Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Sulrn

Deuces
Breach&Clear; which means I've taken more money out of the Holiday sell than I've put into it and essentially gotten another free game paid for by the community.

TrainWreck1.gif

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If anyone is interested, there's a turn-based RPG called Avernum: Escape From the Pit on sale for $2. Definitely a low budget game but I'm finding it to be quite enjoyable for the $$.
It's a series. Think there's 8. Great ultima era crpgs.

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
Final tally from the XMas sale:

1. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut (gift)
2. Dying Light (gift)
3. Guild of Dungeoneering
4. The Beginner's Guide
5. Pillars of Eternity
6. Technobabylon
7. Odallus the Dark Call
8. Serpent in the Staglands
9. Victor Vran
10. Avernum 2: Crystal Souls
11. Shadowrun Hong Kong
12. Invisible Inc.

This probably still counts as the Steam XMas sale I've gotten the least out of.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Today I finished up my shopping with;

Victor Vran
Rocket League
Windward
The Tell Tale Collection (there was a ton of stuff in here, I didn't realize they made many of the games they did)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
My grand total of games bought: Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I have 30 games on my wishlist.

Sales need to get their act together.

spronk

FPS noob
i bought talos principle cuz it was like $5 after the 50% coupon from a humble bundle. usually i spend $20-50, I have almost $300 in steam credit (from idling cards) too. fuck this new sale format, i loved the old flash sales, glitches, votes, 18-24 hours to make a decision, and all that shit

Rime

<Donor>
Cities: Skylines + After Dark expansion
Endless Legend expansions
Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/Shipwrecked

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i bought talos principle cuz it was like $5 after the 50% coupon from a humble bundle. usually i spend $20-50, I have almost $300 in steam credit (from idling cards) too. fuck this new sale format, i loved the old flash sales, glitches, votes, 18-24 hours to make a decision, and all that shit
I don't know what the fuck to do with these cards. I don't think I ever participated in any sales with collectibles.

spronk

FPS noob
install steam inventory manager for chrome
go to your inventory
click on select multiple items (sell?) and select 50 cards, sell em all. if you try to sell more than 50 items at a time in the marketplace you you have to give steam your SSN and shit

i run idlemaster to idle all my new bundle games, for indiegala and bundlestars it pretty much means i am paying 10-20c a game but i end up with a massive steam wallet

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought FF13-2 for 9.99. This was, by far, the least I've ever spent on a Steam sale.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you buy a game that you think you might refund, you can add it to the blacklist so that it will not get idled.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Postponed buying games last couple sales and did my splurging:

Wolfenstein New Order
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Broforce
Shadow Warrior
Helldivers
Talos Principle

Didn't expect to burn through Talos Principle to full completion but easily became one of the best games I've ever played, was not prepared for that incredibly tight blend of gameplay/story/OST. Can't recommend that game enough.
Picked up the DLC, Road to Ghenna, though won't get my hopes up for being as good as the main game.

Side Note: Their was an active ARG going on with the wintersale cards/comic as well that only got half solved but some interesting stuff came out of it. Part of it gave out a Red Herring steam badge and some clues talking about monitoring stations in the arctic so might have some Valve stuff coming up at CES or at least something brewing.