Steam winter auction 2014

spronk

FPS noob
auctions are live
Steam Community :: Holiday Auction

i don't honestly understand any of this shit and am too lazy to figure out how to get a gem, plus the only game i'd bid on(divinity original sin) is at 50k gems and i somehow doubt i'd be able to get that many. plus i can buy Divinity for $15 from the neogaf trade forums

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess this explains why a bunch of really old shit I had listed finally sold. I've stopped caring about Steam sales though. The one 2 or 3 years ago for winter was the last good one.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think most people realized they can't afford even the lowest priced games without scrounging the marketplace for pennies and said "fuck it"

spronk

FPS noob
its a good time to make some extra steambux. i used the chrome extension steam inventory helper and dumped all my cards, over 600 of them, for $60 - each sold for an average of 10 cents but it adds up. thats like a hundred steam games!

Steam inventory helper - Chrome Web Store

i use idle_master to idle games and generate cards, just never did shit with them since i didn't really understand badges. dunno if this is the "top" of the market or not but free money. to bulk sell, go to steampowered.com in chrome, login and stuff, go to inventory, and click multi sell, click on all your badges, and sell. you'll have to checkmark the dialog that comes up (auto accept, auto adjust, I agree) and then the extension goes off on its own and lists the items one by one.

if you try to sell more than 200 at a time you have to got to a special steam page and give them your SSN for tax purposes, lol

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is all way too damn confusing and frankly I'll just wait until Amazon Tony comes out and the Amazon Digital Sale.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He works for Amazon Game Studios now making games for the Fire devices I guess. The sales will still happen though, it will just be harder to find a simple breakdown of every game and which days it will be on sale over the xmas holiday.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
He works for Amazon Game Studios now making games for the Fire devices I guess. The sales will still happen though, it will just be harder to find a simple breakdown of every game and which days it will be on sale over the xmas holiday.
Yeah, I agree it's harder to find the games on Amazon. Anything is better than this confusing garbage though.

What the hell are they thinking? Don't ruin a good thing. Maybe they will have a sale around Christmas time?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The real Steam sale starts on Thursday.
Oh, well shit, in that case
smile.png

I thought this was replacing it or something. Good news.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Good to hear there's an actual sale coming, like a previous poster there hasn't been much special about Steam sales for a while I think, and this auction stuff has me even less interested.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
This auction is pretty good for me, turned all my shitty emoticon and backgrounds into about 6k gems and got 3 games out of them so far.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Trying to decide if I want to win 5-10 small auctions for oddball/indie games or go all in on one of the less competitive AAA titles like Wolfenstein. Spent $10 on gem items, poofed half and can currently make my money back selling the leftovers. Think I'll see how things look tomorrow. Think prices will creep up another couple cents on most stuff I'm holding. Little worried as supply decreases folks trying to win multiple auctions are gonna give up and shit on my indie game gem costs. Shit shoulda been a blind auction. Way too much fucking hassle to actually try and participate.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got a game on my wishlist for 4k gems that hasn't gone below $16 yet so I feel like that's pretty great savings. I'll keep an eye on some of the others but with gem costs rising I don't foresee any of the "big" titles ever being worth it.

spronk

FPS noob
you get a badge for winning an auction for anyone into steam xp. and yeah, its pretty uneven on how smart some of the bidding is. for example valkyria chronicles is at 25k gems, which you could have sold for $30 and bought the game which only costs $20 on steam (and is on sale all the time for $15). divinity original sin is 30k gems while the game can be bought for < $20 from traders.

if you are pretty good about adding games you wanna buy in the future to your wishlist, you can just click on My Wishlist on the auctions front page and it'll give you a rough idea of how much a game would cost. you can buy 1000 gems for ~$1.20
Steam Community :: Holiday Auction

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
you get a badge for winning an auction for anyone into steam xp. and yeah, its pretty uneven on how smart some of the bidding is. for example valkyria chronicles is at 25k gems, which you could have sold for $30 and bought the game which only costs $20 on steam (and is on sale all the time for $15).
Valkyria Chronicles hasn't even been on sale for $15 on steam.