Stowaway (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1.63 star(s) Rating: 1.63/5 8 Votes
Title: Stowaway (2021)

Tagline: Millions of miles from home, survival comes with sacrifice.

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Joe Penna

Cast: Anna Kendrick, Toni Collette, Daniel Dae Kim, Shamier Anderson

Release: 2021-04-22

Runtime: 116

Plot: A three-person crew on a mission to Mars faces an impossible choice when an unplanned passenger jeopardizes the trip. Facing dwindling resources and a potentially fatal outcome, the crew is forced to make an impossible decision.

Daidraco

Netflix movie .. I love space shit, but just ... just dont.. the ending is such trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Netflix is tainting the shit out of space movies

• 1Like

Daidraco

Whoever put a 5 star rating on this movie to counteract my one star is f'n nuts.

I typed all this shit out in a spoiler and then just decided against it. If you cant find a billion fucking plot holes in this movie with even a modicum of math skills, then there is nothing I can say that will make your retarded ass say anything other than "Its just a movie, who cares?". Even basic real world shit doesnt happen like this movie portrayed it. Its ignorant as fuck. So much so that I made a thread about the movie just to encourage people to NOT watch it. Nevermind the fact its racially motivated garbage.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i didnt watch but read the plot summary on imdb, spoilered (through interpretation, so telephone effect lol) for anyone curious. full ending spoiler

a 3 man (2 chicks 1 dude) team is on its way to mars. they discover a stowaway on board, a black man. he's useless and isn't technically competent. They only have enough oxygen to support 3 people. 2 hours of people talking about what to do. in the end Ana Kendricks character goes on a spacewalk to repair something, she forgets to take a canister of oxygen, and lets herself die to solar radiation to save the useless black man. She sounds pretty dumb so probably on balance not that much of a sacrifice.

as the 1/10 reviewer pointed out, its fucking retarded that they didn't just turn around and go back when they found a stowaway, the movie never explains how this retard got on board, and major plot points revolve around single points of failure on a space ship. Spaceships are designed with triple redundancy and extra repair parts, so none of it was realistic. also to save on budget they invented fake gravity, lol

i assume this movie is supposed to be some shitty hollywood metaphor for refugees

i didn't realize it was on netflix though, so that saves a few mins since i would have probably watched the beginning

recent movies i torrented that all sound awesome

Kentucky Bourbon Tales - stories of how bourbon is made
400 Bullets - no idea
Boss Level - frank grillo with Mel Gibson as bad guy, a Edge of Tomorrow type of Groundhogs day sci fi action movie
The Courier - no idea
The Little Things - no idea
The Marksman - Liam Neesons latest 70 year old action movie star movie

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Movie was low effort trash. AK needs a nose job or a job in radio.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i didnt watch but read the plot summary on imdb, spoilered (through interpretation, so telephone effect lol) for anyone curious. full ending spoiler

a 3 man (2 chicks 1 dude) team is on its way to mars. they discover a stowaway on board, a black man. he's useless and isn't technically competent. They only have enough oxygen to support 3 people. 2 hours of people talking about what to do. in the end Ana Kendricks character goes on a spacewalk to repair something, she forgets to take a canister of oxygen, and lets herself die to solar radiation to save the useless black man. She sounds pretty dumb so probably on balance not that much of a sacrifice.

as the 1/10 reviewer pointed out, its fucking retarded that they didn't just turn around and go back when they found a stowaway, the movie never explains how this retard got on board, and major plot points revolve around single points of failure on a space ship. Spaceships are designed with triple redundancy and extra repair parts, so none of it was realistic. also to save on budget they invented fake gravity, lol

i assume this movie is supposed to be some shitty hollywood metaphor for refugees

i didn't realize it was on netflix though, so that saves a few mins since i would have probably watched the beginning

recent movies i torrented that all sound awesome

Kentucky Bourbon Tales - stories of how bourbon is made
400 Bullets - no idea
Boss Level - frank grillo with Mel Gibson as bad guy, a Edge of Tomorrow type of Groundhogs day sci fi action movie
The Courier - no idea
The Little Things - no idea
The Marksman - Liam Neesons latest 70 year old action movie star movie
boss level starts out super silly and then loses steam. the first half of it was really enjoyable because of how hard it leaned into the concept but then it felt like they had most of their good ideas front loaded and then remembered they needed to actually work on an ending. i liked it though

Goatface

watched most of it, skipped some, it could should have been edited down 90mins. 4/10

know not your review
captain said wasn't enough fuel to turn around. guess they just had enough fuel to maneuver and was coasting to mars. also said they were going to fast to get refueled.
he was in the support tunnel connecting "firing pins", fell. got knocked unconscious and was hung up on the o2 scrubber thingy
there was a part about the ship was only designed for 2 people. captain said some more about the company pushing the ship, but don't remember. might have missed it but don't remember if they even talked about having enough food for a 4th person. getting oxygen from water could have been the backup. when it was brought up, they said wasn't enough extra now.

my main problems, it was slow, kendrick looks bad with a ponytail and don't appear to be able to keep her mouth closed. was the whole mission just so johnny gat could do an algae experiment, if so why didn't he bring a lot more. shit had to weigh less than a coffee mug.

Daidraco

But even then, they had to unscrew pins to get that jackass out of that compartment. Like he was screwed in there by someone else! I was sitting here thinking it was going to be some major plot point that someone wanted the mission to fail, or to kill so and so.. but nope. Just some asshole that got stuck in a mysterious way. When the movie ended I was just so annoyed with the entire story.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I made it about 30 minutes in and was bored to fucking tears and fell asleep.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I made it about 30 minutes in and was bored to fucking tears and fell asleep.
yup, my goal was to see if asian dude said...

jetison the blackie, cuz i'm on a 2year cruise w/ anna kendrick and some other bitch, those are good odds, plants be boring... couldn't even stay awake to see if that happened.

• 2Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The whole concept of a stoaway on a rocket is simply idiotic. Rockets and facilities that launch people are highly secure and sensitive environments, no way in hell a random worker who has a critical function like him vanishes without people knowing. That would certainly cause the rocket launch to be paused or scrubbed.

As for the movie, loved seeing Asian guy made to look like a pathetic pussy. Lol at him being to weak to carry a single bag through the airlock while Annas character had no problem with 3 bags. I turned this off after 30 minutes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Watched this tonight. A lot of similar complaints that have already been posted.

One thing
The captain/commander woman was a big ole baby and broke from the women are super competent badasses narrative. She was constantly crying and emotional instead of the required poised and professional you would want from a real leader in a tough spot.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, Netflix's losing streak continues. Garbage. I was hoping for hard science and I dont think that hope even survived the liftoff.

spronk

FPS noob
if you haven't watched it get on For All Mankind (Apple TV+) ASAP, its 2 seasons and 10/10 on science, characters, story, everything. The basic plot is "what if the Soviet Union beat America to the moon by a month", and the divergence of history and how important space exploration would be to the world if that happened. Its fan fucking tastic, my favorite show of the year.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
ok, i finished this finally and the worst outcome happened, the young hot white girl dies so the blackie refugee can live.

• 1Edgelord

Daidraco

ok, i finished this finally and the worst outcome happened, the young hot white girl dies so the blackie refugee can live.
So pretty much how its perceived in real life.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't watch the movie but a stowaway in space would have to be sent out of the airlock within minutes of any launch for the crew to be able to reach the destination. And that still might not be soon enough.

Reality is why Hollywood sci fi is mostly garbage.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database