Street Fighter 5

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Forgot I actually have a x360 fight stick from SFIV, may actually pick this up on Steam since I wouldn't need to buy another stick.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If your PC isn't a potato there's little reason to get it on PS4 over PC. PC supports basically any stick you have sitting around, has mods (so Mika can keep her ass slap), and is the same online platform as PS4 anyway.

sebur

Bronze Squire
It doesn't support PS sticks of any flavor natively because lol japanese devs. It's using the xbox x-input controller stuff despite it being a ps4/pc exclusive, so if you have a PS-based stick for now you have to use joy2key to emulate keyboard controls.
I was thinking this but it has been so long since I had to use any modification to actually use my PS4 controller on my PC I forgot about people making this stupid design decision. Thanks for the info now I can actually play the game!

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Many years ago I kinda regretted getting the Xbox SF4 tournament fight stick. I'm so glad I did right now.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I didnt buy this one, mainly bc of the modes that arent in. I could just be nitpicking but since im fairly casual on my fighters(until Tekken) i will wait till the Ultra or Hyper edition(you know its coming) when everything is in place.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didnt buy this one, mainly bc of the modes that arent in. I could just be nitpicking but since im fairly casual on my fighters(until Tekken) i will wait till the Ultra or Hyper edition(you know its coming) when everything is in place.
They already said they are doing updates/patches instead of releasing different editions. It makes sense since it won't segregate players who play casually. They can fire up the game any time and play online against other noobs (and also easier entry for noobs). They are already releasing new characters as DLCs, so it's pretty unlikely there will be a Super Ultra Street Fighter 5 Turbo Championship edition.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is Ryu high tier a good assumption? I didn't play the beta, and he looks strong from early streams.
Ryu is very good, i wouldn't say the best but high tier or high-mid at the very least imo

I think Chun is going to be one of the best characters in the long run. Her and Rashid are incredibly good lol

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They already said they are doing updates/patches instead of releasing different editions. It makes sense since it won't segregate players who play casually. They can fire up the game any time and play online against other noobs (and also easier entry for noobs). They are already releasing new characters as DLCs, so it's pretty unlikely there will be a Super Ultra Street Fighter 5 Turbo Championship edition.
There has always been one hasnt there? I mean fuck ive been playing SF since its first arcade version and ever since SF2 hasnt there been some variation released afterwards? Why stop now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ryu is very good, i wouldn't say the best but high tier or high-mid at the very least imo

I think Chun is going to be one of the best characters in the long run. Her and Rashid are incredibly good lol
Rashid is the Fuerte of this game. He's flashy and full of pressure options, but a lot of them are fake and just be mashed out of. He'll be pure cancer for online play.

Dictator looks pretty top tier unless he ate the nerf bat since the betas, along with Chun and Sim.

Not that any of it matters currently though, game is still completely unplayable. I haven't had a match fire at all today and have left it idling for 45+ minutes multiple times while at work.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Servers are going down in 50 minutes to 'apply a fix', ETA is 3 hours downtime. Lets hope that shit fixes it!

I think he has some gimmicks but i don't think he's that bad in a sense of being fuerte lol, he also has some of the best pressure in the game with his LP spin attack being -2. He's going to body characters like zangief for free

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Servers are going down in 50 minutes to 'apply a fix', ETA is 3 hours downtime. Lets hope that shit fixes it!

I think he has some gimmicks but i don't think he's that bad in a sense of being fuerte lol, he also has some of the best pressure in the game with his LP spin attack being -2. He's going to body characters like zangief for free
Giefs hulk up can soak an entire LP spin unless they nerfed it from the betas so you can train Rashids off that pressure spam pretty easy. It's a shit fight all around for sure though with Gief having 4 frame statups on lights and his lariat being something dogshit like 10.

Bels_sl

shitlord
my handle is gwailo. i'm terrible but happy to spar with anyone who wants. should get a forum tournament going at some pt.

Column_sl

shitlord
Servers were finally up long enough where I could complete Story mode. Pretty much every character was in there from all the previous street fighters.

They definitely setting up the new generation with Mel, Lei, and Ed as the villain.

This game will have a shit ton of characters with them releasing one per month. In the prima guide there was a bunch of new designs that looked pretty cool.

Also FYI Survival mode was a bitch to get all the colors. I'm on Hell mode now ,and it is just dumb.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Survival mode is complete balls. I'll just throw money at colors whenever they put that in rather than grind through 50 fuckin rounds with every character.