Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Itching to play a Star Wars game but not looking to spend a lot. Any recommendations??

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Did they even fix the game so it doesnt take 40 hours to unlock vader or a thousand for everyone without paying?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Can't speak to the base game, but the free version is the Celebration edition which has everything except the preorder bonuses unlocked. There's literally nothing to spend credits on with this edition.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
For the first time in many years, I have a computer at home that's capable of running games released after minesweeper. I spent about 2 hours browsing Steam over the weekend and ended up playing Age of Empires 2 for a few hours. Games suck.

• 2Faggotry
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
For the first time in many years, I have a computer at home that's capable of running games released after minesweeper. I spent about 2 hours browsing Steam over the weekend and ended up playing Age of Empires 2 for a few hours. Games suck.
You're in luck. Epic has Star Wars Battlefront II available for free!

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
No U GIF by moodman

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You're in luck. Epic has Star Wars Battlefront II available for free!
I just want a good colony / city / village building game! Banished and Cities:Skylines are great, but I've played the shit out of them. I really don't want to list off all of the RTS + Settlement building games I've played, but is there anything decent that's come out in the last 4 or 5 years along those lines? I was looking at Surviving Mars and Aven Colony, didn't see anything else that looks like it's up my alley.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I just want a good colony / city / village building game! Banished and Cities:Skylines are great, but I've played the shit out of them. I really don't want to list off all of the RTS + Settlement building games I've played, but is there anything decent that's come out in the last 4 or 5 years along those lines? I was looking at Surviving Mars and Aven Colony, didn't see anything else that looks like it's up my alley.

Tried Frostpunk yet? its on gamepass was fun for a few rounds.

• 1Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I read some reviews for it yesterday. Looked like it was all campaign/story mode and didn't have a free build or skirmish mode?

It has an "endless mode" but is is more story driven then many builders.

Its more survival then city building, but the way you build helps you survive.

If i was you i would try it on the Gamepass PC trial if possible. Its not going to have the replayability like most builders but i did have a lot of fun with it.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It has an "endless mode" but is is more story driven then many builders.

Its more survival then city building, but the way you build helps you survive.

If i was you i would try it on the Gamepass PC trial if possible. Its not going to have the replayability like most builders but i did have a lot of fun with it.
Thanks Nester.
That was going to be my other question. What's the skinny on steam-like platforms nowadays? I know about the EA one, but I looked at that on Saturday and I've already tried most of the games on there.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Thanks Nester.
That was going to be my other question. What's the skinny on steam-like platforms nowadays? I know about the EA one, but I looked at that on Saturday and I've already tried most of the games on there.

Good Question.

I got a new PC in 2020 as well as i was working from home so did get back into PC gaming a bit.

Was to play games:

Steam: You know how this works.

Gamepass Ultimate: Subscription service PC and Xbox. Lots of trials and deals, i bought 3 years of xbox live and paid $16.99 to transfer them all to Gamepass credit and now i have 3 years of GP all paid up. Cost me like $210 CDN so 3 years of unlimited games for the cost of 3 games. Not bad. Now has some EA Play in it but have not tried it out yet.

Epic Store: They give free PC games every week or so, has its own launcher, never really used it other then to "get" free games

Ubisoft Plus: is Ubisofts subscription service. Its great if you want to "rent" ubisoft games when they game out, Played AC Valhalla, Immortals Fenyx and AC 3 for 2 months subscriptions service.

GOG: is a good place to buy games as its DRM free and you actually own them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks! I always heard about GOG but never tried it. Going to check that out tonight.
GOG galaxy is pretty cool because you can sync up all your platforms to it and see all your games in one place. Ps4, steam, GOG, epic, etc all in one spot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users