Stormlight Archive ( Released Spoilers )

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I'd link the thread but the 17th shard is down at the moment but in a Q/A Brandon confirmed that Zahel is Vasher and that he's on Roshar because he can get what he needs more easily there. I'm assuming he means that stormlight is pretty much the same as breaths and can sustain him.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Read a bit about Nightblood on the Coppermind wiki, and I would think this sword would be useless for Szeth. As far as we know Szeth is not a Surgebinder, right? He was able to use a Windrunners Lashings due to holding an Honorblade. Also, as far as we know, in order to be a true Surgebinder you need to bond with a Spren, right? So Nightblood drains the "Breath" from whoever wields it, yet does not grant the ability to generate Breath, which would mean someone like Szeth would be unable to "feed" (or invest) Stormlight into Nightblood...unless of course Nightblood will just draw in any source of Stormlight in its vicinity.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I imagine that it will be able to feed off of whatever powers shardblades and stormlight in general like it does breath from the wielder in Warbreaker. It still seems like it would be a downgrade from an honorblade though as the sword doesn't grant any abilities to its wilder or didn't in Warbreaker; it just drives them into a kind of berserker mode and can cut through things much like a shardblade can. That said if it can drain a surgebinder of his stormlight at a distance it could be quite powerful.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eh, I would say it's a step up from an honorblade. It does have it's own intelligence while the honorblades are just innate tools.

Being able to cut slices through inanimate matter like a shardblade is something different from the only time we saw NIghtblood unsheathed. iirc 50 lifeless and multiple holes in castle/stone happened in short order. I wouldn't compare the Lifeless to shardplate or anything, but they did turn to smoke or dust or such from the hits they sustained.

This has a ton of potential.

Gask

I'd hardly call Nightblood intelligent from what I read in Warbreaker, more like barely self aware. It has potential though since Sanderson can do anything he wants with it and Vasher; who knows how much time has passed and how much has changed, Vasher after all has seemingly turned into a rather goal oriented psychopath. If he was like this in Warbreaker then he would have executed the princess for her actions regardless of her intentions... and potentially anyone who jaywalked that day if they have enough breath in them lol.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Vasher is the sword master, not the justice guy. Also, don't forget that when Vasher first returned the cult named him Warbreaker the Peaceful. On some level he will always identify with that.

Gask

Vasher is the sword master, not the justice guy. Also, don't forget that when Vasher first returned the cult named him Warbreaker the Peaceful. On some level he will always identify with that.
I guess Captain Justice could be anyone now that I think on it, hopefully we will get an explanation of how he got the sword.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I guess Captain Justice could be anyone now that I think on it, hopefully we will get an explanation of how he got the sword.
The theory I've seen is that he's the Herald of Justice and he hunts down those who abuse their powers to surgebind. Nine of the Heralds disappeared but that doesn't mean they're dead.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
The theory I've seen is that he's the Herald of Justice and he hunts down those who abuse their powers to surgebind. Nine of the Heralds disappeared but that doesn't mean they're dead.
I think he's the herald who was dead when the rest dropped their blades. Explains the reason he's a bit...fanatic...about order.

I'm usually wrong, however.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think he's the herald who was dead when the rest dropped their blades. Explains the reason he's a bit...fanatic...about order.

I'm usually wrong, however.
The Herald who was dead when the rest dropped their swords was Talenel. He returned at the end of the first book breaking into Kholinar saying: "Who am I? I . . . I am Talenel?Elin, Stonesinew, Herald of the Almighty. The Desolation has come. Oh, God . . . it has come. And I have failed."

He's the crazy Herald they have locked up in the 2nd book.

Nin/Nalan was the Herald of Justice and Patron of the Skybreakers. That's the guy with Szeth now, I'm pretty sure.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Herald who was dead when the rest dropped their swords was Talenel. He returned at the end of the first book breaking into Kholinar saying: "Who am I? I . . . I am Talenel'Elin, Stonesinew, Herald of the Almighty. The Desolation has come. Oh, God . . . it has come. And I have failed."

He's the crazy Herald they have locked up in the 2nd book.

Nin/Nalan was the Herald of Justice and Patron of the Skybreakers. That's the guy with Szeth now, I'm pretty sure.
I missed the Talenel reference. Thanks. I have a bad habit of overlooking the crazies.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yep, they pretty much say as much in the book so not much room for debate. What this means is that probably all the heralds are there, if they died they were resurrected (ala talanel - although since he was fighting by himself to prevent the desolation the last 4500 years he's gone crazy) and the rest of them were slacking off here on the planet.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Yep, they pretty much say as much in the book so not much room for debate. What this means is that probably all the heralds are there, if they died they were resurrected (ala talanel - although since he was fighting by himself to prevent the desolation the last 4500 years he's gone crazy) and the rest of them were slacking off here on the planet.
There is a theory going around that since one or two Heralds show up in the chapter page that those Heralds might actually be hanging out in the background in some of those scenes. It does appear though that they are functionally immortal.

Renault

N00b
I hope I'm wrong, but did anyone else get a sort of weird cliche Darth Vader-esque feeling from Adolin?

Between Sanderson hinting at the possibility of something between Shallan and Kaladin in the future and Adolin now being one of the only characters that isn't becoming a Radiant he seems to be putting him in a prime position to be tempted by Odium or another group. Maybe I'm just reading too much into that final bit where he kills Sadeas and comments how he's not as noble and pure or whatever as his father thinks his is; which felt very out of character considering we've seen nothing that would indicate he isn't exactly what he's appeared to be through the first two books.

The way that Adolin killing Sadeas seemed to be cast as an evil action really just bugged me too considering it came right after Kaladin kills Szeth. It's totally cool to kill Szeth, who is assassinating people only because he refuses to break his extremely strict code of honor and is bound by his oaths to obey. Meanwhile, Sadaes has caused the death of thousands of Dalinar's troops and ordered assassination attempts on Dalinar's life along with being a generally shitty, scummy human being; but don't start a fight with him in a hallway and stab him to death because that would be evil rather then I don't know, just retribution?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope I'm wrong, but did anyone else get a sort of weird cliche Darth Vader-esque feeling from Adolin?

Between Sanderson hinting at the possibility of something between Shallan and Kaladin in the future and Adolin now being one of the only characters that isn't becoming a Radiant he seems to be putting him in a prime position to be tempted by Odium or another group. Maybe I'm just reading too much into that final bit where he kills Sadeas and comments how he's not as noble and pure or whatever as his father thinks his is; which felt very out of character considering we've seen nothing that would indicate he isn't exactly what he's appeared to be through the first two books.

The way that Adolin killing Sadeas seemed to be cast as an evil action really just bugged me too considering it came right after Kaladin kills Szeth. It's totally cool to kill Szeth, who is assassinating people only because he refuses to break his extremely strict code of honor and is bound by his oaths to obey. Meanwhile, Sadaes has caused the death of thousands of Dalinar's troops and ordered assassination attempts on Dalinar's life along with being a generally shitty, scummy human being; but don't start a fight with him in a hallway and stab him to death because that would be evil rather then I don't know, just retribution?
I sorta think that Adolin will get Szeth's sword, then at some point Szeth / Herald of Justice will learn of how Adolin killed Sadeas and attempt to kill Adolin...which puts Kaladin / Dalinar in a bad position where they want to save Adolin.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
In one of the Q/A sanderson has said some of the orders of the knights would be happy to have adoilin as a member and would praise him for sadeas. I guess the orders work against each othervcas much as with?

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
In one of the Q/A sanderson has said some of the orders of the knights would be happy to have adoilin as a member and would praise him for sadeas. I guess the orders work against each othervcas much as with?
It was implied by Honor/Almighty that the Orders weren't one cohesive unit, but they were "focused".