Suicide Squad... the next "Arkham" game

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Why do games these days have such a focus on neon blue/pink? That colour scheme is in so many games now.

My guess is that it has more to do with the "outrun/synthwave" influenced crowds has made its way into the art department norm. It had a prominent surge 2010+ and pretty much all the new guys are basically walking out of college into these roles by this point. It's been around for a long time, no doubt 1980s, tron, blade runner, nostalgia, vice.. ect. Other than that, the color theory major I know says the color complimentary is gender neutralness bullshit, but i'm pretty sure thats more related to flat blue/pink combo and not neon. /shrug, just a guess given the last 10 years.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna guess it's either a brawler or something like Saints Row or Infamous.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the reason its "7 years" is because those first two years were spent making a Superman game. I remember those rumors happening then died down. You ain't wrong about wanting gameplay cause I rather have that, but hold on on those hot takes
which is still 1 year longer than the gap between arkham city and akham knight which itself was delayed. 7 years is a retarded long time.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
which is still 1 year longer than the gap between arkham city and akham knight which itself was delayed. 7 years is a retarded long time.
did you not understand what I said? Two of those years won't on this game. Metropolis is probably a reused asset that's been expanded on. Second, this isn't an Arkham game, why would you expect it to have the same length of development? The game is even next-gen, it's not showing up on the ps4 and xbone. So that adds work to move those assets to next-gen, then add the fact that they probably using the new hardware to benefit the game. let's not bring up how covid has been a thorn in everyone's ass. Saying that is ridiculous especially when we're expected to play the game in two years

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Jesus. I should just stick to Japanese games nowadays because they actually value feminine-looking female characters. Case in point, Genshin Impact Aloy versus Horizon 2 Aloy. Been playing Code Vein and it's the same deal there, the females are feminine as fuck.

Anyway I got super-excited when I saw "the next Arkham game" in the title here, that died down a bit when I saw the "kill that evil white cis!" poster, then died down the rest of the way after reading further. This doesn't really look like an Arkham game, it's gonna be something weird.

I would have played the absolute shit out of an Arkham-style Superman game, something the genre and DC itself could desperately use. Or even a WW game. Hell, do both and then do an Arkham-style Justice League game with them plus Batman and add Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg. Oh well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The DC Fandome trailer.

Narrative trailer rather than gameplay (which wasn't a huge shock, since I think this is still supposed to be coming out after Gotham Knights), but what they showed looks good. Get a good look at a bunch of the Justice League characters. Also looks surprisingly narrative-heavy for something that was rumored to be a GAAS.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol @ the false implication that anything is going to be changed because of fan backlash when the backlash was to basically every single facet of the game.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Clickbait title but good summary of the troubled development this game has had in under 4 minutes.

If a video is too long, this picture sums it up

SuicideSquad01.JPG

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The game looks good imo. Better than Gotham Knights. I just want to be hopefully optimistic. We'll see how it looks after launch.