Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pillars is easily 60 hours if you do some of the quests 100+ if you do most of them and I have no idea how many hours to do them all. If you want more after that I suggest a modded for widescreen user patched Planescape: Torment, maybe Neverwinter Nights 2 with unlocked camera if you never played that one. Shadowrun Dragonfall DC or Hong Kong are also really good if you need something recent. If you need some action though I recommend Dragons Dogma.
Nice. I do have shadowrun returns but just rhe base game.

I also have dragons dogma

norp

Bronze Squire
Not that interested in this steam sale, so much meh and I have too many non-steam games to play already. Anywho, just came to recommend The Long Dark to anyone that wants a single player ultra-realistic wintery survival game. Had some really fun moments playing it already, and even though it's early access I think it's worth the $6.79 as is.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Long dark is okay, but feels barren.

Subnautica is the survival game you want to pick up this sale. It is almost ffinished, due out late august, and it is really really good.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I remember buying rust early access and that was a mistake. Never again.
Subnautica is the standard for developing early access titles. Its also about to be released.

Long Dark is early access still, and much further away from being finished. Same with The Forest, which is absolute trash.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Nice. I do have shadowrun returns but just rhe base game.

I also have dragons dogma
You can look forward to Battletech like the rest of us
smile.png
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ned/battletech

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
shadow of mordor GOTY is $2.49 on steam now, price match to amazon. worth it at that price. some people love the game, some hate it but its definitely worth a spin if you are a fan of the movies/books
Save 94% on Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition on Steam
Yeah, it's a steal at $2.49. It gets repetitive once you unlock most of the moves and can't really be touched, but even at $15ish during the winter sale when I got it, I easily got my money's worth.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well I was specifically looking for steam sale stuff
Subnautica is 11.99 on steam sale and releases at the end of August where it'll be like 30 dollars or so.

You literally cannot go wrong with that title if you are into the survival/crafting/exploration type games. It is the model for early access. Daily bug fixes, weekly content updates, regular contact by the devs, and the game itself is just stunning, both visually and in the scope of it.

The game begins with you bailing out of an exploding space ship in a drop pod and splashing down in the ocean on a planet that appears to be majority water. After putting out the fire in your drop pod, you have to immediately begin exploring for raw materials to construct food, clean water, and gear so you can progress towards building a base and eventually developing submarine equipment to explore further and deeper into the ocean planet in search of answers to why your ship was destroyed basically.

The story is minimalist. The emphasis is on survival. There is always something bigger and stronger than you that is a threat. Management of oxygen, inventory, food and hunger needs drive a large part of the early game, while construction and expansion drives the middle part of the game.

Sulrn

Deuces
He's not wrong. It was a game built around an engine instead of an engine built for a Game.

It was a cool concept that was poorly implemented. Not having the core feature of the game until it's 3/4s over was pretty bad design. The entire game being a tutorial was bad design. The end boss fights were extremely bad design.

I enjoyed it, but it's not hard to see how someone doesn't.

Sulrn

Deuces
You don't get the ability to dominate/brand until one of the last missions on the second map. I'd say that's pretty fucked up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked it for a few hours and then the ungodly repetition set in and I couldn't force myself to finish it. Combining Assassin's Creed and Batman was a cool idea, and I probably would have found it more tolerable if I hadn't already played so many games from those series to 100%. Never understood the praise for the nemesis system though; sure, it was kind of unique, but that doesn't make it good.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Shadows of Mordor was alright. But for me its the Lord of the Rings fanfiction. That ending sequel bait was rediculous.