Succession

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Ken is capable of playing the game. I don't think the show has shown he's actually capable at business. All of his ideas were failures or failed to launch.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This is odd. From Google's Bard with the prompt, 'Give me a summary of the finale of HBO's Succession":

Sure. The finale of HBO's Succession, titled "With Open Eyes," aired on May 28, 2023. The episode picks up with Kendall Roy (Jeremy Strong) attempting to rally support to stop the GoJo merger. He meets with his siblings, Roman (Kieran Culkin) and Shiv (Sarah Snook), and their mother, Caroline (Harriet Walter), in an attempt to get them on his side. However, they all have their own reasons for wanting the merger to go through.

Kendall eventually gets the votes he needs to stop the merger, but he is betrayed by Shiv, who votes in favor of the deal. This leaves Kendall feeling betrayed and alone. He goes on a bender and ends up crashing his car. He is taken to the hospital, where he is visited by Logan (Brian Cox). Logan tells Kendall that he is proud of him for trying to stop the merger, but he also tells him that he is not ready to be CEO.

The episode ends with the GoJo merger going through. Logan is named CEO of the new company, and Tom Wambsgans (Matthew Macfadyen) is named his number two. The Roy family is still in control of Waystar Royco, but they are a changed family. The power struggle has taken its toll on them all, and they are all struggling to find their place in the new world order.

The finale of Succession was met with critical acclaim. Critics praised the episode for its complex characters, its sharp writing, and its stunning visuals. The episode was also a ratings success, drawing in over 10 million viewers.

The finale of Succession was a fitting end to a brilliant series. The episode was a satisfying conclusion to the story of the Roy family, and it left viewers with a lot to think about. Succession is a show that will be talked about for years to come, and the finale is a testament to its greatness.

AI hallucinations?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is odd. From Google's Bard with the prompt, 'Give me a summary of the finale of HBO's Succession":

Sure. The finale of HBO's Succession, titled "With Open Eyes," aired on May 28, 2023. The episode picks up with Kendall Roy (Jeremy Strong) attempting to rally support to stop the GoJo merger. He meets with his siblings, Roman (Kieran Culkin) and Shiv (Sarah Snook), and their mother, Caroline (Harriet Walter), in an attempt to get them on his side. However, they all have their own reasons for wanting the merger to go through.

Kendall eventually gets the votes he needs to stop the merger, but he is betrayed by Shiv, who votes in favor of the deal. This leaves Kendall feeling betrayed and alone. He goes on a bender and ends up crashing his car. He is taken to the hospital, where he is visited by Logan (Brian Cox). Logan tells Kendall that he is proud of him for trying to stop the merger, but he also tells him that he is not ready to be CEO.

The episode ends with the GoJo merger going through. Logan is named CEO of the new company, and Tom Wambsgans (Matthew Macfadyen) is named his number two. The Roy family is still in control of Waystar Royco, but they are a changed family. The power struggle has taken its toll on them all, and they are all struggling to find their place in the new world order.

The finale of Succession was met with critical acclaim. Critics praised the episode for its complex characters, its sharp writing, and its stunning visuals. The episode was also a ratings success, drawing in over 10 million viewers.

The finale of Succession was a fitting end to a brilliant series. The episode was a satisfying conclusion to the story of the Roy family, and it left viewers with a lot to think about. Succession is a show that will be talked about for years to come, and the finale is a testament to its greatness.

AI hallucinations?
Bard doesn't have an HBO subscription.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
My take

Kendall when in the heat of it is VERY CAPABLE. Hes show it it many times, and the most recent when he was on stage while Mattson was tweeting about nazis. He nailed it. The problem is hes a manic personality with highs and lows. He Finally was annointed and the first thing he did was kick his feet up on his dads desk and talk about making his best friend Chair of the board cause he was "Grilled cheese and a sucked dick" and shiv realized hes shit. And so did roman. And neither could stomach losing to Kendall when hes a Peak and valleys guy who is one bad day from ending the company.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
so the kids refused to lose to kendall, knowing he would never treat them as equals, and took the deal.

Shiv gets to show Tom she loves him, even though she doesnt, and gets to live as a kept woman.

Roman finally gets to admit he doesnt want to me in charge and just live his life.

Kendall is going to kill himself

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
so in the end, Tom Wins, Greg lives, Karolina and Gerri win

Frank, Karl and Hugo are out

Roman seems in a good spot

Shiv is in a bad spot

Kendall has no spot

and Jess gets to live like a queen

LKets not forget each kid walks away with 3-5 billion

Connor wins, WIlla is fucked

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Wait what…do you mean Willa is literally fucked?

She is a whore that married a billionaire. She is the winner of the show.

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Wait what…do you mean Willa is literally fucked?

She is a whore that married a billionaire. She is the winner of the show.

She wanted to stay in NYC whilst Connor got an overseas diplomat post. Her face was visibly disappointed when she heard that might not happen

spronk

FPS noob
we binged through the entire show in the last 3 weeks, good stuff. I don't think I'd quite put it at the top of peak TV lists like Dark, Breaking Bad, Wire, etc but its definitely near the bottom of that list or at the top of tier 2 television.

We actually had to stop and take a break after season 4, episode 3. Not because of any sense of loss at a characters death but because it felt like a nuke went off.

When you binge watch it one thing that really stands out is how absolutely incompetent and awful the Roy kids are. The ending makes total sense from that POV. They never BUILT ANYTHING by themselves. All they were ever doing is making deals, and doing it extremely poorly. They were god awful at relationships and reading people, constantly fucking over everyone they did a handshake with or getting fucked over. I felt that was the point of the show, they were the parasites of society who didn't create anything and supremely unqualified to run anything, just like most of the people at the top in the real world. And yet everything mostly still runs ok.

The only minor thing I'd say about the finale is Mattson should have been smarter about the last 24 hours, I thought he was setting up a trap for the Roys when the CEO stuff leaked.

A prequel starring a young Logan Roy might be interesting but I dunno

Emmys next year gonna be wild

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
we binged through the entire show in the last 3 weeks, good stuff. I don't think I'd quite put it at the top of peak TV lists like Dark, Breaking Bad, Wire, etc but its definitely near the bottom of that list or at the top of tier 2 television.

We actually had to stop and take a break after season 4, episode 3. Not because of any sense of loss at a characters death but because it felt like a nuke went off.

When you binge watch it one thing that really stands out is how absolutely incompetent and awful the Roy kids are. The ending makes total sense from that POV. They never BUILT ANYTHING by themselves. All they were ever doing is making deals, and doing it extremely poorly. They were god awful at relationships and reading people, constantly fucking over everyone they did a handshake with or getting fucked over. I felt that was the point of the show, they were the parasites of society who didn't create anything and supremely unqualified to run anything, just like most of the people at the top in the real world. And yet everything mostly still runs ok.

The only minor thing I'd say about the finale is Mattson should have been smarter about the last 24 hours, I thought he was setting up a trap for the Roys when the CEO stuff leaked.

A prequel starring a young Logan Roy might be interesting but I dunno

Emmys next year gonna be wild

Funny, Pedro has no business being on that list imo.

My vote would be Kieran Culkin, I think. I was supremely impressed by his performance throughout, but especially S4E10 obviously.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Funny, Pedro has no business being on that list imo.

My vote would be Kieran Culkin, I think. I was supremely impressed by his performance throughout, but especially S4E10 obviously.
Yeah, I agree that Pedro is a really silly choice.

That said, I think Kieran should win it simply for the acting talent he showed at the funeral. That breakdown felt super genuine and I've seen tons of people grieve that way, myself included(basically act as if you're fine, life moves on, yada yada and then completely "lose it" at some point down the line).

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I agree that Pedro is a really silly choice.

That said, I think Kieran should win it simply for the acting talent he showed at the funeral. That breakdown felt super genuine and I've seen tons of people grieve that way, myself included(basically act as if you're fine, life moves on, yada yada and then completely "lose it" at some point down the line).

Yeah I had to look it up just now because I thought I said this too! I meant the funeral episode, thought it was E10 but I binged S4 so eps 9 and 10 must have run together for me.