Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of co-op with the wife...

Upset I missed Divinity Original Sin on the Summer sale, as I just was reading about it's co-op in the EE version. Local split screen co-op even. Have to use a controller though for both players. Gonna dig around for my old xbox controllers and wireless dongles to see if I still have them!

Sulrn

Deuces
Speaking of co-op with the wife...

Upset I missed Divinity Original Sin on the Summer sale, as I just was reading about it's co-op in the EE version. Local split screen co-op even. Have to use a controller though for both players. Gonna dig around for my old xbox controllers and wireless dongles to see if I still have them!
Should be plenty on sale during prime day sales.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This isn't exactly the thread for it but I didn't want to make a new one and couldn't recall an existing one.

I'm looking for game suggestions that will run on a shitty, low-end laptop (4-years-old and was pretty shitty back then). Also, my internet connection is utter shit (like 100kb/s on Steam downloads). Right now I just have Darkest Dungeon, which runs perfectly and didn't take *too* long to download. I also have Civ 5 which will probably play fine once I eventually download it. I also do not have a mouse, which I know will remove a lot of games from the list.

What are some great games from the last ~10 years (ideally available on Steam) that are low in graphic requirements and can be played easily without a mouse?

*Edit: A simple-ish game like Terraria would be awesome (if Terraria wasn't impossible to play without a mouse).

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Does it not have a usb port you can plug a cheapo wireless mouse into? You can get one for like 10 bucks.

I want to suggest games like Prison Architect and Rimworld, because they are low resource low graphics with a lot of things to do but I dunno.

Tough call, especially if it only has on board graphics.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Without a mouse really just limits you to 4x and slow pace games. Galactic CIV 2 is pretty fun. Crpg like baldur's gate and Icewind dale, Avernum, Avadon, Shadowrun Returns, FTL etc. Also if you buy a controller you can play a ton of older 3rd person games well.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Have USB ports but if I got a mouse I'd have to order it, which would take about ~4 weeks at my location. There are PS4/XB1 controllers for sale but I'm not sure I want to spend $60 for this :p

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Gotcha.

You can always play Dwarf Fortress on something like that, you know.

It can be played without a mouse.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you have access to a console controller? If so, I'd say GBA/SNES/DS emus are your new best friend.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Endless Space is a decent enough game, and doesn't need much hardware to play. Not sure on install size, though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure where to put this, but today is Amazon Prime Day:Amazon.com | Prime Day
Seems just as meh as last year's unless you're in the market for a Kindle or Fire TV. I bought a SSD on Sunday and felt dumb when I remembered that the sale was today, but as it turns out they don't have any better deals than they did then.

The one good 'deal' I saw is that you can reload $50 onto your gift card balance and they will give you a promo credit for $10 extra. Free money towards my next game pre-order is better than nothing.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Vizio 5.1 Surround Soundbar with Rear Speakers was a really good deal for anyone who wants good quality surround at a cheap price.

The XB1 bundle seemed pretty good, but I guess not as much when you consider the new version coming out soon.

spronk

FPS noob
mirrors edge for $24 and doom for $30 aren't bad but yeah nothing really that interesting on the amazon prime sale. a fire 7" for $33 (rootable), fire TV / firestick for whatever are ok as well. If you have an echo you can get UC4 SE for $25. Uncharted collection for $20 is still up I think

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I found a wireless mouse for $30, my options have expanded! Gonna check Terraria out again (haven't played since one or two of the big updates hit).

Rime

<Donor>
I think I remember that game. Sci-fi Terraria, basically? I can pick it up for $2.50 since I had some cash in the steam wallet from selling cards. I'll check it out!
Play Terraria instead and save your money. Starbound is a huge disappointment. Been in development for five years and it has a quarter of the content potential it showed.

Terraria, if you do everything and like building, will easily eat up 60+ hours of your time.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like terraria but i dont like the corruption creep of the hard modes. You almost have to build a 2 person length bisection through the whole level and that takes forever.