Stonehearth

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yea, I saw it this morning and backed it. I like their idea of randomly generated worlds that have randomly generated modules (quests, factions, motivations, etc.) within them. I am surprised no larger studio had thought of it before.

I'm not into Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress. But somehow combining the two looks like a pretty badass game.
biggrin.png

Dom_sl

shitlord
They already have 105k out of the 120k goal pledged within 2 days. Impressive.

Anyone else get a FF Tactics vibe from their art design?

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I posted this in the indie games thread after Stonehearth came up, if you fancy something similarish (right down to the choice of voxel graphics) there'shttp://www.timberandstonegame.com/already in beta and I believe downloadable as soon as you've coughed up.

Video is a preview of a new class which has an fps viewpoint, the rest of the gameplay is rts/building etc.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if they will get a cease and desist from the lawyer team at Blizzard (who just announced Hearthstone). Also, a mod might consider editing the title to add the h to the end of Stonehearth.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
considering this game's name has been known since last year, that would be funny.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Could they even do anything about it? It wouldn't surprise me if they did though.

Game looks pretty fucking cool though, minecraft styled RTS with randomized maps? I'm down.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Not even America's legal system is retarded enough to consider Stonehearth an infringement upon Hearthstone. Come on, people.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Sure, but "getting a cease and desist" implies that someone in the legal system already decided Blizzard has a case, which they don't. So, yeah.

Anyhoo, backed it. Looks like a lot of fun, and they already made their goal in 3 days.

Golt_sl

shitlord
They already have 105k out of the 120k goal pledged within 2 days. Impressive.

Anyone else get a FF Tactics vibe from their art design?
Oddly enough I did a bit yeah, was thinking of the possibilities with modding your own creatures after some of the enemies from that game. Looks really fun, gonna end up backing this soon probably.