Stormhaven - Kate's Hoof

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
76 and 77 are doable with a merc for sure. Be warned that named will definitely be a ramp up in difficulty from anything prior! 78 is even more difficult and you might have to farm up some raid gear for it... or do like Funkey and just grind out trash mob shards.

The way I see it, this server is mainly focused on the custom raid content. You can start raids at 70+. Getting level 75 certainly makes things easier and is easily doable. Might as well knock that out during level progression. However, 76+ are really side-upgrades (for now) and not at all required until you get deeper into the raid tiers. I think it is Raid T4 where the custom spells start dropping and to scribe those, you will need 76+. Until then, there is a ton of content available. Including: SolRo armor, Epic 2.0, epic augments, charm upgrade, immaculate weapons, etc.

I do the 76 grind stuff during downtime. You also get some quality drops from named, so it isn't just quest level grind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dexz

Golden Squire
Oceansgreen is moving pretty quickly, the cleric merc does in fact heal pets. Named do hit hard, some upwards of 4k quads. Complete 2 shards and half of the 3rd in just over 3 hours in the zone, tracking the named speeds things up a ton.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oceansgreen is moving pretty quickly, the cleric merc does in fact heal pets. Named do hit hard, some upwards of 4k quads. Complete 2 shards and half of the 3rd in just over 3 hours in the zone, tracking the named speeds things up a ton.

My suggestion is to get your Blackburrow access. In Oceangreen Hills, go to the friendly gnoll camp to the South East. I think you only have to do the first quest and then he sends you to Blackburrow. I find that shards drop far more often and tons off of trash. Named are really tough though, so be warned.

• 1Like

Dexz

Golden Squire
Kith is a huge pita, high mob density and the quest are wanting you to kill reds surrounded by 2 or more yellows. Hunting named and doing quest on the side seem to be the most efficient path of collecting shards. I do see this zone as an end to solo progression on the server. I guess at that point Ill learn how to multi box while we progress and level up to raids. Thinking of wiz, tank with cleric pet mercs would work pretty well.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep in mind, that mi-high level SoD zones are meant to mix in while raiding. Some of the T1 / T2 raid content is easier than SoD zones. Having a mix of better gear helps. Regarding Kithcor in particular, the big dangerous mob density is in the good and evil camps, which you can completely avoid. The named which drop the leveling shards are amongst trash PHs like snake, bixie, bear, etc. Just be warned that a few are harder than others. The bear named in particular has an AE fear, which could send you into other mobs if you haven't set him up in a kill spot away from other mobs. None of the named have the typical # in front of their name for seeing in MQ2.

The easiest way to find them is to look up the Hunter quest for the particular zone and search for their unique names. When you kill them all, or none are up, you just leave the zone for about 5-10mins and it will seem to reload with the chance of named. Just give me a shout if you need some help.

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've done a total 180 here. I really like the leveling speed on the server and the quality of gear you get is phenomenal. The flip side is that it seems like the progression side of things actually takes a bit of firepower. Maybe a really strong box combo like SK/SHM may have a chance of progressing, but it seems easier to add on some more DPS, etc - especially given how easy it is to level and gear characters here.

For me, there's just so much to explore, and although the loot is plentiful, you'll need every bit of it once you hit max and the fun actually begins.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally broke down and started a 6 box. I play odd hours, so I like being self sufficient. That said, I can now help anyone and their alts with Epic 2.0s. I have 5 of 6 of my boxes with 2.0 now and plan on completing the last one tonight.

In case you guys didn't know, there are NPCs in the arena to afk skill up your offensive or defensive skills. Defense seems to take an eternity, so it was a necessary evil. I PL'd my SK to 75 and while it was very easy to get dodge and double attack etc up to 300+ skill fighting and tanking normal mobs, my Defense was lagging behind in the 180s. A couple overnight sessions with the old punching bags available in Arena got me to cap. That resulted in a couple hundred raw AC!

The arena NPCs are customizable. Just hail them and you can set level, AC values, ATK values, etc to work on whatever you need.

• 1Like

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wish the wiki was a tad more fleshed out. But with the allaclone you can semi figure out what goes where and all that jazz.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
End game is Tier based "raids" and there are a lot of them. This wiki lays it out pretty clearly:
Progression Guide: Raid Tiers - StormWiki

6-12 characters required. Some people box their own crews, others group with fellow players boxing fewer characters.

There's so much custom content on this server, it's unbelievable. Some of us have been going hard for weeks on this server and barely scratched the surface of the raid content. I am pretty happy with the server.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This sounds very interesting.

I havent done an EMU before, played EQ up to Omens and then did a few Progression ones casually.

Im going to set this up tonight and start playing. Gonna try to 2-3 box tops. Love the idea of playing around solo in a small group and picking up with a crew. Never did a MQ box. Used to old school alt tab a pally/cleric or play on desktop/laptop.

Though I would love to try out a ranger. Does that fit into a box situation or should I just solo that shit? I could Main the ranger or pally and have the other two as grind boxes

Would Pally, Shaman Ranger be something that even works?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should be a solid box. You have the typical Tank, Heal/Slow, and DPS. Ranged DPS is a must on some fights.

Lots of people are boxing here though. You would find life a hell of a lot easier if you started tinkering with MQ. It's such a massive quality of life improvement.

• 1Like

Nulolan

N00b
Just rolled here but needing an EQ itch and decided this would be more fun then running classic EQ for the 10th time. Seems like the Rof2 SH mq2 client doesn't work for some reason wondering if I should try a older client. Doing the crenscent reach path and have to say with 6 boxing the armor quests seems a tad tedious since you have to complete them all in order would much prefer to get my upgrades from drops just seems like much less hassle when having to take into account several characters, perhaps the other path is more up my alley ?