Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For me, probably Bastion and Binding of Isaac.
Bastion isn't a rogue-like though? Not even when you stretch the term to its limits. It's just a story driven action RPG, similar to Zelda and such, no perma death/procedural generation/randomness.

Great game don't get me wrong, but like don't know how it makes a top3 in the genre when it's not the same genre.

Also in terms of action roguelikes(or roguelites) along with Dead Cells and Hades I'd easily put Risk of Rain in the top. The 1st or the 2nd game depending on your tastes, they're both really great in different ways(which is impressive considering one's a sidescroller 2D game and the other is a 3rd person fully 3D game). Personally I'd likely put both over Hades, but I surprisingly wasn't a big fan of Hades(after loving both Bastion and Transistor, although I dodged Pyre since it wasn't my thing at all). Good game just didn't go crazy over it and quit playing pretty soon after clearing it once not going for all the side stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
To add to the list, two great coop roguelikes are Gunfire Reborn (on sale atm) and Heroes of Hammerwatch. Worth checking out, esp if you have a buddy to tag along.

Gunfire Reborn is an FPS roguelite but with a very similar playstyle loop to Hades. Like Binding of Isaac you can occationally pop off and go supernova for last 3rd of the game which can be fun.

HoH is more like a roguelike version of Gauntlet. It's a slow burn initially in terms of character power but imo more of a payoff in terms of progression. The addition of secrets and tons of puzzles sets this one apart slightly also.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Bastion isn't a rogue-like though? Not even when you stretch the term to its limits. It's just a story driven action RPG, similar to Zelda and such, no perma death/procedural generation/randomness.

Great game don't get me wrong, but like don't know how it makes a top3 in the genre when it's not the same genre.

Also in terms of action roguelikes(or roguelites) along with Dead Cells and Hades I'd easily put Risk of Rain in the top. The 1st or the 2nd game depending on your tastes, they're both really great in different ways(which is impressive considering one's a sidescroller 2D game and the other is a 3rd person fully 3D game). Personally I'd likely put both over Hades, but I surprisingly wasn't a big fan of Hades(after loving both Bastion and Transistor, although I dodged Pyre since it wasn't my thing at all). Good game just didn't go crazy over it and quit playing pretty soon after clearing it once not going for all the side stuff.

I might be misremembering Bastion. I thought new game+ was a procedural generated thing...

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Pretty good set of games from Humble Choice this month.
1701804538063.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Steam winter sale is live. Anybody see anything good? I was hoping for a bigger discount than 15% for Phantom Liberty...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think you should be grateful for any discount on a well-regarded, top selling DLC that was released only a few months ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Steam winter sale is live. Anybody see anything good? I was hoping for a bigger discount than 15% for Phantom Liberty...

Looks pretty underwhelming to me so far. Full price on Tunic, Stein's Gate, We Love Katamari Reroll, and Baba is You, and I've been wanting to try those for a while.

Tales of Arise is at $20.

Toddfield is 30% off.

Talos Principle 2 is at $24 (20% off), but the game was already worth it at full price.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
50% for Hogwarts Legacy. Worth?
I think so. I platinumed it on PS5. It's fun but falls into the same traps most open world games fall into as far as collectibles and repeating PoI's.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God damn it Steam Sales. I shall now buy The Darkest Dungeon Bundle. Backlog growing...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I can't post what I bought because it will affirm that I have a problem.

• 9Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users