Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition. Looks like it has decent metacritic reviews.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So, is Dark Souls worth it without a console controller?
Most likely not. I just use my PS3 pad to play games but yeah I guess if you don't have a controller at all then some games aren't going to be worth buying.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Fuck honestly some of these games are a steal. Like I literally feel like I owe the companies more then this. Dues Ex 12 bucks Bl2 10 bucks saints row 3 4.99.. fuck me.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Hopefully Mirror's Edge gets picked next. Have wanted to try it, but didn't feel like paying full for it. Because money.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I never finished fallout 3 or New vegas. You guys recomend picking them up? Or have they aged poorly? Which one should I pick up? Also is Borderlands 2 better on PC then Xbox? I own it on Xbox never finished it... Would you suggest buying it on PC?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Fallout 3 is a great game. Definitely worthwhile. No idea about New Vegas, never did buy it.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Just bought Fallout 3 GOTY edition going to MOD it to top notch graphics and got Dishonoured. If anyone could give me some advice on PC borderlands I'd love to hear. I never finished xbox version got up to the bit where they try float the city or whatever...

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Loaded $100 on to my steam account so my wife doesn't yell at me for 12 transactions in the next 4 days.
Picked up Dark Souls, installed, plugged in 360 controller to my PC, and have already started yelling at my monitor (very first "boss"). This isn't gonna end well..

rrr_img_35423.jpg
Is it still worth playing if you don't have a controller? In other words, are keyboard and mouse controls shit?

Edit: Bah, was on the previous page, and Rime already asked and got an answer...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fallout 3 is a great game. Definitely worthwhile. No idea about New Vegas, never did buy it.
Get the game of the year edition. It'll be cheap, and you'll get 200 hours of play out of it. Its as good or better than Fallout 3 depending upon whether you're a long time fallout fan or not.

spronk

FPS noob
amazon is price matching all the steam sales it seems and then you get an additional 10% off with the code "gooncave"

fallout new vegas GOTY is definitely worth getting, had so much fun with that game and plan on replaying it someday. Borderlands 2 imo is only worth playing if you have at least one friend you can co-op with, playing by yourself its a pretty bland game. The first two DLCs are total crap, tiny tinas dungeon and captain booty are fun.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bought all the BL2 DLC since it was so god damn cheap...someone talk me out of buying Duke Nukem 3D right now for $3.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New Vegas is vastly superior to Fallout 3 in every way possible. It's an actual successor to the old games, not just Oblivion-with-guns. Definitely get the GOTY version, as the DLCs are all excellent as well.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New Vegas is vastly superior to Fallout 3 in every way possible. It's an actual successor to the old games, not just Oblivion-with-guns. Definitely get the GOTY version, as the DLCs are all excellent as well.
God it's so nice seeing multiple people actually say this - wife and I felt the same (longterm FO fan here, new in the case of the wife) - seen so many forums littered with folk that pan New Vegas while holding FO3 on a pedestal, which I don't think FO3 was remotely bad - but the quality levels are so disparate.

Also note: Civ 5 is on Flash sale currently - THIS DOES INCLUDE THE BRAVE NEW WORLD EXPANSION for 33% off ($20.09) - I doubt we'll see it on sale except maybe at the end for this price again. And certainly not lower with how new it is.

Caliane

God it's so nice seeing multiple people actually say this - wife and I felt the same (longterm FO fan here, new in the case of the wife) - seen so many forums littered with folk that pan New Vegas while holding FO3 on a pedestal, which I don't think FO3 was remotely bad - but the quality levels are so disparate.

Also note: Civ 5 is on Flash sale currently - THIS DOES INCLUDE THE BRAVE NEW WORLD EXPANSION for 33% off ($20.09) - I doubt we'll see it on sale except maybe at the end for this price again. And certainly not lower with how new it is.
really? general consensus I heard was New Vegas fixed alot of FO3's problems.