Stranger Things

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
This is the only show that has turned me into a missionary, heading out into the world of heathens as a messenger for the 80's.

Best product from Netflix.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I just started it last night, nice to have a show I can watch with my daughter and still be intriguing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished this last night. I really enjoyed it, they nailed the 80's vibe and the overall story was pretty well done. Also those kids all nailed their roles!

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Started watching this show as a recommendation and the wife and I loved it. Great 80's references and certainly one of the best things on Netflix.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Found the whole season to be very satisfying and the setups for next season are strong. Could go multiple ways.

• 1Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This show was almost perfect. They nailed everything from music and atmosphere down to the font that they use for the opening title. The setup for next season felt great and was a good teaser without needing to leave vital pieces of this season's story remain a mystery

• 2Like

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Binged the whole thing last week. Finally convinced the wife to watch and she hasn't put it down (bonus, I get a 2nd go-round). Picking up small things I missed the first time around is fun too.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Just watched the first episode, holy shit that was some POWERFUL nostalgia when the kids were playing D&D in the basement. It's a few years older than me, but in 89 I was playing just like that, rocking the brand new second edition. My wife was with me and I was like "Dude, there are a bunch of Kobolds AND a boss? You're a fucking moron if you don't fireball those fuckers...at least 5d6 damage, fuck those kobolds up even if the big bad saves.....And shit, you want under a 13, you have to roll low to fail a save!" (You can tell the writers played later editions:p)......

My wife turned and said "you are such a nerd"...LOL....Pfft, she's just mad because she didn't start playing until 4th edition.

M

MintBerryCrunch

Fucking loved this series.. Loved the intro too. Reminded me of V: The Final Battle with the red letter and slow zoom. Great music -- very reminiscent of John Carpenter's works.

My only complaint is that I wish they didn't leave it open for continuation. Not sure where the story can go from here without feeling contrived.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just finished watching this and absolutely loved it. I don't usually care for child actors, but all of these were great. I was particularly impressed with Eleven, but none of them were bad. Loved the Chief too, he was my favorite character.

Even the intro music was goddamn perfect for an 80s show.

• 2Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
Just finished the series. 80's vibe was spot on. All acting was top notch, with Eleven being an absolute stand out. That kid can act!

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
My favorite new show. Loved it.

tumblr_oaq160misn1tdmwb4o1_1280.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Just got around to watching this the last day or so, read through this thread and some of the links posted too. I'm glad the ET references were intended by the creators, I was getting a heavy ET vibe after the first episodes. Thought maybe it was mostly in my head.

Enjoyable show, have some reservations about a 2nd season but I hope they pull it off well. The brothers seem very smart in reading interviews with them, so it doesn't seem like this was a fluke exactly, but just not sure where they can take that story that won't feel like a let down.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I watched it last week then told my wife to check it. She liked it a lot.

• 1Like

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
We finished this yesterday. My wife normally has zero interest in any kind of sci-fi stuff, but we both loved the show.

There really wasn't much to complain about, but if I were to put on my internet asshole hat, I'd say a couple spots of writing were a bit too lazy and predictable. Those were made all the more obvious given the high quality of the rest of the show. Also, the monster effects were pretty dodgy when it was lit fully. Everything else was great. Also, I'm struggling to think of things more awesome than Christmas as a kid in the 80s.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I figured the slightly dodgy monster effects were in keeping with the homage feel of it.