Sully (2016)

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sully (2016)

Tagline: THE UNTOLD STORY BEHIND THE MIRACLE ON THE HUDSON

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Clint Eastwood

Cast: Tom Hanks, Aaron Eckhart, Laura Linney, Anna Gunn, Autumn Reeser, Holt McCallany, Mike O'Malley, Jamey Sheridan, Jerry Ferrara, Molly Hagan, Max Adler, Sam Huntington, Wayne Bastrup, Valerie Mahaffey, Jeff Kober, Chris Bauer, Katie Couric, Michael Rapaport, Vincent Lombardi, Cooper Thornton, Noelle Fink, Doris McCarthy, Purva Bedi, Christopher Curry, Grant Roberts, Graham Sibley, Ann Cusack, Patch Darragh, Shaun Rey, Shane P. Allen, Justin Michael Woods, Tommy McInnis, Kyle Julian Graham, Marc Chouen, Jane Gabbert, Lynn Marocola, Blake Jones, Kamron Leal, Laura Lundy Wheale, Michael Joseph Donlan, Kelly L. Moran

Release: 2016-09-08

Runtime: 96

Plot: On January 15, 2009, the world witnessed the "Miracle on the Hudson" when Captain "Sully" Sullenberger glided his disabled plane onto the frigid waters of the Hudson River, saving the lives of all 155 aboard. However, even as Sully was being heralded by the public and the media for his unprecedented feat of aviation skill, an investigation was unfolding that threatened to destroy his reputation and his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Looks pretty compelling. I'm struggling to think of a Clint Eastwood directed movie that I didn't like.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I love Captain Sullenberger. This looks like that Denzel movie but better. Will def watch.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Wish it was about this guy instead:

latest

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
My wife worked for the US Air Lines Pilots union at the time, I remember that night really well. Sully's union rallied behind him big time. Wife met him and the co-pilot after the landing. Definite must see.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm sure Hanks will be great but is there really enough story here for a full length film?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yes but I'm sure it will be a technical drama, so if aviation bores you to death it will probably be dull.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I liked the Denzel version, at least up until he took the blame over a dead person (retarded). I'll check this out.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm more of an "overall experience" kind of movie watcher and don't let little shit (like the two scenes you linked) ruin the whole movie for me. Somehow I'm actually becoming easier to please as I get older.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It says a lot that you guys and Americans think a failed comedian whose string of failures suddenly led to one of the most awarded (and even decorated) drama careers makes good movies. And a grizzled b actor turned director is now one of the best directors of his time.

We are absolutely the biggest bunch of phillistines in history. Jesus fuck these two are twats that have exploited every hero in the past century and now they've joined forces to capitalize on the only ?hero? we've had the past decade.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm still trying to figure out what type of political division or nationality or something he claims to belong to.

On one hand he says "you guysand Americans" but then later says "the only herowe'vehad the past decade."

So my guess is he's a female Canadian employee of American Airlines?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It says a lot that you guys and Americans think a failed comedian whose string of failures suddenly led to one of the most awarded (and even decorated) drama careers makes good movies. And a grizzled b actor turned director is now one of the best directors of his time.

We are absolutely the biggest bunch of phillistines in history. Jesus fuck these two are twats that have exploited every hero in the past century and now they've joined forces to capitalize on the only ?hero? we've had the past decade.
TIL Tom Hanks doesn't make good films, and Clint Eastwood was a "b" actor.

How hot is your new art/film major girlfriend? Super-ridiculous hot? Did you leave this page open a few times and now she reads these forums?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's definitely some stinkers in his IMDB but I like Bachelor Party, The Money Pit, Dragnet, Big, The 'Burbs, and A League of Their Own all just fine for his early comedy rolls.

I think I saw Joe vs the Volcano one time and can only remember a single scene from it. Probably was bad.

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm

rrr_img_136410.jpg

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database