Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Sean_sl

shitlord
Damn. Steam is going to rape my wallet today. Gonna buy a copy of Fallout 3 and Vegas GotY editions, looking at getting 2 copies of Sanctum 2 for me and the wife, and really interested in Shogun 2, Kerbal, Doom 3 BFG, and Ace Combat. Plus I am debating on picking up 2 copies of Borderlands 2 for me and the wife. FMWallet
Grab Deadlight too if you don't have it yet!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I spent about a hundred bucks so far. For games I am never even home to play. I really need to get a gaming laptop for the road.

On another note I got Call of Juarez Gunslingers a few months ago and finally played it a few weeks ago. It was awesome really hope they make a sequel.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw, Deponia and Chaos on Deponia are both on sale for 5 bucks each. I haven't gotten the second one yet (Chaos), but the first one was great. It's very Monkey Island-ish and if you like Monkey Island I highly recommend it.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Grab Deadlight too if you don't have it yet!
Already have it and beat it, it was a pretty decent indie platformer. And Chanur, CoJ Gunslingers was awesome. Definitely the best CoJ game in the series and totally outta nowhere and cheap too. Love me some good western FPS.

So heres a question. Which version of Shogun 2 should I get. Vanilla, or Fall of the Samurai? I don't feel like buying both right now. Also has anyone here played Sanctum 2? Is it as good as Orcs Must Die 2 for coop play?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw, every single person here needs to buy Blood Dragon if you do not have it yet. It's currently $11.24 on Steam and worth far, far more than that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blood Dragon was $6.74 a couple days ago. I'm sure the Far Cry series will go on sale again.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one intrigued by this Eador: Master of the Broken World game? Most of the Steam forum posters seem to say it is pretty awesome, and the videos make it look like something I want to play, and apparently it sucks the hours out of you just like Civ, HoMM, etc. type games.

Anyone actually bought it and played it yet?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nope, I have been looking at it too. I'm a big fan of hex-grid TBS like Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic and Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy. Most of the Eador complaints seem to revolve around the game being released in a broken state, but they've since patched it up to get rid of the crashing bugs, and that it's really fucking hard even on the easiest difficulty.

There's a thread about it and the original Eador: Genesis gamehere.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Awww yeah Track Mania is on sale, weird t they went from releasing sequels that had a bunch of different car/track types to focusing on one at a time. I may have to wait for the final pack that has them all.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have spent more money on bullshit cards for some stupid reason than I have spent on this sale.

I put $10 on my Steam account and bought up a bunch of cards and made badges with them ....

So far I have bought nothing from the sale. I think Rogue Legacy is the only thing I hope gets a large discount. Even just a tiny bit more would convince me.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Defiance has turned out to be quite the guilty pleasure. Its like fast food or something. I know its not good, but I can't stop playing it.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Man, nothing's caught my eye much, this sale. I've bought... Dark Souls and Arkham City. Haven't played either, yet.

Oh, and Antichamber, but its a puzzle game and I only play those rarely, anyways.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So what's the draw of Dark Souls? I hear everyone say its some amazing game. I installed it like 6 months ago, and started out in some dungeon with a couple skeletons, and the controls were horrible and it felt so clunky like it was some horrible console port 10 year old game. I had no idea what to do and just quit and uninstalled. I'm assuming it gets a lot better than this, or it's meant to be played with a controller or something?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So what's the draw of Dark Souls? I hear everyone say its some amazing game. I installed it like 6 months ago, and started out in some dungeon with a couple skeletons, and the controls were horrible and it felt so clunky like it was some horrible console port 10 year old game. I had no idea what to do and just quit and uninstalled. I'm assuming it gets a lot better than this, or it's meant to be played with a controller or something?
It is totally meant to be played with a controller. They plaster it all over the order page on Steam even.

Stave

Potato del Grande
It is totally meant to be played with a controller. They plaster it all over the order page on Steam even.
Guess I should have read the steam page lol. I didn't actually buy it but am considering buying it now seeing as I have a controller now days.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
If you do grab it, use DSfix. Its a mod to fix some aspects of the port, like allowing you to run at 60 fps, AA options, etc.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
As Suin said, it's just about impossible to play with a mouse and keyboard--so, so bad. Hook up a controller and it's an insight into great game design, because the encounters are hard, without being cheesy. It really mixes up "thinking"/strategy and action in a masterful way.

Edit: I picked up RPG designer, my son wants to try to make one (Wants to get into game design)...I'm having fun tinkering around with it, but man, it can be a little steep to learn how to do everything. (Lots of reading.)

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
As Suin said, it's just about impossible to play with a mouse and keyboard--so, so bad. Hook up a controller and it's an insight into great game design, because the encounters are hard, without being cheesy. It really mixes up "thinking"/strategy and action in a masterful way.

Edit: I picked up RPG designer, my son wants to try to make one (Wants to get into game design)...I'm having fun tinkering around with it, but man, it can be a little steep to learn how to do everything. (Lots of reading.)
You'll have to let me know how the RPG maker turns out. I was tempted to pick it up (still am) because it seems like it would be a damn blast to actually create an RPG. Problem is yeah it seemed like there is so much time you need to put into it to learn everything about it. Although, I'm sure once you do read everything and figure out most of the basics it would be a shit load of fun.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Still pissed Dishonored didn't win that first vote AND that it hasn't popped up to vote on again, hope it pops up for 40% off.