Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Think BL2 will drop below $10?
Greenmangaming had it for sale for 75% off a week or so ago, so I'm betting steam will at least match that sometime during the sale week. Only 66% off right now during the current flash sale, I'd wait it out.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm doubting the DLC will go much lower though, so I'm grabbing it all now at 66% off. I'm sure it will be available again, but I've actually started playing it again with a friend so I'd rather have it available this weekend than waiting to save a buck or two.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Is Skyrim worth it at $20 if I wasn't such a fan of Oblivion?
As someone who enjoyed both games, I'll say I do think Skyrim is the better of the two. That being said though, at it's core, it's still quite similar. Do you use mods much? I'll say that I feel Oblivion was a game that required mods to make it enjoyable, while Skyrim is playable right out of the box. So if you not liking Oblivion was based off the vanilla game, then yes there's it's likely you will like Skyrim more.

spronk

FPS noob
Is Skyrim worth it at $20 if I wasn't such a fan of Oblivion?
I'd get the legendary version with all the DLCs, some of them add a lot of good stuff to the game. The game is 100x better with a few mods. I recently finished it (~4 months and 100+ hours), the main questline is decent (but short), I got bogged down in the 1 million sidequests and at some point just said fuck it and stopped doing them. The game was ok but nothing really memorable for me, unlike Sleeping Dogs or the Batman games or Saints Row or Dishonorable or most of the Assassin Creeds or Fallout etc etc. I also just finished Borderlands 2 and thought it was pretty much the same thing, an ok game but nothing great.

I did recently play To the Moon and Dear Esther, both of these were absolutely stunning indie games with amazing stories. TTM is on sale right now and well worth it.

Troll_sl

shitlord
So I took a chance and bought Antichamber. Cool Portal-like game. It kinda fucks with you.

Only $6.79. Worth the price.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's see if it works

QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS
1 Deep Silver - Metro: Last Light (Digital Download)
SKU: 9592148

Will be delivered to: Order in process of being fulfilled.

Awww what a bullshit e-mail.

We're sorry, but the order you placed on July 11, 2013 has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information. Be assured that if you paid by credit card, it has not been charged, and any other method of payment has been credited. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call the number below and we'll send you a replacement.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Loaded $100 on to my steam account so my wife doesn't yell at me for 12 transactions in the next 4 days.
Picked up Dark Souls, installed, plugged in 360 controller to my PC, and have already started yelling at my monitor (very first "boss"). This isn't gonna end well..

rrr_img_35423.jpg

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
Loaded $100 on to my steam account so my wife doesn't yell at me for 12 transactions in the next 4 days.
Picked up Dark Souls, installed, plugged in 360 controller to my PC, and have already started yelling at my monitor (very first "boss"). This isn't gonna end well..

rrr_img_35423.jpg
No joke on the dark souls, i got to the minotaur boss and im being reminded how much games have gotten easier over the years and im questioning handing in my gamer card.

Vask

Molten Core Raider
I did recently play To the Moon and Dear Esther, both of these were absolutely stunning indie games with amazing stories.TTM is on sale right now and well worth it.
I second that recommendation. TTM has one of the best stories I've ever seen on a game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
After however many years, I finally picked up Bastion. For $2 and some change, that's hard to pass up. Also got BL2 with season pass. I should've just bought it off Amazon the other week, but whatever. Think in both cases it ended up being $20.