Stranger Things

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
This series has made me greatly miss the AD&D sessions of my youth...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Binged it during the weekend, I liked it a lot, both the cinemato / photography, soundtrack and direction hit the nail for me. I generally hate kid acting but most of them did a nice job. Also I think Winona is quite good, she already was good in Show Me A Hero IMO. Also Stranger Things is the kind of shows you'd watch on a date together.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Man its so cool you can embed soundcloud on here. (also I made this post and it didn't stop the music. A+ would post again)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Yep, they did good work with this one. It's not perfect but it is very, very good.

Perfect is over rated.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Amazing show, s2 is supposed to be a sequel which I am fine with.

It has to be! Questions have yet to be answered. Great final episode. Shocked only 8 episodes, but, what a killer season.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got one episode left to go. Can't wait to finish it. I do feel like episode 9 wasn't quite up to par with the rest though. Hopefully the last one makes up for it.

But so far, yeah, this show was awesome. I really like the kid who plays Dustin. What a goofy little fucker with those missing teeth. The whole show is really unique and fun. The writing and acting all seems to be on point, and the 80's shit is just perfect.

It also makes me wish I'd played D&D as a kid. My mom's boyfriend was big into it growing up (in the 70's), and he ended up giving me a lot of his books. But I didn't have any nerds to play with. I remember being probably around the age of the kids in the show though, and reading the fuck out of those books. I loved the illustrations of all the races and monsters. Shit, I'd plan out characters that I'd never play.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just finished. Good shit.

Every time I saw Matthew Modine in this show, I thought of this:

It's a weird 80's cult classic, if you haven't heard of it. Strange that it comes to mind and not Full Metal Jacket, but whatever. I guess cause Vision Quest is more 80's.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Btw, for those that like the Soundtrack, this guy put together a nice list of the type of music in the theme (Apart from the band who did it, which was linked earlier.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'll echo that the season as a whole was very enjoyable. I'm too young to be nostalgic about the 80s, but they really nailed what I felt watching classic 80s films. It's nice when a show is written well but doesn't take itself too seriously.

The child actors were also pretty impressive. There were definitely some groan inducing scenes, but they were presented in such a way that they could easily be interpreted as intentional and a throwback to their 80s inspirations.

I'm looking forward to season 2.

• 1Like