Suits

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brad2770

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Suits

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2011-06-23

Creator: Aaron Korsh

Cast: Sarah Rafferty, Gabriel Macht, Rick Hoffman, Katherine Heigl, Dulé Hill

Overview: While running from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant young college-dropout, slips into a job interview with one of New York City's best legal closers, Harvey Specter. Tired of cookie-cutter law school grads, Harvey takes a gamble by hiring Mike on the spot after he recognizes his raw talent and photographic memory. Mike and Harvey are a winning team. Even though Mike is a genius, he still has a lot to learn about law. And while Harvey may seem like an emotionless, cold-blooded shark, Mike's sympathy and concern for their cases and clients will help remind Harvey why he went into law in the first place. Mike's other allies in the office include the firm's best paralegal Rachel and Harvey's no-nonsense assistant Donna to help him serve justice. Proving to be an irrepressible duo and invaluable to the practice, Mike and Harvey must keep their secret from everyone including managing partner Jessica and Harvey's arch nemesis Louis, who seems intent on making Mike's life as difficult as possible.

Brad2770

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 63733[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Suits[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2011-06-23[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]While running from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant young college-dropout, slips into a job interview with one of New York City's best legal closers, Harvey Specter. Tired of cookie-cutter law school grads, Harvey takes a gamble by hiring Mike on the spot after he recognizes his raw talent and photographic memory. Mike and Harvey are a winning team. Even though Mike is a genius, he still has a lot to learn about law. And while Harvey may seem like an emotionless, cold-blooded shark, Mike's sympathy and concern for their cases and clients will help remind Harvey why he went into law in the first place. Mike's other allies in the office include the firm's best paralegal Rachel and Harvey's no-nonsense assistant Donna to help him serve justice. Proving to be an irrepressible duo and invaluable to the practice, Mike and Harvey must keep their secret from everyone including managing partner Jessica and Harvey's arch nemesis Louis, who seems intent on making Mike's life as difficult as possible.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

The last 6 episodes of season 2 start up on Jan. 17th on USA. The show is pretty good, for those that do not watch.

(EDIT) Changed from the 7th to 17th. Typo.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
It's actually back on the 17th, you should be "Litt Up!" for telling such terrible lies
frown.png

Suits is ok but I don't think it really matters much that they are lawyers. All of the cases they handle seem to be after thoughts to their interpersonal conflicts.

The law office is just a setting for them to act out their drama. They could be wallstreet brokers, elite bankers, or shady international businessmen and they wouldn't have to change much of the current story to make it work.

Old guy mentors new young "unqualified" apprentice and there is a power struggle over who is in charge while they each work out their relationships with female companions (which seem to be identical but at different stages of development).

If the court cases were more compelling and thought provoking it would definitely help the show out imo. Right now it just comes across as a law office soap opera. Who will he sleep with next!! Does it matter? Do they have to rehash the on again off again relationship between mike and racheal every season in a plot loop. The show seems to emphasize their inability to form a relationship and mike's lack of credentials over and over.

It gets repetitive and I would hope they can resolve that and move onto a newer fresher story idea.

It is better than Franklin and Bash though and seeing as all the Law and Orders are dying off this is about all there is left to watch that is law based. (and besides a few episodes I can't seem to get into SVU either. yah bad shit happens, but I'm not entertained by kids getting raped or any other shit like that)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hopefully they just wanted to recenter the characters for the start of the new season so people who didn't watch understand that Mike is supposedly the "good" guy but yeah it was over the top, and god the fucking love story shit was also terrible. Liked Louis though.

Naxus_sl

shitlord
The "ermahgerd we must protect Mike's Harvard secret" while threatening to fire Mike simultaneously can only go on for so long and be rehashed so many times.

Just fast forwarded this on my DVR.

It looks like they are doubling down on the relationship drama.

... and the court case they used for a back drop to the drama... :facepalm:

Mir_sl

shitlord
Love the show, but I feel like they have taken every character in a great direction (with Mike being the exception I suppose), then immediately balked and walked it back. Louis being a pimp, Harvey having feelings, etc. and then they basically walked it all back so we could rehash the same tired storyline we've seen for 2 seasons. I don't understand why they're so afraid of going for story and characters that aren't so predictable.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Boring rubbish.
Mike and Rachel drama ..
frown.png

Onoes .. Mike's secret is about to be uncovered ..
frown.png

If they want to just turn it into another shipper special for the laydeez then they are going about it the right way for sure.
For example, why was Mike taking any crap from Rachel at all? She knocked him back, she doesn't then get to lock his junk down indefinitely.
It's getting beyond believable that Jessica would keep Mike around with all this going on. He's basically a unexploded land mine at the heart of the firm.
It's going to take some really sharp writing to save this now.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats the Suits I love, one of my favorite episodes in a while. Louis was fantastic a long with Harvey, mike not being a pussy was good also. Louis does such a good job with that character, constantly feel bad and hate the guy. The interaction between Louis/Harvey was money especially the silence at the end of the episode

I can't even bring myself to watch the episode recorded this week. I think I'm going to delete the show from my dvr. If there's a huge jump in the nielsen rating I'll go back and watch this season. For now I'm sure there are better things to watch.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database