Summoner's War - Sky Arena

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it resets every week or two (I forget). Was nice being the big fish in the small pond for a few, but that's already changing. I expect next round to once again be surrounded by people I can't beat.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
There needs to be a way to 'shatter' high and mid essences into lower ones. I know they want to make it painful so maybe 10000 mana and you only get 8 of the lower essence. Something like that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The thing about maxing them and awakening them is that if you use it to level a creature of the same element type as the angelmon it gives you 150% of the experience. They seem very worth it to me especially considering the fact that you have the additional chance to hit 1.5x the experience that sometimes happens on any power up.
Just did an experiment with angelmons. I evolved my Elucia to 4* which was a massive hit to her stats so I wanted her at least partly leveled back up quickly:

L1 Elucia (0xp) + L5 Blue Angelmon = 701.3% xp
L1 Elucia (0xp) + L5 Blue Angelmon + two L1 2* silver fodders =888.2%
L5 Blue Angelmon + two L1 2* silver fodders = 402.3% xp
L1 Elucia (0xp) + L9 Blue Angelmon =1043.6% xp

So I gained a little more than 1.5 extra levels by leveling it up. The tricky part is leveling it up such that no xp is wasted (obviously easier to do if you have an xp building, but I'm only L15 and I don't think I want to spend 400-500 crystals on one).

Edit: I'm not sure it's worth going much past L10 though. I ended up feeding the Blue Angelmon another 5 1*'s which raised it to just barely above L12, and the net result for Elucia was 1267.9% xp. Still a gain, but I think it would have been a waste to raise it all the way to 15, so I just fed it to her at that point.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I gained a little more than 1.5 extra levels by leveling it up. The tricky part is leveling it up such that no xp is wasted (obviously easier to do if you have an xp building, but I'm only L15 and I don't think I want to spend 300-400 crystals on one).
The thing where you stick them in and they get 100xp per hour? That shit is dirt fuckin' slow. You might get a level a day if they're lower.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but overnight or during work if I can't play it is 800 - 1000k of passive xp. The first one wasn't that expensive I didn't think.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh it's worth using, just saying it's not going to do much to alleviate the pain in the ass that is leveling up angelmon etc. Especially if you want to use them any time soon.

Vorph

Right, what I was saying is that you stop feeding at like 80-90% and let the farm finish it. Otherwise even feeding another 1* will overshoot by 25% or so and it's just wasted.

The 400 crystal one is 150xp/hr with 4 slots, the 500 crystal one is 150xp/hr with 5 slots, and the L16 one you buy for 50k mana is 100xp/hr with 4 slots. I'm saving up for a 750 crystal scroll pack right now, but I might spend my next 400 crystals after that on a second farm. Depends on how bad I get fucked by RNG I suppose.

Edit: Two 2* and three 1* fodder gives a L5 angelmon 598.1% xp, then 1 hour in the farm will take it to level 11. Another 12 or so hours past that would get it to level 12, which again is probably where I would stop as the diminishing returns kick in. (Five 1*'s and about 30 hours in the farm total would have the same effect, if you prefer saving 2* fodder to evolve with.)

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
One caveat with the xp houses is that the monsters stop gaining xp once they level up. You have to then log in and tap them to level them up so that they start gaining xp again.

It is kinda dumb as I was hoping to just forget about the fuckers until they hit max level. #firstworldproblems

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Famion 1 farming during the double mana event is bonkers. Just made 90k mana and 8 hellhounds off of 40 energy. Best run was 5550 mana and a 2* violent rune.

Just hit 20. Should I buy the Monster Storage?

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
Arena resets every two weeks. It starts to get painful after you pass 1300 arena points it seems. I was sitting at 1355 Sunday morning and had to scramble to stay above 1200 to get the 50 crystal payout by Sunday night. Seems a lot of people treat it like an eBay auction, little action up until the end and then its a mad scramble.

I managed to get enough crystals to get the 750 pack and so far all I've been able to pull are two 3* and two awakened 3*. Will use the rest of the scrolls in a bit to see if I can pull anything better but I'm not holding out any hope.

OneofOne

If anyone in the guild is super bored and wants to look at my dudes to see if I can make a viable Famion 1 team, feel free! Feeling a bit overwhelmed with soooo many dang creatures.

Vorph

Just hit 20. Should I buy the Monster Storage?
Only if it's cheaper than buying 5 slots of normal storage, or your normal storage is maxed out.

I just closed the game, then went to restart it like 10 minutes later and I can't get past the "touch to start" screen. WTF? (I'm on wifi, not 4G.)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I hear you OneofOne. My defense team right now is 4* Water Fairy, 3* Water Howl, 4* Water Warbear, and 3* Light Garuda all awakened. I pulled a 3* Water Golem and the 3* Water Werewolf and now I have to decide if they are better on defense than my current team or do I use them as fodder to turn my 3*'s to 4*. If I replace the weak link, the Garuda, then the whole team is water and gets tooled by any wind team. UGH.

Fiftyfour

I just closed the game, then went to restart it like 10 minutes later and I can't get past the "touch to start" screen. WTF? (I'm on wifi, not 4G.)
Same. I believe they are doing maintenance right now which doesnt allow you to login.

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
So i did the 750 pack and got

5* Fire Dragon
4* Awakened Fire L Armor
4* Fire Undine
4* Wind Phantom Thief
3* Fire Inugami

and some random 3*s

rrr_img_74678.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If anyone in the guild is super bored and wants to look at my dudes to see if I can make a viable Famion 1 team, feel free! Feeling a bit overwhelmed with soooo many dang creatures.
My team is jank but here it is:

4* Water Warbear (A)
4* Water Fairy (A)
4* Water Howl (A)
3* Wind Warbear (A)

The strategy is that it is all fire monsters so they will always attack wind first because they are strong against it, then fire because they are neutral, and water last because they are weak against it. My fairy and howl keep the wind tank alive as long as possible while the 4th unit deals damage. Unfortunately I do not have a water attach to make it shorter so the water warbear is my best water attacker right now. The benefit to the wind warbear is that his ultimate can kill anything in one shot as a fuck you before he dies.

For you, I would suggest taking in your Water Fairy, Water Epikion Priest, Water Witch/Imp (whichever kills more shit faster), and the Wind Warbear or Fire Werewolf. They are all going after the that one first si make sure your heals on the other two are good and let your water attacker kill things. Try to prioritize killing the hounds first because they have less HP. Let me know how it goes.

So i did the 750 pack and got

5* Fire Dragon
4* Awakened Fire L Armor
4* Fire Undine
4* Wind Phantom Thief
3* Fire Inugami

and some random 3*s
I am very jealous of you right now. I do, however, have 4 Mystic Scrolls and 1,050 crystals to spend when I am ready. I hope I get pulls like yours!

Fiftyfour

So for the 750 pack I pulled 11 3*:

Awakened Water Harpu
Awakened Fire Harpu
Fire Golem
Water Fairy
Wind Griffon
Wind Harpy
Fire Fairy
Water Epikion Priest
Wind Grim Reaper
Water Warbear
Wind Bearman

Nothing too exciting, I know the Warbear is a keeper for sure. The rest I'm not too sure on.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just got my 10th Hellhound of the day on Faimon 1. I know I should be happy for the skill up part, but I feel like the random roll in the background was *thisclose* to giving me that fucking Inugami.

Fiftyfour, I don't think your pack was very good and I'm pretty sure that is the norm for opening the 11 scrolls. Ohmgee's was the aberration. I think the Warbear, Epikion Priest, and Grim Reaper are pretty damn good 3*'s and you have fodder to get them to 4* quickly. This is the opinion of someone that has been playing a week and a half, so please take this with a grain of salt. Avery might tell you I'm off my rocker.

OneofOne

For you, I would suggest taking in your Water Fairy, Water Epikion Priest, Water Witch/Imp (whichever kills more shit faster), and the Wind Warbear or Fire Werewolf. They are all going after the that one first si make sure your heals on the other two are good and let your water attacker kill things. Try to prioritize killing the hounds first because they have less HP. Let me know how it goes.
You know, I wouldn't even have bothered trying that because my Water EP is so low level with crappy runes, and my Imp feels subpar as well, but that went pretty damn smooth - Water Fairy, Water EP, Water Imp, Wind Warbear. I'm glad I asked haha Thanks!