Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Tomb Raider collection worth it? I know the new one is good but wondering how the others hold up and control under windows (x360 controller support, etc)

Stave

Potato del Grande
Tomb Raider collection worth it? I know the new one is good but wondering how the others hold up and control under windows (x360 controller support, etc)
I bought Anniversary, Legacy, and Underworld for like $3 total. I already had the new 2013 one. Those other 3 are pretty good and not hampered by the lame control scheme of the older tomb raider games. Not sure if it's worth buying the whole collection or not, depending on how much you'd pay more for those 4 games, vs the collection.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's been quite a while but I'm pretty sure I played and beat Anniversary and Legacy and enjoyed them. Underworld kept crashing or something so I never got past the first minute or two. It was the last "classic" Tomb Raider they made before the reboot and the platformer game.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The badge thing is a good move by Steam. They get to offer even more incentive to buy stuff versus, Amazon, or something similar. The trading cards are only gotten off Steam purchased games afaik.
I bought Defenders Quest from the devs website as he was price matching the gog sale 7-10 days ago and when I plugged the Steam key in I got a trading card in the first 30 mins.

I'd recommend checking any indie game you like the look of's website to see if the dev is price matching. They get 100% instead of 70% (which is still good compared to ye olde days obviously) and can often end up with keys to multiple services, I got Steam, Gog and Desura keys for DQ.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ill get crucified for asking but is it nostalgia speaking or the game is actually playable with its way way outdated/ blocky graphics.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ill get crucified for asking but is it nostalgia speaking or the game is actually playable with its way way outdated/ blocky graphics.
It killed my happy memories but if you never played it I recommend it, holds up pretty well more so than half life 1 for example.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mod the hell out of the models and textures with SS2 Rebirth, SHTUP, and a bunch of others and the game is fine. I mean, it's still obviously a very old game, but it's not going to make your eyes bleed like the unmodded game will.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238210...9163720855811/is a good place to start. Systemshock.org is getting hammered right now, probably due to the Steam sale.

Edit: Oh, and make sure you install the game to a SteamLibrary that is NOT within Program Files. Otherwise some of the mod tools don't work, I guess because of UAC.

Kaita

Golden Squire
Anyone ever use the You Need A Budget 4 Software? i see its on sale for $15. I have currently been using excel for budgeting and it works fine, but i think my wife would better utilize something that can link to her phone.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're on Android - Check and Mint are my go-tos. (Mint just for the handy widget - Check otherwise)

Azziane_sl

shitlord
What shape is Impire in? Last FOH thread at release it was a joke of a buggy piece of crap iirc. Still not worth it for a dungeon keeper fix?

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing too great today that I want to get except the community deal of Deadlight? Any feedback on that game? Apparently the story is really well done yet it's very short (only 4-5 hours long?) Also, Remember me looks kind of interesting...but I don't think it's $30 interesting...

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is on a flash sale for only 9 bucks, highly recommend it. It's an awesome jet game.

Kaita

Golden Squire
Anyone ever use the You Need A Budget 4 Software? i see its on sale for $15. I have currently been using excel for budgeting and it works fine, but i think my wife would better utilize something that can link to her phone.
I have tried to use mint but my bank and student loan companies do not support it. Otherwise it would be really helpful.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Nothing too great today that I want to get except the community deal of Deadlight? Any feedback on that game? Apparently the story is really well done yet it's very short (only 4-5 hours long?) Also, Remember me looks kind of interesting...but I don't think it's $30 interesting...
I enjoyed Deadlight quite a bit, it's like a Survivor Horror Sidescroller/Platformer. There's a tiny bit of Metroidvania to it, but only averytiny bit sadly. Definitely worth picking up though.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is/has Kerbal Space Program gone higher than a 40% discount? I don't recall from the other sales.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Made my first purchase, picked up BL2. So far got about 4 of those summer cards. For today, I really should just pick up Portal 2 already. Not much else I'm seeing. How many hours of gameplay is in that Ace Combat?

spronk

FPS noob
I think the highest before has been 33%. Totally worth buying Kerbal, can do fun shit like this
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...-in-13-seconds

my daughter has never been a science person but we have been playing kerbal together and I bribe her into nerding things up, $10 if she makes it into orbit $20 if she makes it to the mun $50 if she makes it to another planet and back, been a lot of fun. she is getting better at the game than me, I still routinely blow shit up on the launchpad and she's working on getting her astronauts back from another planet

Caliane

It is awfully old. I don't think SS2 has aged all that well unfortunately.
Who is that money even going to at this point?

Stave

Potato del Grande
Damn. Steam is going to rape my wallet today. Gonna buy a copy of Fallout 3 and Vegas GotY editions, looking at getting 2 copies of Sanctum 2 for me and the wife, and really interested in Shogun 2, Kerbal, Doom 3 BFG, and Ace Combat. Plus I am debating on picking up 2 copies of Borderlands 2 for me and the wife. FMWallet