Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just bought this

Save 91% on Classic Sierra Bundle on Steam

The new Kings Quest might be worth the price of the total bundle alone, and the Gabriel Knight games are great too. Also remember the Phantasmagoria games, but might remember them more from the gore genre of the old FMV games than they were "good".

Played most games before, but that be some good value for some great old classics. 91% off on a bundle of

King's Quest™ Collection

TimeShift™

Space Quest™ Collection

Geometry Wars™ 3: Dimensions Evolved

King's Quest - Chapter 2: Rubble Without A Cause

King's Quest - Chapter 3: Once Upon a Climb

King's Quest - Chapter 4: Snow Place Like Home

King's Quest - Chapter 5: The Good Knight
blank.gif

Police Quest™ Collection

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father®
blank.gif

The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight® Mystery
blank.gif

Gabriel Knight® 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
blank.gif

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh
blank.gif

Phantasmagoria

Quest for Glory 1-5

Caesar™ 3

Caesar™ IV

Betrayal Collection

Police Quest: SWAT

Pharaoh + Cleopatra

Return to Krondor

blank.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, wirelessly the steam link is spotty, however, I don't have the most badass wifi router that I could have. I'm assuming it's better with a top tier wifi router.

Wired it's amazing and worth it for games you want to play with a controller from your couch.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
TItanfall 2 (Origin) $29.99
Battlefield 1 (Origin) $35.99
Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection (Origin) $4.99

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
How is the port for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die? I've heard mixed reviews but might say fuck it for 11 bucks.
I'm playing it. I have never played Dark Souls before but am currently playing it on computer and Xbox. Just get the DSFix mod and then go ahead and play. It's really that simple.

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I usually don't budge for anything over $10 during the sale, but I'll break my rule for Doom.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Can I use my Xbox Elite controller with the Steam Link? Does the Microsoft wireless dongle work with it?

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Can I use my Xbox Elite controller with the Steam Link? Does the Microsoft wireless dongle work with it?

You can hack together a way to get the xbox 1 wireless working with Virtual Here on your PC. I ended up just saying fuck it and buying the controller though.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I have a Steam Controller already, I just don't like it.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm sure a lot of it simply a learning curve and teaching new muscle memory(and I just wasn't patient enough for those things to kick in), but the lack of a physical right stick just drove me nuts. I find that often rest my thumb against the right stick when it's not in use(on my Xbox/PS4 pad), but you can't do that on the Steam Controller as even the lightest touch activates the pad. I love the customization and haptic feedback, but I just couldn't get used to the track pad replacing the mouse or right stick.

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm sure a lot of it simply a learning curve and teaching new muscle memory(and I just wasn't patient enough for those things to kick in), but the lack of a physical right stick just drove me nuts. I find that often rest my thumb against the right stick when it's not in use(on my Xbox/PS4 pad), but you can't do that on the Steam Controller as even the lightest touch activates the pad. I love the customization and haptic feedback, but I just couldn't get used to the track pad replacing the mouse or right stick.

Exactly the same for me. DS4 controller just feels much better and works perfectly fine on PC.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, I notice that I slide my thumb when I'm going to select the xyab buttons and I'll accidently activate a key on the touchpad that will hose the shit out of me. Like Soy said, probably just muscle memory but ...

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Exactly the same for me. DS4 controller just feels much better and works perfectly fine on PC.

Especially since Steam added native support for it. Some games wont recognize it and you might need to use a 3rd party program. I use DS4Windows when it wont work on it's own.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Steam controller is the best PC game interface ever. You can play any game on PC with it, including things like Xcom, Civ (have great configs).

If you want to learn to use it, I can help you set it up. Just PM me. The best game to really fall in love with this thing is honest to god Saint's Row IV. The vertical nature of the super powers combined with the gamepad for everything but aim. The mouse + gyro is so fucking hilariously awesome. Flipping 180's with a game pad is unlreal feeling.

I have played almost every genre of game with my steam controller. If you put in the time to customize it at all to your desires. The thing is just flat better at what it does. It would be a serious competitive advantage if you could use the steam controller for Console FPS for example to its full powers. I am a reasonably top tier FPS players. I can achieve about 85-90% of my mouse/keyboard capacity with the controller in a competitive setting.

Its a wonderful device.

Mine sat on my side table for 2 months before I really decided I wanted to see what it could do. I can help shortcut understanding the config settings. I can also help get the haptic pads set to your hand size. This is key to enjoyment.

Any hardcore PC gamer is just flat missing out by not learning the steamcontroller. You will never go back, ever once you do.

I am Champion rank in Rocket League with it, and have at least 2000 hours with the thing across everything I've played. Keep your brain biases intact though if you want to convince yourself the DS4/XBox Elite are superior on PC. You're just missing out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Steam controller is superior in every way except the one that matters most: Being able to just pick up and play a fucking game.

But it is definitely a fantastic device if you're willing to put the time into customizing it.

Cept fuck Valve for not including a rechargable battery on it. Faggots.