Stephen King's "The Long Walk"

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Didn’t read it, but Storm of the Century was ok for a tv series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Good werewolf movies are scarce. I would put SB on the "better" end of the available options. Still waiting for them to make a really good werewolf movie, like using Mongrels or Those Across the River for source material
Dog Soldiers. Just watched it again the other evening. It's low budget, but a great movie. Danny Boyle I think. There's another one out there from the guy who did Stake Land about a werewolf, can't remember the name, but it was pretty good for being low budget indie. Late Phases maybe it was called?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there was a werewolf TV show back in the day.
i watched all of it, but i have no memory of any of it. looks like an Incredible Hulk knockoff.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Didn’t read it, but Storm of the Century was ok for a tv series.

It was written as a teleplay so reading it is reading a teleplay. It's not really something I can recommend even though the series is pretty good.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Was thinking of other decent King adaptations and remembered Graveyard Shift. Haven't seen it since I was much younger, but remember it being fairly decent. Wonder if it still holds up. Think it had the guy who does Chucky's voice, can't remember his name at the moment.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Was thinking of other decent King adaptations and remembered Graveyard Shift. Haven't seen it since I was much younger, but remember it being fairly decent. Wonder if it still holds up. Think it had the guy who does Chucky's voice, can't remember his name at the moment.
Brad Dourif. The movie is a bit cheesy now. Andrew Divoff from Wishmaster is also in it. Most adaptations are a 5 out of 10 or below.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you ever watch the Mangler? really not good, but might might be worth killing time.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know I've seen the movie as a kid and I remember thinking it was alright. The short story is a bit of fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
you ever watch the Mangler? really not good, but might might be worth killing time.
Fuck yeah I have, it's got Buffalo Bill. Completely forgot about that one, but it's pretty good and it's even got Freddy! I think it's even been even longer since I've seen it, going to go have to try to dredge it up somewhere.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Brad Dourif. The movie is a bit cheesy now. Andrew Divoff from Wishmaster is also in it. Most adaptations are a 5 out of 10 or below.
Haha, that's right, it's got the Wishmaster. That was a pretty crappy Wes craven movie out of the mid-90s. I think his best performance I ever saw him in was toy soldiers with Louis gossett Jr and Sean Aston.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I posted about it the movies you've watched recently thread but

1702268862318.png

a Pet Sematary prequel movie exists. Yes, it's bad.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fuck yeah I have, it's got Buffalo Bill. Completely forgot about that one, but it's pretty good and it's even got Freddy! I think it's even been even longer since I've seen it, going to go have to try to dredge it up somewhere.
My dad loved all this 90s horror stuff. Wishmaster was a favorite of his. These mangler and graveyard shift films were right up his alley. If I close my eyes I can hear my dad telling me what the cool movies were. I couldn't be bothered back then. I was focused on partying and getting laid. I did check those movies out, mainly as a King fan looking for actual King elements in the story. I know King back then loved those shit movies, he kept letting them get made, but honestly I think it was because these low budget movie people worked with King to keep him happy and so they kept his elements in there. King is a big ole redneck at heart, even though he tries to portray himself differently on Twitter. I used to collect King interviews as a teen cuz I was a fan, a lot of his language was different back in the day. He was very country white boy.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched Wishmaster in highschool for how bad they were. I remember me and my buddy loosing it when the guy fucks himself. We had a good year of putting on shit movies. Chopping mall is still one of my favorite

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I watched Wishmaster in highschool for how bad they were. I remember me and my buddy loosing it when the guy fucks himself. We had a good year of putting on shit movies. Chopping mall is still one of my favorite
Back in the day when the Sunday paper had the TV guide for the week, I'd always check to see what midnight horror movie was playing the coming Saturday. Used to be an hour of Tales from the Dar Side and Monsters at 11pm and then a sci-fi or horror movie after. Pretty sure I saw Chopping Mall during one of those nights. The problem was trying to stay up that late to watch whatever film was playing, especially if you were on bikes all day with the neighborhood kids. Don't think I managed to finish most movies.

Ahhhh, simpler times.

• 1Like

Homsar

Back in the day when the Sunday paper had the TV guide for the week, I'd always check to see what midnight horror movie was playing the coming Saturday. Used to be an hour of Tales from the Dar Side and Monsters at 11pm and then a sci-fi or horror movie after. Pretty sure I saw Chopping Mall during one of those nights. The problem was trying to stay up that late to watch whatever film was playing, especially if you were on bikes all day with the neighborhood kids. Don't think I managed to finish most movies.

Ahhhh, simpler times.
Maybe I've lost memory's, I just remember TV guide and my dad or grandfather taking them to the shitter. Don't remember the paper listing shows. My mom still pays for the paper for some reason

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Maybe I've lost memory's, I just remember TV guide and my dad or grandfather taking them to the shitter. Don't remember the paper listing shows. My mom still pays for the paper for some reason
Was the Times Picayune in New Orleans. May have just been that paper.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Ahhhh, simpler times.
Chopping Mall was definitely a video store pick. 1 dollar rental. I saw that maybe twice. It's really not the best, but robot mall security gone evil? It's been awhile.

• 1Like

Homsar

Chopping Mall was definitely a video store pick. 1 dollar rental. I saw that maybe twice. It's really not the best, but robot mall security gone evil? It's been awhile.
Chopping mall is really epic 80s cheese. I wish we did movie nights. Maximum overdrive, They live, ugh I'm forgetting my favorites

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They should drop all this nonsense and make a non-woke movie adaptation of Stephen King's Joyland.