Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pure survival shooter shit.
Er, no. It's pure survival horror. There are guns in the game but it's not even remotely close to being a shooter. Pretty sure I never fired a shot during my entire playthrough, if I did it wasn't actually aimed at an enemy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I enjoyed it, as did the vast majority of Steam reviews. I played it on PC, though. Not sure on the console ports.

spronk

FPS noob
Gotcha. Is it actually "fun"?
isolation is a very stealth-based game, in the first 70% of the game you will die if you are spotted by the alien basically. you have to throw stuff around and sneak around it. the save system kinda sucks, so you will have to redo like 15-45 mins of effort many times when you die. if you hate stealth, jump-scare, and long-times-between-save-checkpoint games you will hate this game, if you like that kind of stuff you will enjoy it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gotcha. Is it actually "fun"?
If you like survival horror--the strict definition of the genre where you have very limited tools to fight with and spend most of your time running and hiding from an invincible Bad Thing--absolutely. Think Silent Hill/Clock Tower/Haunting Ground/Rule of Rose/Siren/Penumbra/Amnesia, not Resident Evil/Dead Space/Evil Within.

Or Alien, not Aliens. If you're a big fan of the movie, the amount ofdetailthat they put into the Sevastopol to make it faithful to the original is really damned impressive.

Sulrn

Deuces
Watched a let's play series of Isolation - definitely didn't look fun on any level, but as a fan of the movies I enjoyed watching it. The detail they put into the game was as close to any real love the franchise has seen since Alien 3.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
isolation is a very stealth-based game, in the first 70% of the game you will die if you are spotted by the alien basically. you have to throw stuff around and sneak around it. the save system kinda sucks,so you will have to redo like 15-45 mins of effort many times when you die.if you hate stealth, jump-scare, and long-times-between-save-checkpoint games you will hate this game, if you like that kind of stuff you will enjoy it.
This is what I disliked about it in reality. It got to the point where everytime I died I just stopped playing and would pick it back up a few days later.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think I'm done with the sale. Picked up Chivilry, wolfenstein the new order and rocket league. Rocket league is hella fun.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really want Grey Goo but can wait until sub-$20.

Ashes of the Singularity also, but can wait until that game is closer to done.

All I've bought this sale I think is XCOM.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks a ton for mentioning cities: Skylines. I'd never heard of that game and picked it up. Took a break from getting my ass spanked in Dark Souls 2 and played it for awhile last night. This is probably the first game in years (besides League) that I see myself going over 100 hours in.

edit- Is there a colorblind setting, or a colorblind mod for this game? I tried a few of the color palettes, but they didnt seem to be aimed at color blind losers.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've picked up more on this sale than most others in recent memory. A lot of piddly shit...

Elite: Dangerous
Shadow of Mordor (owned it for PS4 but never finished it before I sold it)
Sid Meiers: Pirates! (I lost the disk and for $2 I figured why not)
Spelunky
South Park: Stick of Truth
Star Wars KOTOR II
Star Wars: Empire at War (again, lost disk's and it was $5)
Assassins Creed: III
Assassins Creed: Freedom Cry
Assassins Creed: Rogue
Besiege

Titles I'll still end up picking up:

Rocket League
Salt
Windward

Debating on Interplanetary

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
At least we got Tarrant to blame if they never ever going to bring back flash sales.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
If anyone is interested, there's a turn-based RPG called Avernum: Escape From the Pit on sale for $2. Definitely a low budget game but I'm finding it to be quite enjoyable for the $$.