Stephen King's The Dark Tower

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Another kind-of critical detail that they just said fuck it to:

Not a single rose in the movie. not at the base of the tower, not in Jake's story, nowhere. nada. It's not like they would've had to add scenes or anything, just alter the already-cgi landscape at the base of the tower.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mike Flanagan, sign me up. Midnight Club has been the only thing of his I didnt enjoy.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Mike Flanagan, sign me up. Midnight Club has been the only thing of his I didnt enjoy.
Yeah, he really is one of the only guys out there making great shows. I got to watch Midnight Mass this past year, and it's probably one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I trust him to at least be true to the source material, but then again, you never know how much pressure the suits are going to put on him. Guess we'll see.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At least Amazon will be fine with an "R rating". That fucked the films script up just as hard as anything else.

Based on Amazon's history there's no pressure to meet PG-13 standards placed on their creators.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This always needed to be a tv series rather than movies. Obviously has a ton of potential, but so many ways to screw it up. Looking forward to it, but not getting my hopes up

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Amazon + Stephen King? With those two flawless track records I don’t see what could possibly go wrong with this combo.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
black gay Roland and black gay Cuthbert and black gay Walter and black gay Jaime, and black gay Eddie and black gay Jake and black gay Oy fighting straight white Randall Flagg.
should be fine.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
black gay Roland and black gay Cuthbert and black gay Walter and black gay Jaime, and black gay Eddie and black gay Jake and Black gay Oy fighting straight white Randall Flagg.
should be fine.
*Also Susanna will be trans

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
black gay Roland and black gay Cuthbert and black gay Walter and black gay Jaime, and black gay Eddie and black gay Jake and black gay Oy fighting straight white Randall Flagg.
should be fine.
if roland is white that's technically a race swap

idris elba john GIF

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
should be fine.

He want's Aaron Paul as Roland and somewhat teased it on Tik Tok three weeks ago when this obviously was close to being ready to announce.

• 1Barf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
*Also Susanna will be trans
King always has and always will sacrifice all his beloved characters for virtue points and money. he's really a little bitch with his professional integrity. its why i detest him now even though i was a huge fan of his since 1982.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He want's Aaron Paul as Roland and somewhat teased it on Tik Tok three weeks ago when this obviously was close to being ready to announce.

Aaron Paul could be the perfect Eddie. like Eddie would be tailor made for him. i guess he doesnt want another Jesse role. of course the only Roland in this day and age would be Josh Brolin.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Aaron Paul could be the perfect Eddie. like Eddie would be tailor made for him. i guess he doesnt want another Jesse role. of course the only Roland in this day and age would be Josh Brolin.

Yea obviously nothing is confirmed, and I love both you ideas. Aaron Paul has wanted to play Roland forever and was almost cast in the movie way back when, and obviously Flanagan wants to work with him. I gotta imagine Brolin will be busy filming Dune 2 and Deadpool 3 while this is getting filmed but he does work his ass off who knows.

This will be a ways off regardless though, Fall of House of Usher is his next and last thing for Netflix. That will prob come out Oct next year and has a cast of everyone he has ever casted ever lol. Unlike Midnight Club its one where he writes and directs the entire show, whereas the former he was more of a show runner with different directors and writers.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Definite NO to Aaron Paul. Josh Brolin...maybe. Thinking about most big names I can't find one that really captures the Roland persona. Another "maybe" could be Timothy Olyphant, if they roughen him up a bit.

• 1Like