Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I know Stranger of Sword City came out on Steam today but wasn't there something else that was getting a PC release finally? Feel like I forgot to add something to my Steam wishlist.

And it isn't Sakura Dungeon!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SoSC coming out at the same $40 price point as the Vita version is disappointing. It's on sale for $30 at Indiegala, but I've never bought anything from them and will probably just wait for it to drop to $20 or less. Not like there's a shortage of stuff to play this month anyway. (Edit: Steam updated the price to $30 as well... dammit.)

I still can't figure out how a game gets released for PC/Xbone/Vita, but not PS4. That's just fucking weird.

Not sure what other game you might be thinking of. As far as new console ports go, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (which is not the newest one that's out on PS4) and Onechanbara Z2 just came out. Steamworld Heist is another surprise release, due out tomorrow. I heard really good things about the 3DS version but have been waiting for it to come out on PC instead.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it is $30 now. Was going to grab it based on your rec in another thread but felt like there was something else I was missing. Hearts of Iron isn't it b/c that genre hasn't ever interested me. Maybe I'm just confused.

Vorph

Another issue I have with SoSC is that there's a "New Interpretation" (read: enhanced re-release) of the Vita game due out in July. That's just for Japan, no idea when western versions will get the update. It doesn't sound like the kind of game I'd find the time to play through twice so it seems best to wait until the Steam version gets that update as well. Hopefully it's not a situation where NISA is only going to release it based on how many copies the base game sells, because it might never come out here if that's the case.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I have bought anything since the new Sale Format kicked in. Will this be the same thing?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Yeah, fuck them giving a deep discount for the whole time instead of only offering me a discount for a couple hours here or there
smile.png

Rime

<Donor>
I don't think I have bought anything since the new Sale Format kicked in. Will this be the same thing?
Most likely. They removed the flash deals because of consumer complaints over missing them. They removed the awesome events where you could earn free stuff because people made so many puppet accounts to get the free items to later hoard/trade.

Vorph

Yeah, fuck them giving a deep discount for the whole time instead of only offering me a discount for a couple hours here or there
smile.png
They don't though. The vast majority of games are priced at the normal discount they would have been in old sales, and the deep discount you'd see during the flash/daily deals just doesn't happen at all. Publishers are willing to put a game up with an extra discount for 8-24 hours, not the entire 168 or whatever it is.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are still tons of historic lows every Steam sale. People just have a lot of games now or are lost in the sea of games available and don't get excited about one particular title. I've got almost 200 on my wishlist and would be happy to pick some up and their cheapest this sale.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
smile.png
If that were true for the games on my Wish List then I would have purchased something, but who needs facts...amirite?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If that were true for the games on my Wish List then I would have purchased something, but who needs facts...amirite?
The people who make the games on your wishlist also set the sales sooooo don't think flash sales would have helped you

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The last sales that had the weeklong discounts I always cross reference with isthereanydeal.com to find out if they are historic lows. I found a few that I held out on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some stuff was at historical low(either same as previous sales, or new lows), some wasn't. It's just a sale, not "the sale where everything is cheaper than ever before", if it's not cheap enough then buy from other stuff, there's still good stuff to buy during the steam sales. A lot of the flash sales and daily deals back before were also not lower than previous sales, some were, some weren't, it wasn't guaranteed that every sale you'd get everything you were looking for for less than it ever was before, and as more reliable large websites sell games and do sales, it's just natural it isn't going to happen as often on the steam sales specifically.

Vorph

GOG's summer sale is going on now. Some pretty good deals, and a few free games if you do their daily activities and/or buy other games, and System Shock 2 for free if you log in through the Galaxy client.

Funny how their sale works like the old Steam ones did before Valve decided to make it retard-proof.