Steam Deals and Digital Sales

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone ever wonder how many great games they haven't discovered among the noise on Steam?

This seems fun, maybe a great new game for our annual LAN in February.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ok this steam link thing is pretty nifty. I currently have my Wii U pro controller synced to it but ordered a DS4 since the mapping is weird on the Wii U pro in most games since that layout isn't natively supported.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tenks

Shovel Knight is pretty damn fun. Any other recommendations for couch controller games vis steam link? I got Fez, Shovel Knight, Mega Man collection & FF7. Wasn't sure if there were some other platformers I missed.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Shovel Knight is pretty damn fun. Any other recommendations for couch controller games vis steam link? I got Fez, Shovel Knight, Mega Man collection & FF7. Wasn't sure if there were some other platformers I missed.

Battleblock theater was pretty fun, but did the coop only. Most of the ones I have I play MP with friends.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I vastly preferred using my 360 controller with Valkyria Chronicles over M&K, not a platformer but you'd be fine on your couch.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Believe CDKeys is one of those shady sites that steals peoples CC information and buys keys, and resales. I'm all for a good deal, but yeah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

I vastly preferred using my 360 controller with Valkyria Chronicles over M&K, not a platformer but you'd be fine on your couch.

I played it for a bit when it came out on PS3 and it never really got to me. Maybe I'll give it another whirl since my friend still has it in his top5 games.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My one major gripe with the game is that I hate not getting S-Rank mission completions, but to get S-Rank you literally have to look up a guide on how to get S-Rank and then follow it precisely, and even then sometimes it relies on RNG (like Alicia's double movement ability proccing). It's not even 'do a really good job completing the mission', to get S-Ranks you basically just have to suicide dash your way through along the one specific path that won't get you killed.

Other than that I love it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gallian Crossfire rebalance mod is worth checking out if you want something that fixes the retarded "strategy" required to beat missions with A-rank. It's not perfect and I think some things were changed too much, plus it still requires very efficient play (meaning you need to already know the mission structure and especially the location of Aces before you start the mission if you want an A-rank) just not total reckless abandon and abusing the hell out of Alicia and orders. Overall I'd say it's an improvement though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
(meaning you need to already know the mission structure and especially the location of Aces before you start the mission if you want an A-rank) just not total reckless abandon and abusing the hell out of Alicia and orders. Overall I'd say it's an improvement though.

Sounds like a very small improvement to me

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Angels Fall First seems really nice, in Early Access for a long time but developers are pretty active on the Steam forums.

Looks like it'd be a fun LAN game.

Also picked up Project Highrise because it's a modern Sim Tower.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Move or Die is a pretty awesome game for 4 players vs each other. I picked it up just before Christmas & my kids like it more than any other gift they got. My kids are 5 & 7 btw.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Steam link is 20 on Amazon. Worth if it will be WiFi?

Only if you're playing games that don't require good twitch gameplay. I wouldn't play an FPS on it wireless. And it's not that it's consistently slow or anything, but I think you're likely to get stutters and that's just as aggravating, imo.

That's just my experience, though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only if you're playing games that don't require good twitch gameplay. I wouldn't play an FPS on it wireless. And it's not that it's consistently slow or anything, but I think you're likely to get stutters and that's just as aggravating, imo.

That's just my experience, though.
Im mainly looking for stuff that's easy to play with a controller. Shovel Knight, dark souls, etc.