Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was the earlier bundles that tended to have a single key (with an additional one for beating the average). As time has gone on, they've had bundled keys less and less. HIB7 had 10 keys and HIB8 had 12, for instance. Though, I'm sure it's a lot easier for bundled keys to be created when the bundle is all from one publisher rather than several indie developers.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
New humble bundle is excellent. 3 x Kings Bounty games and 3 x Men of War

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

rrr_img_38630.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pripyat feels like a better game but with a weaker story than the first one. It is more focused on the urban warfare for the last half of the game so if that's what you were liking about the first this one goes really heavily into it. The recreation of Pripyat is very creepy and almost identical, very weird going into buildings that you've seen on film from the initial footage of the disaster and subsequent video tours of the area. It definitely feels like a smaller game but does not have the initial "you with a crappy pistol v. 8 bandits in a farm complex" starting roadblock that the first one had. Every time I replay STALKER I, for some reason, always turn down that guy's help on the first mission without even noticing and then get stuck with the autosave that happens immediately after and have to clear that area solo. I remember always going back and checking the difficulty setting in game and almost uninstalling a few times out of frustration because normal made for one of the most difficult games that I have ever played.

I heard that the third one is really bad and not really in tune with the other two at all so just skipped it. Pripyat is fun but it really makes you want to run through the first one again.
Call of Pripyat is the third one. ClearSky is the second.

The original is pretty broken/buggy without the complete mod so if you play it get it for sure. Not a bad game once you get out of the initial starting area and really does the horror aspect well in the later missions/dungeons.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Crossworlds and Armored Princess are basically the same game.
Is Crossworlds an actual expansion, a stand-alone expansion, or just a separate game that uses the same resources? Do I need to install Armored is basically what I'm asking
tongue.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Armored Princess is the "base" game for that iteration of King's Bounty but if you've shelled out for the extras install Crossworlds as it is the expansion for it. It adds content to the main campaign (and also updates some of the gameplay mechanics that weren't quite there in AP) plus adds on a couple more scenarios.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
A pretty big mod for Stalker: Pripyat called Misery launched a day or two ago. Never played Stalker myself, but my brother is pretty hardcore into it and he was really excited for it.

http://www.miserymod.com/

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
I bought the newest HB pack with the King's Bounty games but i've never played any of them. Should I start with Legend or Armored Princess or just go straight to Crossworlds?

Rime

<Donor>
Legend is not bad, but if you are going to play Armored Princess, go right for Crossworlds. It does not add enough to warrant an individual playing, as it just adds more units and a few other scenarios.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else pickup Shadowrun returns? Pretty fun game overall, XComm meets a bit of Fantasy, but holy balls no manual save? Went to log off and "The most recent autosave was half hour ago, you'll lose all your shit since then" popped up.

Edit: to the above post, go for Crossworlds, I don't recall it adding anything in the beginning but it adds shit on towards the mid/end to do unless you want to replay it all as a diff hero.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Anyone else pickup Shadowrun returns? Pretty fun game overall, XComm meets a bit of Fantasy, but holy balls no manual save? Went to log off and "The most recent autosave was half hour ago, you'll lose all your shit since then" popped up..
There is an entire thread about ithere.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is Crossworlds an actual expansion, a stand-alone expansion, or just a separate game that uses the same resources? Do I need to install Armored is basically what I'm asking
tongue.png
To clarify since no one really answered the question completely--you do not need to install AP if you own Crossworlds. If you want to play AP with the new Crossworlds features, choose the Orcs on the March campaign.

Fadaar

That guy
Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas full editions for sale $5 on Steam. Totally worth it if you don't have both.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
To clarify since no one really answered the question completely--you do not need to install AP if you own Crossworlds. If you want to play AP with the new Crossworlds features, choose the Orcs on the March campaign.
Ok, thanks! That's pretty much what I deciphered from everyone else too I think.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Skyrim + DLC and Elder Scrolls titles are 50% off at the moment, if anyone doesn't have em yet and missed the summer sale (like me! for the DLC, at least).