change. Fuck waiting just to see if a game I wanna buy will get an even bigger discount. And especially fuck missing out on a better price because I was too late to check Steam that day.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hated the flash/daily sale system. It made it so I never wanted to buy anything NOT on the flash or daily which is counter to what a sale should do which is generate sales. So if I missed out I just wouldn't buy the title.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most people seemed to not bother waiting for flash/daily sales so it seems likely they'll lean towards the "normal" sale prices which sucks for those of us who DID hold out for the better prices :p Guess I just won't buy much if that happens though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just want them to redo that winter sale from like 4 or 5 years ago, where you could get all kinds of free shit. That thing was the best!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I hated the flash/daily sale system. It made it so I never wanted to buy anything NOT on the flash or daily which is counter to what a sale should do which is generate sales. So if I missed out I just wouldn't buy the title.
Yup, same for me. I'd end up waiting for a "better" deal, it'd never come, and I'd just end up not purchasing the game at all.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Although I did like the aspect of finding out what the new discounts were everyday, I think I like it better this way. At least you know up front what's on sale and you have the entire length of the sale to buy what you want with no surprises. It'll be curious if they are doing their little games again and if there is going to be any incentives since sales always tied to them before.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
There any discounts/coupons on Fallout 4 currently active? I've been driving across the country like a jackass for three weeks so didn't bother to pre-order.