Summer Olympics 2021

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
“But for someone like myself – and this is what Tiger deals with – I don’t know if I could’ve survived in this Twitter [era], where you don’t have the privacy that you’d want and what seems to be very innocent can always be misinterpreted.”

Even Jordan thinks the modern day spotlight would be tough for him.
What about vaulting with an injured ankle?

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
No way I'd be on Twitter if I was a celebrity. If I was it would be just an informational feed that I paid someone to post promotional stuff on and never read myself. The downside is way bigger then the upside for someone like Tiger.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
All that cocaine fueled partying in the early/mid 80s would have been very interesting if social media had been a thing.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
celebrities usually choose to become celebrities because of their lust for attention. the people who become famous accidentally tend not to be attention whores.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Richard Sherman ever even hinting he was some kind of greatest of all time? LOL! That's more comparable to that weight lifting dude who is pretending he's a woman since the premise is completely delusional.
He was literally a top 2 CB for a few years. It was between him and Revis. He's a HOFer who changed a lot about how the position is played and viewed. After him, every team started looking for CB's to play the way he did.

• 1WTF

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
No way I'd be on Twitter if I was a celebrity. If I was it would be just an informational feed that I paid someone to post promotional stuff on and never read myself. The downside is way bigger then the upside for someone like Tiger.
The problem is not if a celerity is on twitter or not. The problem is that everyone else is on and everyone is an amateur reporter. So what ever little thing you do is going to be broadcasted.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah even if you avoid social media personally, you're still going to have to deal with stuff in a very different way than 20 years ago.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
He was literally a top 2 CB for a few years. It was between him and Revis. He's a HOFer who changed a lot about how the position is played and viewed. After him, every team started looking for CB's to play the way he did.

How does being top 2 for several years somehow equate to greatest of all time? You're proving my point, fella.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He was successful because of the way offenses in his division played.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Champ Bailey went to 12 probowls...

and had a shitton more interceptions.

• 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean, that's how hyper competitive dudes are and should be. He was obviously really good at one point and he should feel like he's the best.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
celebrities usually choose to become celebrities because of their lust for attention. the people who become famous accidentally tend not to be attention whores.

How many celebrities get to "choose" to be a celebrity. You have a point that in some entertainment industries there may be a correlation between celebrity and outgoing personalities and attention whoring. And plenty of accidentally famous people take advantage of it from an attention whoring perspective if they are inclined in that direction.

I guess I don't get you point.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah even if you avoid social media personally, you're still going to have to deal with stuff in a very different way than 20 years ago.

Instead of traditional media that were horrible but could be bought off or controlled to some extent because they couldn't completely burn bridges, social media is full of unrestrained amateur retards with no boundaries or feasible limits. And traditional media is also worse now because they feed the social media cancer when they want extra drama. I trust MJ saying things suck extra now in that regard.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How many celebrities get to "choose" to be a celebrity. You have a point that in some entertainment industries there may be a correlation between celebrity and outgoing personalities and attention whoring. And plenty of accidentally famous people take advantage of it from an attention whoring perspective if they are inclined in that direction.

I guess I don't get you point.
Is Daniel Day Lewis constantly the talk of the town and blowing up on Twitter? No yet hes one of the most renowned actors ever.

How you carry yourself and interact with others has a profound impact on how social media reacts. Quit in the middle of doing your routine and make a scene while just about every camera is on you? Social media is gonna blow up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Is Daniel Day Lewis constantly the talk of the town and blowing up on Twitter? No yet hes one of the most renowned actors ever.

How you carry yourself and interact with others has a profound impact on how social media reacts. Quit in the middle of doing your routine and make a scene while just about every camera is on you? Social media is gonna blow up.

I don't disagree, but am not sure what this has to do with my comments about Chuk's dumb comments.

Wait, if the outrage mob on Twitter are also attention whores, which is likely, why aren't they all choosing to be celebrities?

Sterling

El Presidente
Peak Sherman is probably better than peak Bailey, but Bailey was good for a long stretch. Pro Bowls is a weird thing because there's a lot of variables. Conference, people opting out, etc. Being the 3rd alternate in the weaker conference at a position doesn't make you elite for example.