Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Against the Storm sucked me in for over a hundred hours but each game was pretty bite sized.

It took me to grueling failures to start getting the hang of it. I really like the EXP and perk tree too. I can see now how it sucked you in. The deeper in you go, the bigger the game gets. It's kind of overwhelming at first bc there are just too many items to keep track of, but I'm sure the basics start to stick after a few victories.

It does really annoy me that they don't show you how much of an item you have and it always looks like you have enough resources when you don't. Seems like a huge oversight.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It does really annoy me that they don't show you how much of an item you have and it always looks like you have enough resources when you don't. Seems like a huge oversight.
The current inventory in the warehouse is always displayed on top, in the various categories (where you have the red/green indicator telling you if that category grows or shrinks in quantity). You can also click on a warehouse, but I find it less useful, mostly because everything is clumped in that view.

Things are a little more complicated now, since goods can move straight from production to consumer.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It took me to grueling failures to start getting the hang of it. I really like the EXP and perk tree too. I can see now how it sucked you in. The deeper in you go, the bigger the game gets. It's kind of overwhelming at first bc there are just too many items to keep track of, but I'm sure the basics start to stick after a few victories.

Like Ukerric said, you can click on the icons on the left side of the top bar and it expands and shows you all the items in that category. I usually have it open to food

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The current inventory in the warehouse is always displayed on top, in the various categories (where you have the red/green indicator telling you if that category grows or shrinks in quantity). You can also click on a warehouse, but I find it less useful, mostly because everything is clumped in that view.

Things are a little more complicated now, since goods can move straight from production to consumer.
Like Ukerric said, you can click on the icons on the left side of the top bar and it expands and shows you all the items in that category. I usually have it open to food

Yeah, I've been using that for the special items like tools.

I'm more referring to in the buildings. If an item is selected you don't know how many of that item is available, you actually have to click into it to see how many you've got.

For example:

Capture3.jpg

I'm just being nitpicky I guess. But it took me four games before I got in the habit of checking before I let it run.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
In other news I finally won my first map.

Took me two failures, but I'm also playing on higher difficulty. Also I'm probably just bad.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
In other news I finally won my first map.

Took me two failures, but I'm also playing on higher difficulty. Also I'm probably just bad.
The game is designed for you to up the difficulty as you unlock perks in the advancement tree. If you're upping the difficulty early, you aren't necessarily bad.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The game is designed for you to up the difficulty as you unlock perks in the advancement tree. If you're upping the difficulty early, you aren't necessarily bad.

It also makes the map last a lot longer and I'd kinda like them to move quicker, so I may drop it back down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
What game is it? Looks interesting :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The tutorial also starts you on the lowest difficulty which is so absurdly easy that it will seriously hinder your ability to learn the mechanics of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I have these keys still if anyone wants them:

Boneraiser Minions
Nomad Survival
Bounty of One

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm