Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Alderamin of the Sky was pretty good. I thought it was interesting with strategy. It's giving me an apeggio of blue steel feel. I enjoy seeing how to out think your opponent wins over..derp we did something stupid and ended up winning by default because magic/plot point etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alderamin might be the best new show this season, the only other competition I can see is Mob Psycho. At least there's Re:zero and Shokugeki.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Alderamin is good because the main guy is cocky. He's practically the strategic twin brother of Akatsuki from Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero. Same voice actor.

Malkav

French Madman
Taboo Tattoo completely lost me.

It felt like they crammed 2 episodes and a special in one episode this week. You go from people killing each others to a ping-pong match against the bad guys in a few minutes and you're left like "what the hell just happened?".

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Exactly what I thought after watching it last night. Such a good start for the show, and we go from blood eveeeeeerywhere to ping pong match with boob rubbing.

The fuck just happened?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Subaru did ask Rem to run away with him, but she refused.....yet he still made the worst decision by saying he loved Emilia. Dumb.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
She only refused cause he asked for the wrong reason. He's still a complete idiot. Emilia isn't even an interesting character at this point (or any point tbh)

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would argue that they've given Puck more relational backstory than Emilia at this point. She was more prominent in the first half of the first arc than the rest of the series so far.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Taboo Tattoo completely lost me.

It felt like they crammed 2 episodes and a special in one episode this week. You go from people killing each others to a ping-pong match against the bad guys in a few minutes and you're left like "what the hell just happened?".

Yeah wtf, thought the series was going to be semi serious. :confused:
They went from wanting to murder each other, to buddy buddy random ping pong for boob rubs, does that last part count as the "beach" episode? :D

Leon

<Silver Donator>
got a weird vibe from the scene where Subaru dies in this episode. Him hearing Betelgeuse laugh then realizing it's his laugh. The fact he's heavily tied to the curse and so is Betelgeuse ....could Betelgeuse be the product of Subaru falling deep into madness in an alternate reality/previous incarnation?

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
got a weird vibe from the scene where Subaru dies in this episode. Him hearing Betelgeuse laugh then realizing it's his laugh. The fact he's heavily tied to the curse and so is Betelgeuse ....could Betelgeuse be the product of Subaru falling deep into madness in an alternate reality/previous incarnation?

Maybe all the Sin Bishops are the result of the Witch's curse upon them...so if Subaru keeps dying / getting more corrupted he'll turn into a Bishop (Sloth?).

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He also called Subaru slothful, and didn't Betelgeuse think Subaru was slothful?

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah. A little weird that Puck would say something like that.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Someone called Subaru slothful right before he woke up (post death), but it was a female voice.
I'll have to re watch it, could be puck (voice very feminine) but it sounded like Emilia in the scene.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I thought of it more metaphorically myself. I figured he just said that as though he meant he was losing his shit for the last time.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Now I have to look at the episode again.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Damn I was liking Taboo Tattoo also but that last episode felt so rushed with many dumb parts.

Outcast / Alderaman though I am still liking.