stupidest TV show of the year 2015 - The Slap NBC

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Err, yes, it's an adaptation of a well regarded foreign show. So "stupidest show" may not be accurate.

"Stupidest Press Release", on the other hand? This show has got it on lock. From the scheduling announcement NBC put out:

"But what the hosts and guests don?t know is that this moment will ignite a chain of events that will uncover long-buried secrets within this group of friends and family ... and vigorously challenge the core values of everyone involved."

Vigorously challenge the core values? Is this an additional verse toYankovic - Mission Statement - YouTube?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I dunno. I kind of want to hit that little long-haired faggot too.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It does look powerful, but not like something I want to watch. I think it's important to show that people who think they need to hit a kid are just as normal or fucked up as anyone else, and I HOPE this does that. It's still a social norm. They're not demons that want to cook jews and hang blacks. I was hit often as a child, and while I think it was stupid and unproductive, I don't think it traumatized me. I don't even hate my dad for that. I hate him for many other things. I think what's more likely to traumatize the kid is for you to act like this IS a huge deal that will scar them mentally forever. Physical pain and assholes are both normal parts of life. Kids need to learn to deal with it or they'll grow up to be insufferable douchebags. I just don't think wailing on a kid is generally a good way to deliver that lesson. It never convinced me that something was or wasn't right when I was young.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah its stupid, all this could be resolved before the first commercial break of one episode, but they are going to milk this for a season and hopefully seasons? utterly ridiculous

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
yeah its stupid, all this could be resolved before the first commercial break of one episode, but they are going to milk this for a season and hopefully seasons? utterly ridiculous
Maybe they will go all "Prison Break" and the family will run for it.....

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's supposed to be an 8 episode "television event", which is what they're calling miniseries now apparently. But I hope it gets more than one season, because I want to see this bethe plot for the second season.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
dear lord the way they parent kids these day, i believe tiger mom is the way to go.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I might have to sue the makers of this show for stealing my original TV script: The Dropkick.

In the pilot episode, a man walks into a preschool and starts dropkicking kids. Granted, I didn't really get past the initial dropkicking a lot of kids plot, but this show sounds pretty similar.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well I think from there you'd form an underground group of child dropkickers, and go on to reform education as we know it. Save the world, get the girl.

iannis

Musty Nester
It does look powerful, but not like something I want to watch. I think it's important to show that people who think they need to hit a kid are just as normal or fucked up as anyone else, and I HOPE this does that. It's still a social norm. They're not demons that want to cook jews and hang blacks. I was hit often as a child, and while I think it was stupid and unproductive, I don't think it traumatized me. I don't even hate my dad for that. I hate him for many other things. I think what's more likely to traumatize the kid is for you to act like this IS a huge deal that will scar them mentally forever. Physical pain and assholes are both normal parts of life. Kids need to learn to deal with it or they'll grow up to be insufferable douchebags. I just don't think wailing on a kid is generally a good way to deliver that lesson. It never convinced me that something was or wasn't right when I was young.
It did convince me not to do certain things though, or realize that if I wanted to do certain things I had to be clever enough about it that pops didn't notice.

Hell, it was never even that bad getting walloped by my folks. But the daycare lady used to spank us when we fucked up her house. She used a fucking ping pong paddle!!!

After you knocked 1 lamp over you learned very quickly to STOP KNOCKING LAMPS OVER.