Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I7 6700k, gtx 970, 16gb ram, games will be on the ssd and I'll be snagging a 1070

I have all of those except city skylines and civ 5

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Get a Vive and we can do virtual Dutch rudders with each other.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'd sign up for Humble Bundle monthly. They've had really good lineups and for $12 a month it's a great deal, especially since you're unlikely to get any already owned games. Last three bundles had as their feature game South Park, Mad Max, and Rocket League.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I concur, Grim Dawn is so much more entertaining than D3 ever was, if you like those games at all you should give it a shot.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Depending on the amount of time you can put in D3 may be your best bet. Path of Exile takes a fairly significant time investment. No clue about Grim Dawn the reviews were not good enough to pull me away from PoE.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Depending on the amount of time you can put in D3 may be your best bet. Path of Exile takes a fairly significant time investment. No clue about Grim Dawn the reviews were not good enough to pull me away from PoE.
I've played all three. Path of Exile had WAY too much RNG fail, and trading was horrendous when I played. Playing for a year and a half never to see many items drop was too much for me. Keeping up with the latest FOTM builds was kind of a pita too but overall the skill system was pretty cool. It sounds like they have addressed some of the trading and skills not dropping issues I had with it back then.

D3 is pretty good but I burn out on it really fast, still go back to it every once in a while to try out all the stuff I miss as the patches go by. I really like their set pieces, how much they change up the class youre playing.

Grim dawn is the best for solo play. Self find is viable, lot's of build options with the skill trees/dual class system and item's having skills attached to them. It feels like a good balance between D3 and POE to me, and it's the one I go back to the most. It's missing the randomization of POE, and the crazy set pieces of D3 to make it an amazing game though. It feels like a modern graphics D2 Titan quest is probably the best way to describe it.

Tenks

I've played all three. Path of Exile had WAY too much RNG fail, and trading was horrendous when I played. Playing for a year and a half never to see many items drop was too much for me. Keeping up with the latest FOTM builds was kind of a pita too but overall the skill system was pretty cool. It sounds like they have addressed some of the trading and skills not dropping issues I had with it back then.

D3 is pretty good but I burn out on it really fast, still go back to it every once in a while to try out all the stuff I miss as the patches go by. I really like their set pieces, how much they change up the class youre playing.

Grim dawn is the best for solo play. Self find is viable, lot's of build options with the skill trees/dual class system and item's having skills attached to them. It feels like a good balance between D3 and POE to me, and it's the one I go back to the most. It's missing the randomization of POE, and the crazy set pieces of D3 to make it an amazing game though. It feels like a modern graphics D2 Titan quest is probably the best way to describe it.
Trading is much more straight forward in PoE since they added public tabs and the ability to list things natively in the client. You don't have to use a 3rd party anymore to update your forum shop's thread to get scraped by poetrade. Its much cleaner now and since poe.trade is so easy to use it feels almost like an auction house in the game. You still have to message a player and physically trade the item which the next step would be to eliminate that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried POE a few times and it never grabbed me. It definitely felt like D2.5 to me, but something about how the skill system was setup and the bland looking characters just let much to be desired. Grim Dawn looks ok, but it reminds me of POE just from the youtube videos I saw.

Tenks

POE certainly isn't for everyone. Like I said you need a certain amount of time to invest into the game. When a new season starts you pretty much have to play a "starter" build to acquire currency to actually roll your desired build. So at minimum you're looking at a 10 hour investment in just leveling. Since I'm not a speed leveler it is more like 15 hours for the two toons to get to map level. Then you have to figure out all your resistences, which slots are available for uniques, how much you're willing to spend to get +5% more resistance here or +10 life there. Its honestly quite tedious. But shits addictive. Its best to just follow a well published build blindly.

The modifications to the passive tree gives many more "impactful" nodes. When PoE first released the passive tree was pretty bland. Anymore you are always close to getting something cool. IMO the biggest downside of PoE's gameplay is the "one finger death punch" style. Where you are pretty much just running around spamming the exact same skill all the time. At least in D3 it forces you to rotate your skills a bit more -- again I don't know about Grim Dawn.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I tried POE a few times and it never grabbed me. It definitely felt like D2.5 to me, but something about how the skill system was setup and the bland looking characters just let much to be desired. Grim Dawn looks ok, but it reminds me of POE just from the youtube videos I saw.
I really wanted multiclass options. Even 2nd edition had the abillity to multiclass/dual class. I LOVE doing that in games..even when single class characters are more powerful. I like finding synergies.

Icewind Dale 2 was sooo close to being a perfect game, but they did not have a full feat list so warriors dropped off quickly, since no builds were feat intensive. NWN was a step back due to it being what amounts to a single player game. NWN2 was close but the campaigns sucking shit and the camera controls being awful, and it runs like shit since it was built thinking processor core speeds were going to get faster instead of splitting off into multi core processors.
Temple of Elemental Evil was WAY to buggy, but that game had everything, can't get it running on windows 10 now.
Storm Coast Legends was a streamlined turd..that somehow runs terribly.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not played Grim Dawn, but I hated D3. I tried PoE and I do like it, the skill tree is neat and you can pretty much go any direction you want. I wasn't a hug fan of the graphics and never got in to it at a high level, but it was a fun game for sure.

Why does no one here like Torchlight 2? Honest question. I only play these action-RPG type games between other games or stretches of boredom so I am not an expert, but I always found the torchlight 2 game more fun, and subjectively better looking. Plus Torchlight 2 had the player maps and stuff at higher levels, no?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not played Grim Dawn, but I hated D3. I tried PoE and I do like it, the skill tree is neat and you can pretty much go any direction you want. I wasn't a hug fan of the graphics and never got in to it at a high level, but it was a fun game for sure.

Why does no one here like Torchlight 2? Honest question. I only play these action-RPG type games between other games or stretches of boredom so I am not an expert, but I always found the torchlight 2 game more fun, and subjectively better looking. Plus Torchlight 2 had the player maps and stuff at higher levels, no?
I like the Torchlight series, own em both. It just doesn't feel as 'deep' as something like D3 (I've never played Grim Dawn). Another good ARPG is Van Helsing.

Tenks

Torchlight is shallow and lacks a vibrant online community. I think you can also hack your toon six ways to Sunday since everything is stored locally on your machine.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Grim Dawn really isn't like POE at all other than its an ARPG with random loot. If you're a fan of Titan quest or Diablo 2 you'll enjoy it, those are the two ARPGs it's most similar to. It kills Van Helsing.

Torchlight 2 was just missing something. It wasn't very deep or challenging maybe? It looked nice and ran well but never seemed to grab me like most ARPGs do.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
TL2 combat was fun though, fast paced and reactive. I kinda liked it, especially the mods for endless dungeon for endgame with added spawnrates and shit, this was fun.

Going through Grim Dawn atm, great game. The art direction and stuff is solid, act1 kinda looks like poop but as they added more acts over the developement, you can see they made a bunch of improvements. Games plays fairly well and has decent character progression. Skills is similar to TQ in that, you don't actually progress much in that regard, but with skills from items and Devotion, that's where it gets pretty fun. Definitely better than Van Helsing, which is alright if you're bored but otherwise is probably the worse of the bunch.

PoE is great if you have time to sink as explained, not so great otherwise it's not too casual friendly due to the extreme rarity of items and the amount of farm needed to really get to endgame builds, but you can enjoy yourself making basic builds that get like halfway through the endgame maps easily. I know I don't play much poe anymore, but I do some of the league challenges and shit. I have a lot of fun playing the game still, and they're very good at adding new content constantly. New mobs, new map tiles, new mechanics, new skills and so on.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Bundlestars Slitherine strategy pack looks good.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundl...itherineBundle

rrr_img_133723.jpg