Suicide Squad (2016)

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure what you guys were expecting a cross between Jack Nicolson and Heath Ledger? Of course they were gonna go crazy with the look. I like Ayer's films so gonna give that joker look a pass for now.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I looked at the picture again, and I actually think that might be Zsasz and not Joker.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got bored.

waUFZr2.jpg

A9hZI6b.gif

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not really. Grimey nailed it, that's not joker that's zsasz pretending to be joker. Joker isn't a maniac, he's a sociopath. Two very different afflictions.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Wtf is this shit? I guess they wanted his mouth wide open to show off the metal, but wtf should have just went with the traditional creepy smile.
Had no hope it would be any good anyways, just amazing how DC is fucking up the casting on multiple movies.

Better shoop.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Meh, it's a picture. Tattoos aren't going to sway me one way or another, it's the performance. I didn't think Heath Ledgers look was anything to write home about really. But he put his soul into the part.

Jared Leto is a pretty good actor, and I am glad they are at least trying to add some separation between this Joker and former Jokers.

So I'll see how it plays.

I'm actually more worried about Will Smith, who I think is a mediocre actor and plays the same action role over and over again in these types of movies.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Joker doesn't seem like a character that would give a shit about tattoo's. They would make more sense if they were just scars from self-inflicted wounds, this guy just looks like a hipster joker. ;p

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
I think they ttried to turn it to 11 and slipped into 12...which is not a good thing. They overdid the crazy IMO. Joker is not some random tattoo'd thug, i imagine he doesn't give a rat's ass about tattoo's. The joker was the most menacing because behind that whitened face you'd see someone who is highly intelligent who can snap at any given moment. Too calm for his own comfort really. This one just looks like they try to make him be batshit (no pun intended) crazy. In the comics they often labelled him as insane, but he isn't. The Joker knows EXACTLY what he's doing, and that makes him so dangerous.

At least they got that right with Heath's portrayal of the joker. Despite Heath's Joker looking different, not per se bad, they got the character almost right. The only thing that threw me off with that joker is he never looked at the people he killed. He doesn't seem to be enjoying the moment. On the upside, they nailed it when he got pissed off and frustrated when they called him crazy.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think the best description I've heard so far is that he looks "designed by committee"

Like a bunch of shit-huffing execs sat down in a room and said "Let's design the Joker!"

"Ooooh, let's give him a bunch of intense tattoos! Oh! And make one of them an exact copy of how his laugh looks in the comic books. Die-hard fans will really appreciate that!"

"Let's forego subtlety and have a very clear, clean tattoo of the word 'damaged' on his forehead -- just in case casual viewers weren't sure what this guy's deal is."

"Sir! Can I recommend a tear-drop tattoo? It's been known to symbolize murder in some prison circles."

"Brilliant idea! But howabout instead of a teardrop, we make it the letter 'J'... FOR JOKER!"

"Also, let's give him a grill! That's popular with youth culture these days, and signifies a disrespect for authority!"

"Wow, great job today everyone. Some really great ideas. I'll see you all later at the executive circle jerk. I'll bring the lube."

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The only way this makes sense to me is that they're going for a Sid and Nancy thing. Since Harley Quinn is such a major part of Suicide Squad, maybe they felt like the Joker needed to be an alluring character for women in the same vein as a shock rocker like Manson.

Or they're fucking retarded. Maybe both.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
After the Mandarin character was raped for Iron Man and everyone told me it wasn't a big deal... I'm glad to see this. Now you all know how I felt.
tongue.png