Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, but you have to remember how stressful it was as a child to make decisions. I could be damn near feeling a girl up and I would be afraid to say that I liked them. It was crazy just how pussy you are as a child. The amount of importance you give EVERY LITTLE THING.

This show does a good job of making me remember just how stupid kids were. At least how stupid I was.
Meh - i agree with Lenas - i honestly thought this before posting here but Subara isnt as dumb as this bitch. This bitch has the future GUIDING HER and is still too much of a bitch to say shit even knowing how it will turn out. Subaru is just a retard but when he knows things he attempts to act even if he acts like a retard.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She's a coward, I'll give you that. But she makes moves here and there. Watch the 4th episode. It helps tremendously.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think you lot are forgetting that Subaru did try and tell people about the Witch's Cult -- in the capital. That went no where. So, what makes you think Emilia, Ram, or Beatrice will believe him? At least in this episode, he is actively trying to get someone to kill him so he resets (he probably is too weak willed at this point to do it himself). I thought this episode was a good step in the direction; Subaru is learning more about himself and the Witch, and what will happen if he tries to tell people if he uses Return to Death.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't Subaru actually jump off a cliff to reset earlier in the series? I thought after he did that, things started going bad.

I hope Puck doesn't just straight up kill Subaru, I'd like to know what happened to everyone's memories of Rem, and did -something- happen when Subaru decided he didn't want to die? I think prior to this he was accepting that death would lead to a reset, yet he didn't want the Whale to kill him...even though it might mean saving Rem (who is now forgotten by all).

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Re:zero.

It seems every death took a huge toll on Subaru. He's slowly (rapidly actually) going mad, and the fact they forgot rem is precipitating his descent into madness. Whereas before he did end his life on purpose to reboot, or died without much of a fuss when it happened, now he absolutely does not want to die, it scares the living shit out of him.

Also it seems his curse is evolving and not in a good way, before he would feel like his heart is getting crushed when he tried to talk to somebody about the whole reboot thing, now it flat out fucked Emilia up instead of him when he decided to tell her.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Man, I'm a few episodes behind on Re:Zero, and nothing you guys are saying makes me want to catch back up.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Re:Zero sucks. I'm glad I didn't get so invested in it that I feel the need to keep watching in spite of that fact.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm still loving Re:Zero. All the people saying Subaru should just reset are missing the point of the psychological toll that's being taken out on him every time he dies. Dude is clearly not thinking straight anymore, not to mention he is completely over his head as a fairly normal kid being thrown into life or death situations over and over again with monsters and magic and other things we can only dream of.

It's not an MMO. You don't just run back to your corpse when you die. You literally experience death and that will fuck you up, not to mention the intensifying curse they keep hammering us over the head with. Who knows what the fuck will happen with the curse in the future. Who knows if this next time he dies, he stays dead? You do not mess around with shit like this when it's your life on the line.

Watching him slowly break is fascinating. Also the more information he gathers before he dies will increase his chances for next time. He would be stupid to "reset" himself the instant he makes a mistake. You let it play out until you hit a (literal) dead end.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
He's going to end up crazier than Beeetleguise if he doesn't stop being a retard. If that happens then this might have all been worth it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The first few loops were to prevent his own death (and by extension save others). Now he's reached the first brutal stage where everyone else is going to die but he would live just fine if he stayed put and did nothing. Literally has to choose to put himself through deaths only to get Rem tortured and killed along with him and everything keeps going to shit.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The first few loops were to prevent his own death (and by extension save others). Now he's reached the first brutal stage where everyone else is going to die but he would live just fine if he stayed put and did nothing. Literally has to choose to put himself through deaths only to get Rem tortured and killed along with him and everything keeps going to shit.
I can't even imagine the pressure he must be under. Imagine yourself as an 18 year old kid. Now imagine that if you do nothing, dozens, perhaps hundreds of people are going to be brutally murdered, including everyone that you care about in the world.

The only way to stop that? Put yourself directly in harms way where you're probably going to die gruesomely. Perhaps over and over. Each time making the curse on you stronger. It's no wonder that he's cracking under the strain of it.

Now for some reason everyone is forgetting one of his closest friends, someone clearly in love with him. Why? Is it the curse? Was it the whale? Was it his fault? So much he doesn't know and has to learn and the only way to learn is the push forward and die.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still love the show, and look forward to watching it every week. People just hate. It's what they do.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Pointing out a frustration isn't hating. I still like the show but some parts are fuckin dumb. That statement holds true for almost any anime.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Anyway, to change the story... Geography is weird. Proximity wise, you (Chys) are a lot closer to me now than when I was in Philadelphia. However due to time zones you're actually 19 hours ahead of me, instead of only being 13. I guess it's that whole international date line. Hawaii is pretty close to being the "last" time zone. There's a few smaller islands behind us, but not much else. So I guess the easier way to look at it is that you're 5 hours behind me, tomorrow.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Re:zero.

It seems every death took a huge toll on Subaru. He's slowly (rapidly actually) going mad, and the fact they forgot rem is precipitating his descent into madness. Whereas before he did end his life on purpose to reboot, or died without much of a fuss when it happened, now he absolutely does not want to die, it scares the living shit out of him.

Also it seems his curse is evolving and not in a good way, before he would feel like his heart is getting crushed when he tried to talk to somebody about the whole reboot thing, now it flat out fucked Emilia up instead of him when he decided to tell her.
Misinterpretation - The curse cannot kill Subaru afaik, its a warning and then it kills people around him who he attempts to tell shit to. Infact if he had told all those cult members theyd have all likely died id imagine.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah. The curse on Subaru is doesn't seem to be about putting him in danger, outside of tormenting him mentally. If he weren't a fuckin' 'tard, none of this would torment him at all. Fuck something up, die, fix it, repeat. He's got the ultimate get out of jail free card and he refuses to use it. Ok cool, dying is scary, but within the confines of this story you need to recognize that death should mean nothing to him. There is no indication that the next death will be his last and he has no reason to believe it will be. Hell, after all of this trauma he should be welcoming an end.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Seriously, Subaru needs to man up and accept his fate. The main char from "All you need is kill" manned up pretty quick and got shit done after he figured out what was happening.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Meh - i agree with Lenas - i honestly thought this before posting here but Subara isnt as dumb as this bitch. This bitch has the future GUIDING HER and is still too much of a bitch to say shit even knowing how it will turn out. Subaru is just a retard but when he knows things he attempts to act even if he acts like a retard.
It's not entirely clear to me how that one is working - it sort of seems there's no connection between the future versions of them and the past versions, other than the one-off letter, but it could also be showing results of the past time changes in the future.

In any case, I have so say that the chick is either dumber than rocks, or ice-cold ruthless, given she seems to be attempting to erase her baby from existence ;p

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah. The curse on Subaru is doesn't seem to be about putting him in danger, outside of tormenting him mentally. If he weren't a fuckin' 'tard, none of this would torment him at all. Fuck something up, die, fix it, repeat. He's got the ultimate get out of jail free card and he refuses to use it. Ok cool, dying is scary, but within the confines of this story you need to recognize that death should mean nothing to him. There is no indication that the next death will be his last and he has no reason to believe it will be. Hell, after all of this trauma he should be welcoming an end.
That's a pretty brutal way of looking at it. Look at it this way. You have Wolverines regeneration ability. I give you a knife, and tell you to cut your own hand off. Why not? In your context it means nothing to you. It will grow back.

I bet you wouldn't do it. Deliberately causing yourself pain or death is something that goes against all of a humans programming.

There's also an indication that the curse on him gets stronger each time he dies. What happens when it "matures?" - It wouldn't be getting stronger if it wasn't building up to something.

The psychology of this show is trying to be as accurate as possible for how a human would react in this situation and they are nailing it pretty spot on.