Steam Deals and Digital Sales

spronk

FPS noob
there's still a "backdoor" for hitman, you get the intro episode 1 and then the upgrade which gets you episodes 2-6 for a total of like $16
Hitman Intro Pack
Hitman Upgrade Pack

its equivalent to the full game in every way. its only a matter of time before they patch this too tho

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Snagged This for Legend of Grimrock 2. Anyone know if having casters in the party is significantly less tedious than in the first?

I really liked Grimrock 2 as well. Casting felt easier and more intuitive, but you still have to memorize the glyphs to cast, no way to hotkey that I found.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I see that Steam has some kind of sale going on through the 29th of Nov...is that their Cyber Monday sale or do they do something specifically for each year?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I see that Steam has some kind of sale going on through the 29th of Nov...is that their Cyber Monday sale or do they do something specifically for each year?
It's their Autumn Sale. As far as I know, it's very similar to the Winter (Christmas) Sale. Other than some games being out longer & maybe more likely to be discounted etc

Last edited:

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I jumped on that Mordor deal and cannot find the key.

I received an email after I purchased the game saying if I want to play it I need to install their U-play software and it will show up automatically. Nope!

It's a buck $1.70 so I'm not going to be too annoyed. I'd just prefer to add it to my steam list.

spronk

FPS noob
you can install uplay, "install" the game, which will just reveal the steam key inside the uplay client. theres probably a way to do it in the web interface as well but i dunno. The uplay client isn't bad or anything, and you can just uninstall or leave it alone after

spronk

FPS noob
i really, really like eavesdropping on random people and then killing them

not IRL

the steam ratings are bad just cuz the game at launch had some online issues and it requires an online connection for some stuff to be unlocked (which is changing in dec patch), recent reviews are all positive i think

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, most of the negative reviews are either because of the required online connection or the episodic nature of the game. Even those giving negative reviews often say it's an enjoyable game.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played Hitman yet, but I did pick it up. Seen a lot of really promising things said about the new game, away from the Steam reviews. Excited to play it eventually.

spronk

FPS noob
re: mordor, i pre ordered mordor, need for speed the run, and need for speed the rivals from uplay $7.70 total for all 3. got origin keys via email in an hour for the two NFS keys, no key for mordor. i'm assuming they ran out and will send out new keys in a day or two.

spronk

FPS noob
i got the plat on ps4 (and traded the game in), i'd buy on pc when its $10-15. its fun to fuck around and fly in space and play faux-basic-minecraft, i wouldn't mind checking out the updates in this patch but no way is it worth $40 or $60