Stormhaven - Kate's Hoof

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished up T 6 armor last night and took the time to raise JC up to 199. That alone took 2000ish combines, so if anyone needs the gems made for them lemme know.

Grizzin (djinn on Discord) also has jewelcrafting high enough to make the components for this armor! Just send him a tell and he can sort you out too! You need the appropriate gems from the goblin camps is all. Don't burn yourself out doing tradeskills. It's totally unnecessary.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Here is a description of the two different 1-70 leveling paths:

Progression Guide: 1-70 - StormWiki

Read it over and choose which you like. I can see some people choosing to do both paths to pick up useful clickies! (Summon banker anyone?)

After we complete the 1-70 grind, this is what we are aiming for: the custom raid content.

Progression Guide: Raid Tiers - StormWiki

The only thing is , it seems like none of the gear is worth it. I went and cleared Vex Thal today and Aten neck is getting close to being overlapped by Loping Plains stuff.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because you are comparing apples to oranges. VT is not part of the custom progression, Loping is the end zone of newer the custom 1-70 path. VT isn't meant to be high end raid gear.

You can't compare old classic content vs the custom zones. It makes no sense.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
VT is part of the old path. It's right before Plane of Earth. The stuff I was getting from the mobs near the end of the 1-70 path was pretty close to 400hp/mana, which compares somewhat favorably to elegant defiant stuff. IIRC, many of it also was type 8 with raid tier focuses. None of this matters much, as Jysin said, because 70-75 is on the same track and I'm sure all of that gear gets replaced. I think the new path also gets some nice charms etc that are worth having.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sigh, you think I don't know one is a new and one is an old progression path? Why would the itemization be so out of whack when the mobs are the same relative strength? It would be better (in my opinion) to mix and match each path to extend the leveling progression path? Defiant armor through the Faydwer progression path and the non armor items through the Titanium path? But to be fair I don't really think gear matters too much. It all seems a means to an end to get to raid progression. Which I hope is super fun, because the leveling in the Faydwer progession seems..WoWish?

I don't hate the server and I am just nitpicking. But I wish i could spend more time moving around the server and doing things at a decent clip. Instead of funneled into two zones for 15-20 levels.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Made a cleric for my main, hit 55 in one session, hope to hit 70 tonight, but unlikely until Wed or Thursday night.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sigh, you think I don't know one is a new and one is an old progression path? Why would the itemization be so out of whack when the mobs are the same relative strength? It would be better (in my opinion) to mix and match each path to extend the leveling progression path? Defiant armor through the Faydwer progression path and the non armor items through the Titanium path? But to be fair I don't really think gear matters too much. It all seems a means to an end to get to raid progression. Which I hope is super fun, because the leveling in the Faydwer progession seems..WoWish?

I don't hate the server and I am just nitpicking. But I wish i could spend more time moving around the server and doing things at a decent clip. Instead of funneled into two zones for 15-20 levels.

There are reasons to selectively pick some questlines from one path and some from the other. Old path has some nice clickies like DE mask, unlimited shrink pot, and summon a banker bot, etc. New SoF has some awesome item slots. So, there's an argument to actually do a bit of both.

However, you did hit the nail on the head. They are both just a means to an end. 70+ game is where it's at for me.

Dexz

Golden Squire
My mage is prolly 1 hour of play time from hitting 70, look me up tonight if any group/raid action takes place.
>Treat

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider

Yeah- It's overlapped by Earth, but there's a quest NPC for it and everything, usually situated between the TOFS and Earth B NPCs. Maybe it doesn't update the charm? Not sure why it wouldn't be on the list.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still curious what Secrets will release, but this amuses me for now.

Didn't @Secrets say he was doing his own vision of a NL type server, then basically say he doesn't have time for it and won't be working on it? To my knowledge he isn't currently developing a new server, is he?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, and a bit of a <Kate's Hoof> update:

Thanks to Djevel leveling up his War to 75 and getting a beefy amount of defensive AAs, we were able to complete our first in-guild Mithaniel Marr kill last night! This enables the guild to complete epic 2.0s and a pretty big barrier in Raid T1!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the 2.0's guild-wide unlocks?

Epic 2.0 is a quest that individual members must complete, but via raid content. Mithaniel Marr was a massive bottleneck because of his crazy high DPS, AE stun, and split at 50% into two mobs. Tank Mercs are vaporized instantly and I (playing a rogue) could only tank so much. Having a real Warrior made this far easier.

The Epic 2.0 quest is 4 items.
1) Your Epic 1.5
2) Soul of [class] : a mini quest in SolRo Tower defeating SolRo himself. Only 1 per raid.
3) Heart of Mithaniel Marr. One drop per raid.
4) Epic 2.0 Creation Fee Card (8k plat vendor bought)

Epic 2.0 - StormWiki

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, I have yet to "grind" any AA. I just hit 300 on my Rogue yesterday and it has all been from questing, raiding (in a group), and exploring. You will find the quests in SoD for level 75+ group content / augs / gear are pretty lengthy. You only gain level by questing in SoD, so your AA bar can sit at 100% while you are working the level up quests.