Strategery games.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So I have GTAV on my desk, never opened. I bought Bioshock:Infinite a while back and never played it. What am I playing when I'm not half paying attention to hearthstone at the moment?

Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Seriously, what happened to the stickiness you had with Civ II, the Tycoon games, and other games of their ilk? New Simcity is awful, new Civ is like 55% as addicting as CivII(even now). Hell, I spent more time with Faster Than Light(which cost like $11 to make) than I did with the second Bioshock.

Maybe I'm just getting old but now if it's not competitive it seems like there is zero replay value to anything. Aside from the Grand History games are there any games out there with any depth to them nowadays?

I'm jonesing for a goddamn game called Prison Architect at the moment. This is ridiculous.

Noahx

N00b
I feel for ya ... I'm looking for a game that brings back the same play of Brigadine, an old PS game. Played the crap out of that game and loved every minute of it. Today everything is Movie-interaction / story telling

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Space Hulk
Sang-Froid
Eador
Settlers 7
Cities XL(I like it better than Sim City)
Craft The World
Kings Bounty
Avadon The Black Fortres
Grotesque Tactics
The Last Remnant
Disciples III
Breath of Death VII(which is under a dollar right now)
Wizardry 8
Costume Quest
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

I could go on for quite a while, you just aren't looking hard enough.

Caliane

heroes of might and magic 6? xcom? tropico? Fallen enchantress?
kings bounty series.
The varies TCG's talked about? hearthstong, magic, or might and magic tcg.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Theme Hospital and Startopia were two of my favorites. They both had a great dose of humor and the gameplay was highly addicting.

Startopia is actually on sale on Steam for $2.79. I'm buying it just so I have a version that runs on a modern computer. Been a long time since I played it...

Caliane

PS. Fallen Enchantress is on a flash sale on steam RIGHT NOW.
75% off. $5
It is not as good as Civ5 or Heroes of M&M 6, imho though. but for five bucks..

Noahx

N00b
Space Hulk
Sang-Froid
Eador
Settlers 7
Cities XL(I like it better than Sim City)
Craft The World
Kings Bounty
Avadon The Black Fortres
Grotesque Tactics
The Last Remnant
Disciples III
Breath of Death VII(which is under a dollar right now)
Wizardry 8
Costume Quest
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

I could go on for quite a while, you just aren't looking hard enough.
Yeah, there are plenty of options for the type of game Brigadine is but I struggle to find a good mix of fantasy/medieval that seems to have decent combat scenes vs just map battles. Ill take a look at the few you mentioned but any suggestions people have that match close to my reqs would be great.

Looks like Heros of M&M might be great

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, there are plenty of options for the type of game Brigadine is but I struggle to find a good mix of fantasy/medieval that seems to have decent combat scenes vs just map battles. Ill take a look at the few you mentioned but any suggestions people have that match close to my reqs would be great.

Better off getting a PSP emulator working properly and playingPSP - Jeanne Darc - Gameplay - YouTubeno massive battles like brigadine but still a really good game. That or check out Fire emblem for DS.

niss_sl

shitlord
I miss all the tycoon type games that have now become extinct. Roller coaster tycoon, pharaoh, other city building games, etc..

Caliane

I miss all the tycoon type games that have now become extinct. Roller coaster tycoon, pharaoh, other city building games, etc..
minecraft, dwarf fortress, gnomoria, castles, etc.

Tropico

A number of browser based games fit here. Things like travien, etc.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
HoMM 6 was pretty boring, but an improvement over HoMM 5 in terms of execution. I suppose my largest gripes are: the factions largely play the same, the the unit diversity is illusory, and the depth is quite shallow. The boss fights and storytelling are mildly interesting, but few and far between. You'd think the multiplayer maps might add some life to the game, but they lack any sense of exploration and come off as jarringly balanced/bland. The maps, on the highest difficulty, get a bit long, boring, and tedious (e.g minimize losses, spec your hero to minimize losses, and slowly roll yourself across the map, repeat). The legacy weapons, depending on the legacy weapon, can be absolutely game breaking, but nice for breezing through a play-through.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Fantasy General was great back in the day. There's one on Steam called Fantasy Wars that might fit the bill, but I haven't played it (Found it while searching to see if Fantasy General was on there). It has a 67/100 but let's face it, Brigandine was probably lower than that, although I used to play the hell out of it as well.

Edit: I want to say Elven Legacy was good as well, which came after Fantasy Wars.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
+1 for fantasy wars I completely forgot about that one. Good times, but really ducks when you lose a high level troop which is unavoidable if you want to get the objectives in time later.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If you want to go (relatively) old school strategy giveDominusa try. I haven't played it in like 15 years so maybe it's nostalgia talking, but it is a bad ass strategy/adventure/action hybrid. It sounds weird, but all of the pieces work really well together.

I'm the only person I know who has ever played it, let alone who has ever even heard of it.

iannis

Musty Nester
crusader kings 2 suite $$$
Honestly, how long does it take to learn that game?

I remember games like that on the Amiga / C128 (Menu driven instead of graphic driven, one in particular I remember. It was like a star empire or something. I think it had Orion or Titans in its name). That shit took about a month to just learn how to play, and then the games themselves would easily go on for 50+ hours.

Just looking at that game gave me a woody though, until I remembered how frustrating they were when I used to play them as a kid.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well all it took me to crusader kings2 was playing the demo and watching the lets play by j?jonjeremy on 'tube.
Given both are dated and the patches since then made a smoother but harder level game play, i was still hooked and learned the basics.
Now im 250+ hours deep in still my first session and while no longer real challenging i still enjoy administring my empire, wish they wouldnt release so many dlcs which i loathe and refuse to buy in general since i always think of them as a cash grab when theres no season pass available.