Suicide Squad (2016)

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I re-tried to watch this last night.

I really, really wanted to enjoy some of it but was just blown away by how bad every part of this movie is.

Made it about 1/2 way

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, 50 pages of people saying this was bad didn't prepare me for how bad it was..

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
3.5/10 - Could have been much better and done with out 2 or 3 characters on the "team".

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Can we confirm that Jai Courtney peaked as an actor playing Varro in Spartacus: Blood & Sand?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I was also not prepared for just how bad this would be. About the sixth time it switched over to playing a new classic rock song for a ne wintroduction I was ready to shut this off
Damn, 50 pages of people saying this was bad didn't prepare me for how bad it was..
I am in the same boat, I never thought that this could be as bad as it was. The first 30 - 40 minutes felt like they were trying to recreate the title crawl from Watchmen but they somehow fucked it up so gloriously that they've managed to make Zack Snyder look like a competent director. The plot is filled with such ridiculous circular logic that I can't even try to pick apart the individual pieces without seeing more issues which sucks because Ayer usually has that same, vignette, style but he's able to tie them into the big picture before he is completely unable to close the deal and wrap up his story properly.

He just has no knowledge of pacing and tone I guess. End of Watch was almost incredible up until the very last scenes. This went from me wanting to turn it off to a mess of bizarre plot points to a bit of a good movie then back into nonsensical garbage again. I'd rate this movie lower than Rob Zombie's 31. At least that didn't try to prop on the facade of having some deep seeded meaning. Rob Zombie actually could have handled this way better using almost the same formula as 31, at least he would have had some studio execs reigning in his psycho circus bullshit to the point where that tone would have made this movie make more sense.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can we confirm that Jai Courtney peaked as an actor playing Varro in Spartacus: Blood & Sand?
He was also fine in Jack Reacher, not sure if its his roles he keeps getting or if he is just that bad

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Watched the extended cut. Liked it. Wasn't that bad. Thought bats v supes extended was better.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Pretty hard to top that role for him but yeah. I still like him, though. He was the shit on that show.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This type of movie is what happens when you get a group of guys together who have too much money, inflated egos and the desire to make even more money by pumping their movies with fan service.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty hard to top that role for him but yeah. I still like him, though. He was the shit on that show.
Im not the biggest fan of that show but I didnt care fore him until his death which I think is more from the story which was pretty basic.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider

There's a well-publicized set of actors (Courtney, Dermot Mulroney, etc.) that keep getting work despite virtually no one enjoying their finished product.

They are apparently all charismatic as hell... in person (which is why casting directors keep giving them work), with none of that translating to the multiple takes required in a film (which is why everyone hates their work).

Basically, film an improv comedian doing the same bit 20 times with no variation. Nearly all of them will be terrible. (There have been some exceptions - Eddie Murphy, Jim Carrey, Robin Williams - but even how hated most of their later work has been tells you how hard spontaneous charisma translates to the screen.)

Edit: This isn't a good movie, but the internet seriously doesn't think it is worse than BvS, does it?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Im not the biggest fan of that show but I didnt care fore him until his death which I think is more from the story which was pretty basic.

Lol, I should have edited my post. He wasn't the shit but he was ok. Now Whitfield and Bennett? They were the shit.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
txmmldl4dw9nUyagy-Uw4O8gGGh76zIBzItMLCl27mQ.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
This was Eye Bleach bad.... I stopped at the chopper scene when Harleyquinn met up with the joker.. I'll never get this hour of my life back

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users