steve jobs

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't know jack about Steve Jobs. But people who knew him said the timelines make no sense and would have to be adjusted by decades to fit into the movie. Sounds about right.
Yeah, the timelines are all fucky.

The movie plays out like steve jobs is having a dream imo. People and life events all fit into three pivotal product launches.

I thought it was good, but it didn't even go into some of the most interesting parts of his life. No fighting with Gates, no phone hacking, no Pixar (complete with Disney battles), nothing past 98.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Ipod and iPhone were nothing special when they launched, tons of mp3 players out there before the iPod and a few smart phones that looked and performed exactly like the iphone before it.

Jobs was pure marketing.
Adorable!

Let me dig up my Blackberry Bold 9000 to use for the next few years.

Ya'll are hilariously blinded by your hatred of all things Apple.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4: greatest phone I've every owned.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
iPhone was plenty special. Touchscreens weren't significant, and now they're everything and we're better off for it. I never cared about iPod, but iTunes was an important milestone in the new music business model, and they're attached at the hip. Marketing is most effective in amplifying the inherent value of a product, and both of your examples had plenty of value.
My opinion is the true "innovation" was itunes and not the ipod (which begets the iphone). And I am not even talking the software but the fact the model was created to purchase individual songs via a computer. Convincing companies to play ball with this new model must have been hell.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The 14th anniversary of the Ipod was over the weekend and they a few things on youtube of comments made on an Apple website about how shitty it was Apple came out with another MP3 player when everyone already had them out there. One comment asked why Apple was going to become a gimmy gadget company and not fix their Apple server issues.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No clue. Not an apple user. Just found the comments they read funny. Very few of them were very big on it.